Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Damn weren't u and I on the same boat?

I'm not an expert on this, but I really do not think when it says "back-ordered," that's a good thing. I mean, mine doesn't say that and it's been 2 days already. Although a person could have ordered their iPhone 4 really early, the systems were slow. I'm wondering if mine is eventually going to show "back-ordered," but I hope not.

Also, in my opinion when it says "in-progress," that's great. The other options are:

Status Explanations
    In Progress: Our warehouse is still processing this item for shipment.
    Canceled: This item has been canceled and will not be shipped.
    Partially Shipped: Some of the items have shipped. If an item is on backorder, an amount will appear in the Qty Backordered column.
    Shipped: Our warehouse has shipped this item.

If you opted for a shipment, the status will not say "shipped" until it's been shipped. So "in-progress" is good, I hope haha.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebotlasss17 View Post
    I'm not an expert on this, but I really do not think when it says "back-ordered," that's a good thing. I mean, mine doesn't say that and it's been 2 days already. Although a person could have ordered their iPhone 4 really early, the systems were slow. I'm wondering if mine is eventually going to show "back-ordered," but I hope not.

Also, in my opinion when it says "in-progress," that's great. The other options are:

Status Explanations
    In Progress: Our warehouse is still processing this item for shipment.
    Canceled: This item has been canceled and will not be shipped.
    Partially Shipped: Some of the items have shipped. If an item is on backorder, an amount will appear in the Qty Backordered column.
    Shipped: Our warehouse has shipped this item.

If you opted for a shipment, the status will not say "shipped" until it's been shipped. So "in-progress" is good, I hope haha.
    Yes you can see it clear, (Partially shipped) means (backorder)and (backorder) means one of the items can not be shipped to you because they dont have it yet. Thats what you can see on the verification site legend. I think if everything is fine you are going to be in progress then shipped. If you see some posts in here, a lot of people are calling AT&T asking them for what backorder means, you can see that some of them says it suppose to be backordered then shipped or in progress then shipped, some of them says that theres nothing on the internet that says that they are backordered. I saw some people from ATT saying before the preorder begins, that their manager from ATT told them that they are not going to accept credit cards with visa or master card logo and they were wrong. For me apparently they dont have enough information, they are guessing or they dont know what they are doing. I bet you if you call them and ask them something they are going to tell you something and if you call in an hour again and talk with somebody different he gonna tell you something else different.
    Last edited by javiert30; 06-18-2010 at 08:03 AM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Yes you can see it clear, (Partially shipped) means (backorder)and (backorder) means one of the items can not be shipped to you because they dont have it yet. Thats what you can see on the verification site legend. I think if everything is fine you are going to be in progress then shipped.
    Exactly. I'm not sure why some people are thinking that if your items are on backorder, it's a good thing. I don't see how since it means "an order that cannot be currently filled or shipped, but is requested nonetheless for when the item becomes available again." But our status will continue to say "in-progress" until it is shipped. Once it is shipped, it will say "Shipped."
    I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

When u preorder through apple to have it picked up at their store they dont charge anything untill u come there on the date u recerved and then they will tell u " oops" we sold out. Nahh j/k they will have ur shiny new iphone that u been dreamming about.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imsorussian View Post
    When u preorder through apple to have it picked up at their store they dont charge anything untill u come there on the date u recerved and then they will tell u " oops" we sold out. Nahh j/k they will have ur shiny new iphone that u been dreamming about.
    The last time I saw that "oops" it was because I had one problem... I know all of us have seen that "oops" before

Another thing I ordered before an iPhone 3G from ATT and I was tracking my order and It never changed to backorder, it changed from in progress to shipped.
    Last edited by javiert30; 06-18-2010 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

i got 4 of these emails because i had more then one order actually go through. Just because you got one canceled doesn't mean you didn't sneak one in before the canceled orders. Most commonly you got it canceled because you already had one in the system at the discounted rate.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    just got my confirmation email from ATT!!!!! i hope i get it the 24th
    whats are the first 5 numbers of your order number?
    Last edited by cab; 06-18-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    just checked my bank account and at&t charged me for 4 iphones, i just preordered 1 on the 15th, wtf

If you're lucky they will ship you 4 phones and you can sell them for a profit.
    Otherwise you can sue them and make money - either way you are quids in
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What's the nuke u guys are calling to check WTF is goin on with ur orders? I still have no email and my order status says in progress.... I need to find out WTF is going on!

* number
    Last edited by dadon4sho; 06-18-2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by thisisasticup View Post
    XS6734

What do the first 5 mean?
    because it shows how low you are on the AT&T queue i ahve a 5205 start and some have lower etc.

And alot of people got multiple charges but they'll only allow one to go through and they'll cancel the rest. so don't worry about that!

The X at the beginning means it's been cancelled.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The X at the beginning means it's been cancelled.
    Where did you hear about this?

The X doesn't mean cancelled, he's busting balls or was misinformed

In my head, I thought you guys were wound up a lot so I'd turn the screw.
    Sorry, it was a joke.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (06-18-2010)

Thanks

For the people that bought their iPhone from ATT store, (not online) they are not on the obligation to send you a confirmation email. Your confirmation is your receipt. (read it) it says "confirmation summary" you are confirmed already.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalano View Post
    The X doesn't mean cancelled, he's busting balls or was misinformed
    oh, mine doesn't start with X anyway haha

i pre ordered 2 phones one 16 one 32 the next day they cancelled my order for the 16 gig my 32 still says processing. I called at+t they told me they were only allowing 1 per household BOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by cab View Post
    because it shows how low you are on the AT&T queue i ahve a 5205 start and some have lower etc.

And alot of people got multiple charges but they'll only allow one to go through and they'll cancel the rest. so don't worry about that!
    YES! Unless you're jerking chains around here this is awesome. Mine starts with 1012. That's good right?

I don't know if I put much stock in what the order numbers mean. I have my order from last year show up when I check my order status and it starts with '1' and has 11 total digits. Mine this year starts with '6' but only has 10 digits total.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast