Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 397

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders

  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by rumcajs View Post
    this is what i just got....i guess im ok...
    what time did you order on the 15ht? I ordered at 130pm ET and mine still says in progress. But my order date says 6/16. When did they update your status?

  2. #362
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,224
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 115 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    what time did you order on the 15ht? I ordered at 130pm ET and mine still says in progress. But my order date says 6/16. When did they update your status?
    Dont worry my friend, everything different from canceled, is fine.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Dont worry my friend, everything different from canceled, is fine.
    i hope youre right!

  4. #364
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,224
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 115 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    i hope youre right!
    Come on, come on, one more and you will become a iphoneaholic... you can doit.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  5. #365
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    might be a little off topic...but has anyone received money back from apple after pre-ordering their iphone?...ive already received an e-mail about it being shipped out..and i have the tracking number and when i ordered on the 15th it took the $212.93 out of my accnt but now its back in...this supposed to happen?

    Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

  6. #366
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,224
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 115 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kil0111 View Post
    might be a little off topic...but has anyone received money back from apple after pre-ordering their iphone?...ive already received an e-mail about it being shipped out..and i have the tracking number and when i ordered on the 15th it took the $212.93 out of my accnt but now its back in...this supposed to happen?
    I dont know, but it sounds good
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Come on, come on, one more and you will become a iphoneaholic... you can doit.
    yay! lmao!!

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by beantown6171 View Post
    just checked my bank account and at&t charged me for 4 iphones, i just preordered 1 on the 15th, wtf
    If they give all the 4 you shouldn't be angry, as you can make profit- and what is more now those with canceled pre-orders can get an idea on how on earth that could happen!) some gets 4, others none)
    But something tells me it is just a mistake - and you were charged for nothing) deal with it as if too much time passes- will take ages to proof them anything.

  9. #369
    Finally! I'm a lot happier now that my status says "shipped." Finally!! They shipped it the 18th, so I guess I should check my mailbox. I didn't think they were going to ship it that early though. And I didn't know it was going to be FEDEX'd. This better not be another glitch.

    Ummm...weren't our iPhones supposed to be shipped on the 24th? Not earlier? I think their tracking system is messed up. Anybody have any ideas?

    Thanks
    Last edited by Lovebotlasss17; 06-21-2010 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain


  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebotlasss17 View Post
    Finally! I'm a lot happier now that my status says "shipped." Finally!! They shipped it the 18th, so I guess I should check my mailbox. I didn't think they were going to ship it that early though. And I didn't know it was going to be FEDEX'd. This better not be another glitch.

    Ummm...weren't our iPhones supposed to be shipped on the 24th? Not earlier? I think their tracking system is messed up. Anybody have any ideas?

    Thanks
    Likely the delivery date is the 24th. They are probably using a slower shipping method that will deliver on the 24th and as the dates get closer they will switch to 3day then 2day and next day so that the iPhones will be delivered on the 24th for everyone.

  11. #371
    Checked my email this morning and had the shipment notification from apple I did the littel fedex thing by putting my number in yesterday and it worked but the official email makes me feel better

  12. #372
    I know it's hopeless but I placed my order thru apple, and got the cancellation email on Sat. but AT&T site says still in progress. Is there still hope?

  13. #373
    Got my order in at 8 on the 15th and mine is saying it's backordered. Might go to best buy, buy one there and cancel my preorder. Think that'll work?

  14. #374
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Don't go to Best Buy, their stocks are very limited and I don't think they will even get enough to cover all their preorders. As much as the lines are going to suck, goto an apple store.

  15. #375
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    just checked my order status and finally says being shipped on the 21st with fedex tracking #, i placed my order at 4:08pm on the 15th

  16. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    Likely the delivery date is the 24th. They are probably using a slower shipping method that will deliver on the 24th and as the dates get closer they will switch to 3day then 2day and next day so that the iPhones will be delivered on the 24th for everyone.
    Nope, no matter when they ship, they get held at the main Fedex hub (Memphis, Indiana Etc.) then they release Wednesday the 23 for overnight arrival at local Depot and on the truck that morning.

    Smitty

  17. #377
    OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Gatos, Ca
    Posts
    399
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts

    Default ATT&T fails again then covers up
    Another reason the government should look into the "arrangement" between Apple and At&T.
    AT&T consistently fails to deliver to consumers yet Apple refuses to let any other carrier be involved, sounds like collusion to me.

    If another carrier was allowed to carry the iPhone then there would be competition and we would see some changes in plans and prices. The lack of another carrier amounts to price fixing, which Apple is perpetuating.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    Another reason the government should look into the "arrangement" between Apple and At&T.
    AT&T consistently fails to deliver to consumers yet Apple refuses to let any other carrier be involved, sounds like collusion to me.

    If another carrier was allowed to carry the iPhone then there would be competition and we would see some changes in plans and prices. The lack of another carrier amounts to price fixing, which Apple is perpetuating.
    Apple is the only one that makes the iPhone. Adding another carrier in the US would just mean a couple of things. Mainly, more demand for an already strained supply line. iPhone 4 is only being release in what, 5 countries this week? In the US alone it sold out in less than 24 hours. Over 600,000 units for AT&T alone, Apple's #1 carrier. Adding Verizon to the mix would just mean less units for everyone, more demand (as Verizon adds oh another 90+ million potential costumers?). It would actually make things much worse for Apple, AT&T, and Verizon.

    At this point, the bottleneck is Apple. They literally cannot make these phones fast enough.


    As for you second point, are you mentally retarded? Competition? Between AT&T and Verizon? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. They have the same identical plans, price points, and costs for EVERYTHING. Whenever one changes something (dropping down unlimited talk to $69 or whatever it is now for example) the other quickly follow.

    There's a reason costs for text messages have gone UP rather than down. They're not competing with each other. They're both confortable where they are, putting a nice PR war on the front end while deciding how to subtly jack up prices here and there to maximize profit. T-Mobile and Sprint don't have enough numbers to even matter to the big two.

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  19. #379
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,224
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 115 Times in 88 Posts

    For people that have the canceled order on ATT and Apple, I received it too, and it was canceled, hopefuly the ATT representative are going to hold one for me at the store on the 24th. I asked them why was that, and they didnt know, why apple and ATT didnt know? I called my credit card and told them why my payment was on hold and they returned my money back. They told me, when you make a purchase and its waiting to be charged (on hold) for more than 3 days sometimes 5, they (your bank) or (credit card company) closed that transaction and return your money back, and if they atempt to charge you again for the order (I mean when they ship your iphone) they cant because they need your signature to verify the order. Thats why most of us made our preorders right on the 15th but most of us on the 19th or before our ordes were canceled because for your credit card company that order was expired. Thats why ATT was saying that they didnt know, because it was your credit card company and the ATT system just was reacting because your credit card company system canceled the payment first. The ATT system is an automated system, thats why you received that email saying it was canceled and do not reply because this email was from their automated system and it never going to be read for a real person.
    Last edited by javiert30; 06-22-2010 at 12:02 AM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  20. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    Another reason the government should look into the "arrangement" between Apple and At&T.
    AT&T consistently fails to deliver to consumers yet Apple refuses to let any other carrier be involved, sounds like collusion to me.

    If another carrier was allowed to carry the iPhone then there would be competition and we would see some changes in plans and prices. The lack of another carrier amounts to price fixing, which Apple is perpetuating.
    This comment confuses me in many ways. But the main one is that Apple is allowing other companies to handle pre-orders too. Or I guess I should say handle day 1 sales; ie. Walmart, Best Buy and Radio Shack. So the agreement means nothing in this situation. As happynoodle said no matter how mant carriers you add to the selling of iPhone it won't matter because the demand is so high.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •