Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders

Quote Originally Posted by orgy9111 View Post
    ..and this is why i'm still sticking to t-mobile, hehe
    good luck with tmobile and their awesome phones

Green Apple
    Dearborn Heights, Michigan, United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smittyjf View Post
    Ordered at 4am Tuesday through att's website (3 upgrades and 1 new line no problems). Got conformation emails right away about delivery the 24th and they show up in Premier as "Processing", but if you go through Att and do it through the phone number it shows as "backordered" but "in Process".

This better be a glitch that just shows backorder untill it actually ships or I'm gonna be pissed.

Smitty
    I'm in the same situation, but when I called AT&T premier to check order status it said that my order has been processed, and it will ship soon. I couldn't get customer service representative on the phone, just an automated recording.

I did get an order number, just edited the pic... don't really wanna share my order number with you guys

A bunch of people seem to be getting these email confirmations from AT&T with a purchase date that's later than the actual purchase date. Does anybody know if we're getting first shipment iPhones or is it possible these preorders are for the July shipment??

And I just saw TranceField's post with the screenshot. His says 1 under quantity back-ordered, mine says 0. What does everybody else's say?
    Last edited by xbryanthomasx; 06-17-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I sure hope that it's a glitch

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xbryanthomasx View Post
    A bunch of people seem to be getting these email confirmations from AT&T with a purchase date that's later than the actual purchase date. Does anybody know if we're getting first shipment iPhones or is it possible these preorders are for the July shipment??

And I just saw TranceField's post with the screenshot. His says 1 under quantity back-ordered, mine says 0. What does everybody else's say?
    1 quantity backordered probably means july shipment. 0 backordered is good. Expect june24-28th shipment
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    1 quantity backordered probably means july shipment. 0 backordered is good. Expect june24-28th shipment
    LoL.... that would be some serious BS... since I placed my order at 7 am, and got an email from them at 7:21 am with my order number on June 15...

but oh well, I guess I have to wait and see what happens on the 24th...

This. If it says back-ordered, I can't imagine that's good for your chances of a June delivery.

Thanks

Wow you ordered 7am on the 15th and you got backordered quantities? I ordered at 3pm and i've got nothing on backorder. You might wanna call up AT&T. It's either a glitch or you're getting the screw
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by TranceField View Post
    LoL.... that would be some serious BS... since I placed my order at 7 am, and got an email from them at 7:21 am with my order number on June 15...

but oh well, I guess I have to wait and see what happens on the 24th...
    That would be BS because I ordered mine about 9 hours after you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i got 4 confirmation emails so far.. lol i only ordered one phone?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Wow you ordered 7am on the 15th and you got backordered quantities? I ordered at 3pm and i've got nothing on backorder. You might wanna call up AT&T. It's either a glitch or you're getting the screw
    I finally got through to a live representative, he told me that there is nothing showing on his system that would indicate that my new iPhone is on back order. He said that it should be shipped on the 24th... so it looks like my order status page has a glitch or something.

I can't imagine all 3 this way especially since it was 4am EST (1 hour after going live) I placed them. It has to be a process of showing up that way before it actually ships, Well it better be I should say.

Smitty

Thanks

I don't post much, I mostly just read. But I'd thought I'd chime in to help clear up some of the speculation going on in regards to orders placed with AT&T.

I talked with a cool rep from AT&T yesterday about my order. I asked what the backordered qty column meant since my order shows this as of yesterday(it didn't on Tuesday) and he wasn't sure. He then proceeded to put me on hold and called the fulfillment center and he was told that ALL orders will end up showing as backordered once the orders are done processing and until they are physically shipped.

That makes sense because I'm pretty sure they don't physically have the phones just yet,(and if they do, they are not shipping yet)so the status has to say backordered till they receive them and or physically ship them. All retailers work this way.

So this is the conclusion I came to after talking to the rep and he agreed with my logic:

If your order now shows as backordered, they have fully processed your order and they are now waiting for the phones to arrive and or ship to fulfill your order and change the status to 'shipped'. I came to this conclusion because my order did not reflect as backordered all day on the 15th, but did on the 16th. My order even says that it was last updated on the 16th.

If your order still does NOT reflect backordered status, that means they have not got to your order yet to complete the process and change your order status to backordered. I came to this conclusion because people who got their order in on the 15th are reflecting backordered status while people who have an order date of the 16th, are not. They fully process the orders in the order they receive them. This logic also explains the second emails some have gotten saying their orders are still being processed and if they have any questions they will contact you.(I did not get this email)

One last thing, the rep also was told by the fulfillment center that they were going to try their best to get the orders shipped in time for customers to receive on the 24th FWIW.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Latino For This Useful Post:

TranceField (06-17-2010)

Could be a new account that needed to go through credit check etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Latino View Post
    I don't post much, I mostly just read. But I'd thought I'd chime in to help clear up some of the speculation going on in regards to orders placed with AT&T.

I talked with a cool rep from AT&T yesterday about my order. I asked what the backordered qty column meant since my order shows this as of yesterday(it didn't on Tuesday) and he wasn't sure. He then proceeded to put me on hold and called the fulfillment center and he was told that ALL orders will end up showing as backordered once the orders are done processing and until they are physically shipped.

That makes sense because I'm pretty sure they don't physically have the phones just yet,(and if they do, they are not shipping yet)so the status has to say backordered till they receive them and or physically ship them. All retailers work this way.

So this is the conclusion I came to after talking to the rep and he agreed with my logic:

If your order now shows as backordered, they have fully processed your order and they are now waiting for the phones to arrive and or ship to fulfill your order and change the status to 'shipped'. I came to this conclusion because my order did not reflect as backordered all day on the 15th, but did on the 16th. My order even says that it was last updated on the 16th.

If your order still does NOT reflect backordered status, that means they have not got to your order yet to complete the process and change your order status to backordered. I came to this conclusion because people who got their order in on the 15th are reflecting backordered status while people who have an order date of the 16th, are not. They fully process the orders in the order they receive them. This logic also explains the second emails some have gotten saying their orders are still being processed and if they have any questions they will contact you.(I did not get this email)

One last thing, the rep also was told by the fulfillment center that they were going to try their best to get the orders shipped in time for customers to receive on the 24th FWIW.
    if you ordered via a premier site, you need to use this link to check status as it will show backorder:

Check Order Status
    Last edited by ZipZapp; 06-17-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by TranceField View Post
    That's because ur checking order status from the email they have sent you, try this instead https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/#
    I checked that as well and it gives me an error stating that information doesn't exist. WTF?

For those of whose orders got canceled, can you guys state the time/date that you placed your preorder at?

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post

if you ordered via a premier site, you need to use this link to check status as it will show backorder:

Check Order Status
    Tried that and this is what comes up. And I called support and their automated 'we're sorry but we've failed to conduct our business in a manner befitting a multibillion dollar company and please call later when we've pulled our head out of our asses'. And then it hung up. First time I've had CS redirect me to an automated message that hangs up on you. Great way to treat customers huh?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2010-06-17-5.10.18-pm.png  

I placed my pre order on 3am on the 15th but my status is still showing "in progress". However I did receive an confirmation email from att this morning confirming that my pre order has been received.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Latino View Post

That's the best answer I have heard so far. The rep I talked said that my order is processed and that it will ship on time even tho it showed up as back ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post

Check Order Status
    Nah, I been with AT&T for a while, since 1st gen iPhone.

Got off the phone a bit ago, after calling them again, and the CS rep said that her system showed that my preorder went through and was showing in process. There must be lingering problems with their systems and she said that my preorder would ship on the 24th, not arrive on the 24th. So I guess that's something. I'd rather it arrived like what was being said about the preorders, but at least mine went through fine. All I have to do now is wait for the jailbreak for the iPhone 4 because I'm sure there will be activation headaches. Got my Dad a 3GS for Father's Day I hope the jailbreak is out pretty quick because my Mom is getting the 32gb 3GS as soon as it is out. Hopefully the unlock is out very soon after iOS4 is released to the public.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast