+ Reply
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I am noticing on alot of your screen shots of your pre orders there is an item called various sim. I do not have this just the phone and freight.
    Thanks

I am noticing on alot of your screen shots of your pre orders there is an item called various sim. I do not have this just the phone and freight. I ordered my phone in an AT&T store (worst 2 hours ever) and I am having it shipped to my house. Anyone else only have the phone and freight in their order status??

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtbeavin View Post
    I am noticing on alot of your screen shots of your pre orders there is an item called various sim. I do not have this just the phone and freight. I ordered my phone in an AT&T store (worst 2 hours ever) and I am having it shipped to my house. Anyone else only have the phone and freight in their order status??
    Yes me. Are you a current customer, or are you switching?
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhone? More like MyPhone rawhog's Avatar
    Thanks

I got on chat with Best Buy yesterday. They said that if you got your in store preorder in on the 15th before they stopped taking preorders, you are definitely going to get your phone on the 24th. They will call a couple of days ahead of time to schedule an appointment to come in and pick it up. No lines required. Oh, except for the 2 guys in front of me when I went in at 10AM. With all of the other options, I don't know why anyone would go the AT&T or Apple store route. Have they not learned from the last phone launches?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Right, but I'm not a current AT&T customer...you'd think they would mail me a new microSIM since I have to activate on the 24th...
    You would think so. Maybe it was just left off the list but will be there anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Even if you don't get a sim in the phone (unlikely) you'll be able to go to an AT&T store and they can give you one.

Just got off the phone with an AT&T rep...he said that they have plenty of phones...as long as you ordered before they suspended pre-orders. We'll get our phones on the 24th. No resason to worry until you don't get a shipment tracking number. Then we can panic!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog5142 View Post
    Even if you don't get a sim in the phone (unlikely) you'll be able to go to an AT&T store and they can give you one.

Just got off the phone with an AT&T rep...he said that they have plenty of phones...as long as you ordered before they suspended pre-orders. We'll get our phones on the 24th. No resason to worry until you don't get a shipment tracking number. Then we can panic!
    i was told the opposite. i was told even people that preordered before the cut off or before 4PM ET werent even guaranteed one on the 24th

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog5142 View Post

yea I know...I just didn't have to worry about going to the AT&T store on the 24th after I got my iPhone in the mail. Madness is a small word to describe the state in which they will be. I'd probably get stabbed if I try to skip the line just to get a SIM card. But hopefully they just forgot to add the "VARIOUS SIM" line and it comes in the box.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Nobody is guaranteed to get their iPhone on the 24th. **** happens

Thanks

Adp I am a current customer. I just don't want to be within miles of an AT&T store for a few weeks. I have always got a new sim with a phone. Just curious if anyone else was seeing what I was seeing.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I did mine in the ATT store in about 20 min of walking in on Tue about noon.It wasn't crazy in there at all.I paid CC and got my receipt.It has iphone,sim and freight on it.$211 total.

I guess I still have to go into the store for them to change the sim as this was an upgrade on my 2nd line which is non-iphone.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtbeavin View Post
    Adp I am a current customer. I just don't want to be within miles of an AT&T store for a few weeks. I have always got a new sim with a phone. Just curious if anyone else was seeing what I was seeing.
    Yea I'm seeing the same thing. But apparently the phone *should* come with a MicroSIM.

Thanks

Finally got my confirmation email this morning thru AT&T. Dunno what took so long but glad I got it. My heart stopped briefly when I saw an email from AT&T :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ordered mine on the 15th at 10:00am. Got a confirmation on the 16th at 8:31pm. No cancellation notice yet...

Why the hell is everyone trying to burn AT&T at the stake! $#!% happens and plus 600,000 iphones in one day all having to verify account info with one site... come on, you know that will trash any system!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I got mine ordered on AT&Ts website on the 15th at about 8:30. Got my confirmation email with activation instructions and it said they would start filling preorders on the 24th. However, my order status page looks nothing like anybodys here. There is no spreadsheet looking status page, just a picture of the phone, the phone and plan details and this on the page:

New Service
    iPhone 4 - 32GB BlackNation 450 w/Rollover $39.99
    Name:
    Last Updated: Jun 16, 2010
    Shipping Carrier: Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx.

I didn't sign up for new service, I chose replace my current phone. Anyone else getting this?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rawhog View Post
    I got on chat with Best Buy yesterday. They said that if you got your in store preorder in on the 15th before they stopped taking preorders, you are definitely going to get your phone on the 24th. They will call a couple of days ahead of time to schedule an appointment to come in and pick it up. No lines required. Oh, except for the 2 guys in front of me when I went in at 10AM. With all of the other options, I don't know why anyone would go the AT&T or Apple store route. Have they not learned from the last phone launches?
    Congrats, you got in early on the Best Buy pre-order, however...
    Good luck with that

If I pre-ordered the iPhone 4 at Best Buy®, will I get it on launch day, June 24th, 2010?
    This is not guaranteed and is completely dependent on how many the store receives from Apple. Any inventory received will be used to fulfill outstanding pre-orders in the order they were placed. For example, if the store has twenty pre-orders on launch day but only received fifteen phones from Apple, then the first fifteen pre-orders should receive their phone on launch day.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Green Apple
    Dearborn Heights, Michigan, United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I got mine ordered on AT&Ts website on the 15th at about 8:30. Got my confirmation email with activation instructions and it said they would start filling preorders on the 24th. However, my order status page looks nothing like anybodys here. There is no spreadsheet looking status page, just a picture of the phone, the phone and plan details and this on the page:

New Service
    Name:
    Shipping Carrier: Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx.

I didn't sign up for new service, I chose replace my current phone. Anyone else getting this?

That's because ur checking order status from the email they have sent you, try this instead https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/#
    Last edited by TranceField; 06-17-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Fat Fingers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post

New Service
    Name:

thats what i get too...when you go to the other status page, does anything come up?

Thanks

This sucks but I'll just wait till it cools down and we all know activation day will crash like always..I'm good with my 3GS for another month..I hope white iPhone comes soon and not later this summer :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thx for clarifying that

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Was 5th in-line at my best but!! Woot woot!!