Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders

I am lucky 106,906 member that reserved the iPhone 4, and just received the iPhone 4 cancellation order email. My advice is do not change a thing on the order.

@daytonaviolet im heading up at around 430am so 2 1/2 hour wait to be close to the front for pre order so maybe 1 of the first 20 for preorders in the line would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Llcouttien View Post
    Alright guys, so I want to know ifthis happened to anyone else. I just checked my bank account to see if the money has been finalized as taken out for the iPhone I preordered. Well it went from pending to not existing anymore looking as if they decided to cancel my payment. I ordered at 3am pacific on the 15th and clearly have the funds to pay for it in my account. This is very worrisome and am about to start calling around for answers. But let me know what you guys think. My order on site still says in progress for order status by the way.
    You should be fine. What you saw on your acct was nothing more than a auth hold, it was never a real charge/debit. It fell off. Most banks will only let it stay for so long. You'll get another charge when it ships and that one won't be falling off so don't go spending the money thinking your phone got canceled...

Quote Originally Posted by Daps View Post
    You should be fine. What you saw on your acct was nothing more than a auth hold, it was never a real charge/debit. It fell off. Most banks will only let it stay for so long. You'll get another charge when it ships and that one won't be falling off so don't go spending the money thinking your phone got canceled...
    This is exactly what happened. Just relax, people.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks for that. Just wanted to make sure. Was told the same thing by Att as well. I was mad nervous earlier though.

Being that it was nothing more than an authorization/pend/hold and Apple said they would charge at ship time yeah people should relax about it, actually they should be happy that it fell out and freed the money up.

Real slim chance that it would happen but it would suck if you had the pending from the 15th still lingering and they run the at ship time charge tying up $400 and you only had $300 in your acct to cover the phone and that taco bell you bought lastnite but whoops it shows up while your bank funds are tied up *ouch* that's could be an expensive taco if you get hit with over draft charges

If you order thru apple and it says ship date 24th or prepared for shipment i wouldn't sweat it.

If you got the cancel email then it's time to worry

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalano View Post
    Question, some people were showing like a little graph of their order status for their iphone, was that from apple or att? when i goto att to check my status it's just like a mini excel sheet
    Well, in the email you may or may not have received, there may be a chart like looks like this:

iPhone Order Details:
    Order Transaction Number: XXXXX
    Shipping Zip Code: XXXXX
    Item Name/ Item Number/ Quantity Ordered/

Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONE/ XXXXX/ 1

Various SIM/ XXXXX/ 1

FREIGHT/ XXXXX/ 1

When you click on the link provide to check your order status (another chart), it may read "in progress," which is what you want, until it ships out. When it does, it'll read "cancelled," "partially shipped," or "shipped." I received the email from AT&T. Good luck
    I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I checked my order and it change from "in progress" to "canceled" f.....ing incompetent idiots . Going to ATT store early in the morning. My credit card still with the money on hold.

I received an email saying this...

Your iPhone order has been cancelled.

Your credit card has not been charged.

If you believe you have received this email in error, please return to the AT&T store where you placed your order.

Sincerely,
    AT&T
    Last edited by javiert30; 06-20-2010 at 01:14 AM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

So that really sucks. Obviously, that's an understatement. I would be pissed if I received an email that stated that, especially after waiting to pre-order this phone. Definitely go to AT&T and ask why it was cancelled. I would ask them were you one of the individuals whose order got cancelled because of the high demand? Still that wouldn't make much since because they should have put it on backorder, not cancel it. You know, that whole "first come, first serve."

That is incompetent. And rude. Good luck with AT&T's crazy customer service. They'll probably tell you pre-ordering the iPhone was not a guarantee to actually buy the phone, even though you may have a receipt and a hold of applicable funds on your credit card.

Or maybe you checked the system at the wrong time. An hour ago when checking the status of my order, they couldn't find it in their system! I called the automated voice number, and it still said they couldn't find anything. I waited about 10 to 15 minutes and checked the link again. Surprise, surprise, there was my order status and it said "in progress." A glitch? Maybe. So maybe you should wait a little bit longer before wasting your time with AT&T?
    Last edited by Lovebotlasss17; 06-20-2010 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebotlasss17 View Post
    So that really sucks. Obviously, that's an understatement. I would be pissed if I received an email that stated that, especially after waiting to pre-order this phone. Definitely go to AT&T and ask why it was cancelled. I would ask them were you one of the individuals whose order got cancelled because of the high demand? Still that wouldn't make much since because they should have put it on backorder, not cancel it. You know, that whole "first come, first serve."

That is incompetent. And rude. Good luck with AT&T's crazy customer service. They'll probably tell you pre-ordering the iPhone was not a guarantee to actually buy the phone, even though you may have a receipt and a hold of applicable funds on your credit card.

Or maybe you checked the system at the wrong time. An hour ago when checking the status of my order, they couldn't find it in their system! I called the automated voice number, and it still said they couldn't find anything. I waited about 10 to 15 minutes and checked the link again. Surprise, surprise, there was my order status and it said "in progress." A glitch? Maybe. So maybe you should wait a little bit longer before wasting your time with AT&T?
    I hope Love, lets see whats gonna change till tomorrow. You have no idea of how upset I am, I dont remember when was the last time I felt like this. I made my pre-order in time so I can have the fk....ng iPhone in time and look. I need another cigarette.
    Last edited by javiert30; 06-20-2010 at 04:00 AM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

I hope this doesn't happen to me....

It did happen to you you just don't kno it lol j/k
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Thursday is going to be awesome

Thanks

Going to ATT right now, the are going to hear me.... I will tell you later what happened...
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Cant wait to hear this story

I got an email from apple today telling me that my order has shipped, whoo hoo!

Thanks

Ok here is the story. I went to the ATT store, while I was driving I decided to calm down and see what they are going to tell me first. I told the CSR there that yesterday night my order shows on their website as canceled. They checked on their system and they told me that it appears ready to ship, but I told them that they refund my money back on my cc account already, she told me leave that money alone there, maybe they are going to take the money back again once they ship it to my home on the 24. She told me that she's going to check on the 24th if is comming, if not, she's going to hold one for me the 24th and I can go there anytime the 24th and have my iphone 4G because I ordered in time on the 15th already, so Im going to have my 4G no matter what for sure.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

No respectable business takes money out of your account until the product ships. What you saw was a check on your account to see if you had the money at the time of the preorder. It goes away usually after a day or so. The money will be taken out when it ships. If you do not have the money at that time then it will not ship.

Ya my hold dropped off today too. I ordered 3 upgrades on our business account and 1 upgrade and 1 new line on my personal account all at 4am except 1 which was done at 3pm and thats the only one that shows backordered still. The other 4 went from backordered to just quanity ordered and still processing so there most be something going on

Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Ok here is the story. I went to the ATT store, while I was driving I decided to calm down and see what they are going to tell me first. I told the CSR there that yesterday night my order shows on their website as canceled. They checked on their system and they told me that it appears ready to ship, but I told them that they refund my money back on my cc account already, she told me leave that money alone there, maybe they are going to take the money back again once they ship it to my home on the 24. She told me that she's going to check on the 24th if is comming, if not, she's going to hold one for me the 24th and I can go there anytime the 24th and have my iphone 4G because I ordered in time on the 15th already, so Im going to have my 4G no matter what for sure.
    Dude, that is good news I guess. It's just uncalled for that AT&T would even try to pull something like that. It's kinda jacked up for them to charge your credit card already, especially since they continuously tell other people they will NOT charge the account until the phone ships out. That rep better stick to her word.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast