+ Reply
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 400

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I placed my pre order on 3am on the 15th but my status is still showing "in progress". However I did receive an confirmation email from att this morning confirming
...
  1. #281
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    I placed my pre order on 3am on the 15th but my status is still showing "in progress". However I did receive an confirmation email from att this morning confirming that my pre order has been received.

  2. #282
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dearborn Heights, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Latino View Post
    I don't post much, I mostly just read. But I'd thought I'd chime in to help clear up some of the speculation going on in regards to orders placed with AT&T.

    I talked with a cool rep from AT&T yesterday about my order. I asked what the backordered qty column meant since my order shows this as of yesterday(it didn't on Tuesday) and he wasn't sure. He then proceeded to put me on hold and called the fulfillment center and he was told that ALL orders will end up showing as backordered once the orders are done processing and until they are physically shipped.

    That makes sense because I'm pretty sure they don't physically have the phones just yet,(and if they do, they are not shipping yet)so the status has to say backordered till they receive them and or physically ship them. All retailers work this way.

    So this is the conclusion I came to after talking to the rep and he agreed with my logic:

    If your order now shows as backordered, they have fully processed your order and they are now waiting for the phones to arrive and or ship to fulfill your order and change the status to 'shipped'. I came to this conclusion because my order did not reflect as backordered all day on the 15th, but did on the 16th. My order even says that it was last updated on the 16th.

    If your order still does NOT reflect backordered status, that means they have not got to your order yet to complete the process and change your order status to backordered. I came to this conclusion because people who got their order in on the 15th are reflecting backordered status while people who have an order date of the 16th, are not. They fully process the orders in the order they receive them. This logic also explains the second emails some have gotten saying their orders are still being processed and if they have any questions they will contact you.(I did not get this email)

    One last thing, the rep also was told by the fulfillment center that they were going to try their best to get the orders shipped in time for customers to receive on the 24th FWIW.
    That's the best answer I have heard so far. The rep I talked said that my order is processed and that it will ship on time even tho it showed up as back ordered.


    Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    Could be a new account that needed to go through credit check etc...



    if you ordered via a premier site, you need to use this link to check status as it will show backorder:

    Check Order Status
    Nah, I been with AT&T for a while, since 1st gen iPhone.

  3. #283
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 147 Times in 90 Posts

    Got off the phone a bit ago, after calling them again, and the CS rep said that her system showed that my preorder went through and was showing in process. There must be lingering problems with their systems and she said that my preorder would ship on the 24th, not arrive on the 24th. So I guess that's something. I'd rather it arrived like what was being said about the preorders, but at least mine went through fine. All I have to do now is wait for the jailbreak for the iPhone 4 because I'm sure there will be activation headaches. Got my Dad a 3GS for Father's Day I hope the jailbreak is out pretty quick because my Mom is getting the 32gb 3GS as soon as it is out. Hopefully the unlock is out very soon after iOS4 is released to the public.

  4. #284
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Latino View Post
    I don't post much, I mostly just read. But I'd thought I'd chime in to help clear up some of the speculation going on in regards to orders placed with AT&T.

    I talked with a cool rep from AT&T yesterday about my order. I asked what the backordered qty column meant since my order shows this as of yesterday(it didn't on Tuesday) and he wasn't sure. He then proceeded to put me on hold and called the fulfillment center and he was told that ALL orders will end up showing as backordered once the orders are done processing and until they are physically shipped.

    That makes sense because I'm pretty sure they don't physically have the phones just yet,(and if they do, they are not shipping yet)so the status has to say backordered till they receive them and or physically ship them. All retailers work this way.

    So this is the conclusion I came to after talking to the rep and he agreed with my logic:

    If your order now shows as backordered, they have fully processed your order and they are now waiting for the phones to arrive and or ship to fulfill your order and change the status to 'shipped'. I came to this conclusion because my order did not reflect as backordered all day on the 15th, but did on the 16th. My order even says that it was last updated on the 16th.

    If your order still does NOT reflect backordered status, that means they have not got to your order yet to complete the process and change your order status to backordered. I came to this conclusion because people who got their order in on the 15th are reflecting backordered status while people who have an order date of the 16th, are not. They fully process the orders in the order they receive them. This logic also explains the second emails some have gotten saying their orders are still being processed and if they have any questions they will contact you.(I did not get this email)

    One last thing, the rep also was told by the fulfillment center that they were going to try their best to get the orders shipped in time for customers to receive on the 24th FWIW.
    My order shows as the 15th and it doesn't show as backordered, so there goes your theory.

  5. #285
    Green Apple Latino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Killa Cali
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by zetaprime View Post
    My order shows as the 15th and it doesn't show as backordered, so there goes your theory.
    Not necessarily. It's always possible that they have not fully processed your order yet, even though you ordered on the 15th. All depends on where your order is in the 600,000 preorder line.

  6. #286
    iPhoneaholic jdm.accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 57 Times in 46 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Latino View Post
    Not necessarily. It's always possible that they have not fully processed your order yet, even though you ordered on the 15th. All depends on where your order is in the 600,000 preorder line.
    While I think your theory may be pretty solid, I'm not sure that its correct. I ordered at 6am EST and have gotten confirmation emails, yet mine doesn't say backordered.

    If your theory was correct, it would seem odd that AT&T has processed countless other people who ordered well after me but not mine (and multiple other people on this site who ordered early). AT&T has clearly stated many times that they fill requests in the order they were received.

    Not saying you're wrong, just seems odd if that were really the case.

  7. #287
    iPhoneaholic BoostedEvoIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    i ordered mine on the 15th before the cutoff and mine says process date of 6/16. They were so backed up that orders were put on a queue

  8. #288
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,214
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 114 Times in 87 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Daps View Post
    What you probably saw earlier was a auth hold. They checked to make sure you had the funds in your account, held it for a day or so. Other places do that but the hold falls over rather quickly(mins/hours) or all you see if $1.

    If the transaction had debit or a debit code then they did take the money. If it only stayed at pending they never took the money and put it in their account, it was an auth and hold for that amount. It will go against your available funds and as far as the banks G/L is concerned those funds aren't available to you at the moment.

    You should be able to check your transactions memo. If you have a debit for the amount and then a credit back for that amount then they did take funds and returned them.

    If you don't then all you saw was a hold that was pending, it fell off. Apple will recharge you for the phone when it ships and that one may show pending for a little while depending on your bank and then move to debit.

    Yep, it happens to my with when I bought my iPad, they holded my payment then when it was shipped they took out the money.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  9. #289
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Still no email... When I check my order all I get is "in preogress"

  10. #290
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Latino View Post
    I don't post much, I mostly just read. But I'd thought I'd chime in to help clear up some of the speculation going on in regards to orders placed with AT&T.

    I talked with a cool rep from AT&T yesterday about my order. I asked what the backordered qty column meant since my order shows this as of yesterday(it didn't on Tuesday) and he wasn't sure. He then proceeded to put me on hold and called the fulfillment center and he was told that ALL orders will end up showing as backordered once the orders are done processing and until they are physically shipped.

    That makes sense because I'm pretty sure they don't physically have the phones just yet,(and if they do, they are not shipping yet)so the status has to say backordered till they receive them and or physically ship them. All retailers work this way.

    So this is the conclusion I came to after talking to the rep and he agreed with my logic:

    If your order now shows as backordered, they have fully processed your order and they are now waiting for the phones to arrive and or ship to fulfill your order and change the status to 'shipped'. I came to this conclusion because my order did not reflect as backordered all day on the 15th, but did on the 16th. My order even says that it was last updated on the 16th.

