+ Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by LGgeek Another reason the government should look into the "arrangement" between Apple and At&T. AT&T consistently fails to deliver to consumers yet Apple refuses to let any
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    Another reason the government should look into the "arrangement" between Apple and At&T.
    AT&T consistently fails to deliver to consumers yet Apple refuses to let any other carrier be involved, sounds like collusion to me.

If another carrier was allowed to carry the iPhone then there would be competition and we would see some changes in plans and prices. The lack of another carrier amounts to price fixing, which Apple is perpetuating.
    Apple is the only one that makes the iPhone. Adding another carrier in the US would just mean a couple of things. Mainly, more demand for an already strained supply line. iPhone 4 is only being release in what, 5 countries this week? In the US alone it sold out in less than 24 hours. Over 600,000 units for AT&T alone, Apple's #1 carrier. Adding Verizon to the mix would just mean less units for everyone, more demand (as Verizon adds oh another 90+ million potential costumers?). It would actually make things much worse for Apple, AT&T, and Verizon.

At this point, the bottleneck is Apple. They literally cannot make these phones fast enough.

As for you second point, are you mentally retarded? Competition? Between AT&T and Verizon? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. They have the same identical plans, price points, and costs for EVERYTHING. Whenever one changes something (dropping down unlimited talk to $69 or whatever it is now for example) the other quickly follow.

There's a reason costs for text messages have gone UP rather than down. They're not competing with each other. They're both confortable where they are, putting a nice PR war on the front end while deciding how to subtly jack up prices here and there to maximize profit. T-Mobile and Sprint don't have enough numbers to even matter to the big two.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

For people that have the canceled order on ATT and Apple, I received it too, and it was canceled, hopefuly the ATT representative are going to hold one for me at the store on the 24th. I asked them why was that, and they didnt know, why apple and ATT didnt know? I called my credit card and told them why my payment was on hold and they returned my money back. They told me, when you make a purchase and its waiting to be charged (on hold) for more than 3 days sometimes 5, they (your bank) or (credit card company) closed that transaction and return your money back, and if they atempt to charge you again for the order (I mean when they ship your iphone) they cant because they need your signature to verify the order. Thats why most of us made our preorders right on the 15th but most of us on the 19th or before our ordes were canceled because for your credit card company that order was expired. Thats why ATT was saying that they didnt know, because it was your credit card company and the ATT system just was reacting because your credit card company system canceled the payment first. The ATT system is an automated system, thats why you received that email saying it was canceled and do not reply because this email was from their automated system and it never going to be read for a real person.
    Last edited by javiert30; 06-21-2010 at 11:02 PM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    Another reason the government should look into the "arrangement" between Apple and At&T.
    AT&T consistently fails to deliver to consumers yet Apple refuses to let any other carrier be involved, sounds like collusion to me.

If another carrier was allowed to carry the iPhone then there would be competition and we would see some changes in plans and prices. The lack of another carrier amounts to price fixing, which Apple is perpetuating.
    This comment confuses me in many ways. But the main one is that Apple is allowing other companies to handle pre-orders too. Or I guess I should say handle day 1 sales; ie. Walmart, Best Buy and Radio Shack. So the agreement means nothing in this situation. As happynoodle said no matter how mant carriers you add to the selling of iPhone it won't matter because the demand is so high.

Thanks

Demand beats the offer twice at least- this is a nice way to get the tention up to the peak)))

What's Jailbreak? Lovebotlasss17's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, so after checking my status that read "shipped" via FedEx, I tried checking out the tracking number via the FedEx website. Nothing was found, so I decided to call customer service. The female rep told me I was not the first to call, and several individuals are asking the same question, which is: "Why isn't my tracking number working or not found?"

She told me that a "label" was reserved for our pre-ordred iphones to be shipped the 23rd. They have not yet been received but once they do, it'll be shipped tomorrow. That way we'll have it on the 24th. It seems to make sense, minus the whole "label" thing since I forgot what she said verbatim. Here's to getting our phones in two days!!
    I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

My 2 iPhones just arrived at the office. I gotta get back there and check them out!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

^ Ok don't rub it in!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking Got it
    After all the mess trying to pre-order on the 15th, I actually received my IP4 today. After a little trouble getting through to AT&T to get the SIM activated to another number, all seems great.
    Looking forward to the Dev Team releasing a JB for the new phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cachehog View Post
    After all the mess trying to pre-order on the 15th, I actually received my IP4 today. After a little trouble getting through to AT&T to get the SIM activated to another number, all seems great.
    Looking forward to the Dev Team releasing a JB for the new phone
    Were you able to do that by calling or did you have to go to a store? I will get mine tomorrow and it will be replacing my iPhone and the iPhone I have will go to the number I am receiving tomorrow.

Thanks

Congrats to everyone who recieved thier iPhones!)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ErikiPhone View Post
    Congrats to everyone who recieved thier iPhones!)
    Thanks man....it's freaking awesome!!!

Best of luck to everyone else...I hope they work everything out.

Thanks

by a miracle I got mine last night on 23rd at 7:30pm EST. pre-ordered it then 5 days later get email from apple of cancellation, then 3 days later get a shipment notification from AT&T then on the 23rd the UPS guy gets to my house at 7:30pm I was happy but like wtf took you so long? He said I work Pines area which is 3 cities away from me, your package got mis-sorted onto my truck by mistake lol

Thanks

Here is what ATT did to me, first they canceled my order for no reason, then an ATT rep told me shes going to hold it for me. After that day she called me back and told me she can not doit because her manager told her she cant, then she told me be early on the line on the 23th so you can pick it up, then after that day, she called me back saying that I can not come to pic it up because on the 24th is gonna be just for people that pre ordered already, I told her that I perordered already but ATT canceled my order, she told me I cant. I went anyways on the 24th, they told me I can't help you. You got to come on the 29th. After that I went to walmart, they had just 1 on their inventory and one guy was there already waiting for it, went to Radio Shack, wait till 9am and they told me they are not going to sale it today (24th), whent to best buy and they told me just for preorders, went to another walmart and they told me they dont know if they are going to sell it today (24th), went to another Radio Shack and they told me they are not going to sell it, maybe later but they didnt know which day. After that I went home frustrated and waiting to have one on the 29th on ATT. I think I am just a little bit F... up.
    Last edited by javiert30; 06-27-2010 at 04:45 PM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

What's Jailbreak? Lovebotlasss17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Here is what ATT did to me, first they canceled my order for no reason, then an ATT rep told me shes going to hold it for me. After that day she called me back and told me she can not doit because her manager told her she cant, then she told me be early online on the 23th so you can pick it up, then after that day, she called me back saying that I can not come to pic it up because on the 24th is gonna be just for people that pre ordered already, I told her that I perordered already but ATT cancel my order, she told me I cant. I went anyways on the 24th, they told me I can help you. You got to come on the 29th. After that I went to walmart, they had just 1 on their inventory and one guy was there already waiting for it, whent to Radio Shack, wait till 9am and they told me they are not going to sale it today (24th), whent to best buy and they told me just for preorders, went to another walmart and they told me they dont know if they are going to sell it today (24th), went to another Radio Shack and they told me they are not going to sell it, maybe later but they didnt know which day. After that I went home frustrated and waiting to have one on the 29th on ATT. I think I am just a little bit F... up.

That is exhausting and so jacked up! I actually got my delivered on my military base to the post office. No problems activating it. Does this make you not want the iphone 4?
    I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebotlasss17 View Post
    That is exhausting and so jacked up! I actually got my delivered on my military base to the post office. No problems activating it. Does this make you not want the iphone 4?
    To tell you the truth Im really frustrated about all this sh...t, but I want my iPhone, I sold already mine and I have like 1 month without a phone, but still paying my monthly plan without using it. Im going to get that phone early on the 28th. Lets see with what kind of sh...t they are going to come now.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

This is chaos good luck Javier, I was in the same boat as you. Sold my 3Gs a while back and was paying my data plan without using it. Lucked out by picking up a iPhone 4 the next day of it's release.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did it by calling. Very easy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Best Buy was the way to go. 1 mile from my house. No waits on preorder day and no waits on release day. If phone gets a scratch, it's replaced with their replacement plan! So easy and no waits!!! Even checked my phone for issues before purchasing! Definitely suggest it next year!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@mj0528
    I highly doubt they will replace it because of a scratch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    Best Buy was the way to go. 1 mile from my house. No waits on preorder day and no waits on release day. If phone gets a scratch, it's replaced with their replacement plan! So easy and no waits!!! Even checked my phone for issues before purchasing! Definitely suggest it next year!!!!
    You don't how they will work next year) it might be a total failure next time.) how ever why do worry so much if you are plan to use it for only year?)
    Start working for Apple- it will solve your problem!)

+ Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920