    If your order still does NOT reflect backordered status, that means they have not got to your order yet to complete the process and change your order status to backordered. I came to this conclusion because people who got their order in on the 15th are reflecting backordered status while people who have an order date of the 16th, are not. They fully process the orders in the order they receive them. This logic also explains the second emails some have gotten saying their orders are still being processed and if they have any questions they will contact you.(I did not get this email)

    One last thing, the rep also was told by the fulfillment center that they were going to try their best to get the orders shipped in time for customers to receive on the 24th FWIW.
    I have to agree. I ordered mine 6:30am central time and received a confirmation email. i had checked my status on the 15th and didn't notice any back-order. on the 16th the status did note a back order so i called AT&T and two reps said that it is "back-ordered" because the phone is not actually available until the 24th and I should expect my phone at my residence that day. I did order from the premier site if that matters.

  11. #291
    iPhoneaholic whodatfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 279 Times in 103 Posts

    I ordered mine 6:30am central time and received a confirmation email. i had checked my status on the 15th and didn't notice any back-order. on the 16th the status did note a back order so i called AT&T and two reps said that it is "back-ordered" because the phone is not actually available until the 24th and I should expect my phone at my residence that day. I did order from the premier site if that matters.
    This. I too ordered at exactly 6:30 CST on the 15th and My order has been showing "processing". I too ordered from the premier site. Just saw the link to check the other site and it indeed shows backordered for both my 16g and 32g.

    Oh, by the way, why did my order go through premier site? Is it because we get a corporate discount through my wifes employer? I would imagine that's why.

  12. #292
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,214
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 114 Times in 87 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    i got 4 confirmation emails so far.. lol i only ordered one phone?
    Maybe you got my confirmation email there...
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  13. #293
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nawlins
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Yes WhoDat anyone with a FAN#(corp Disc) orders thru premier Go Saints! SB rings look awesome!
    Always remember that you are unique....just like everyone else.

  14. #294
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    853
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 51 Times in 47 Posts

    i ordered from the Apple Store app (pre-ordered) and that i can pick it up at my local store on the 24gh. yesterday i got an email saying that i can track my order here:

    www.wireless.att.com/order_status

    i checked it yesterday and today, its still showing "In Progess". but my other friends who ordered online directly from ATT, there's is showing "Back Ordered"

    i wonder if there is a correlation betwen pick up at store vs shipped to home address. seems like the folks who opted for store pick still shows "In Progress". but the folks who expect shome shipment are showing "Back ordered" perhaps its showing back ordered because it has not shipped yet from the warehouse??

  15. #295
    iPhoneaholic BoostedEvoIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dadon4sho View Post
    Still no email... When I check my order all I get is "in preogress"
    same here

  16. #296
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    does apple ship something separately for apple care? thats the only other thing i ordered beside the phone.


  17. #297
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,214
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 114 Times in 87 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    i ordered from the Apple Store app (pre-ordered) and that i can pick it up at my local store on the 24gh. yesterday i got an email saying that i can track my order here:

    www.wireless.att.com/order_status

    i checked it yesterday and today, its still showing "In Progess". but my other friends who ordered online directly from ATT, there's is showing "Back Ordered"

    i wonder if there is a correlation betwen pick up at store vs shipped to home address. seems like the folks who opted for store pick still shows "In Progress". but the folks who expect shome shipment are showing "Back ordered" perhaps its showing back ordered because it has not shipped yet from the warehouse??
    Mine is comming to my home and it still showing in progress, pre-ordered on 15th at 2PM on ATT store
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  18. #298
    iPhoneaholic whodatfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 279 Times in 103 Posts

    Yes WhoDat anyone with a FAN#(corp Disc) orders thru premier Go Saints! SB rings look awesome!

  19. #299
    Green Apple ErikiPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Guess they simply didn't expect to have THAT much pre-orders at a time (though should've I believe). It looks like such fuss every time they release something. Queues, pre-orders, panic and the rest You are being treated like you are buying limited edition product- but you are not- why bother?! Do you REALLY think that Steve will give up on his sales and stop production of iPhone just for the sake of some people thinking they own something unique?!)

  20. #300
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,214
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 114 Times in 87 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Yes WhoDat anyone with a FAN#(corp Disc) orders thru premier Go Saints! SB rings look awesome!
    Yes im from New Orleans and I got a corp discount 28%
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts