+ Reply
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by partycove Has any one check there bank. I did the day I order on the 15th and they took the money out. I check today an they
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by partycove View Post
    Has any one check there bank. I did the day I order on the 15th and they took the money out. I check today an they put the money back into my acct.... Weird.
    What you probably saw earlier was a auth hold. They checked to make sure you had the funds in your account, held it for a day or so. Other places do that but the hold falls over rather quickly(mins/hours) or all you see if $1.

If the transaction had debit or a debit code then they did take the money. If it only stayed at pending they never took the money and put it in their account, it was an auth and hold for that amount. It will go against your available funds and as far as the banks G/L is concerned those funds aren't available to you at the moment.

You should be able to check your transactions memo. If you have a debit for the amount and then a credit back for that amount then they did take funds and returned them.

If you don't then all you saw was a hold that was pending, it fell off. Apple will recharge you for the phone when it ships and that one may show pending for a little while depending on your bank and then move to debit.

adp
    Thanks

I'm looking at all the Order Status screens for everyone and they all have a 3rd line "VARIOUS SIM" - I don't have this (only phone/freight). I will become a new AT&T customer from T-mo upon activation. Is this the reason why I don't have that line? I hope they didn't forget about including a SIM card...
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Green Apple
    Thanks

this is such crap... I preordered at Best Buy and they said they guaranteed that I would get my phone on the 24th... bunch of liars..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hi i got my email yesturday that my order has been processed. I order my iphone on june 15 at 6:16pm eastern time and when i check my order status it says i ordered on 6/16/2010 when i ordered on 6/15 whats the deal ????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    hi i got my email yesturday that my order has been processed. I order my iphone on june 15 at 6:16pm eastern time and when i check my order status it says i ordered on 6/16/2010 when i ordered on 6/15 whats the deal ????
    A lot of people have that. The server bugged out multiple times throughout the day and they had to hand feed in orders the next day. I don't know if they're recognizing the actual times these people submitted their order.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    the server is overloaded on the 15th so some of the orders didn't go through until the next day

Thanks

I think apple was trying to alleviate some of the pressure on launch day by not releasing the white yet but it really hasn't done a whole lot to quell the hype. They always have sooooo much trouble preparing!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Apple didn't have any issues... It was all ATT servers that caused the mess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

I placed my order on apple and it gave me no choice and said it had to ship to the billing address. Well that would make my life a living hell so the next day I logged onto apple and it gave me the option to edit shipping address, do you think this will cause an issue?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Get ready for ups/fedex meltdown

adp
    Thanks

What's this "VARIOUS SIM" line in everyone's Confirmation? I only have the phone and freight

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PristineAura View Post
    I got this today, so I'm guessing I'm fine? Or did everyone get this, and then get a cancel email?

Censored,
    Order Number: Censored
    CTN: Censored

Thank you for your order. Your iPhone4 pre-order has been received and is being processed
    in the order it was received. You do not need to take any action. You will receive an email from
    us if we need any additional information.

You can track your order online by entering your order number at www.wireless.att.com/order_status
    or by calling our automated system at 877-782-8870 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************877-782-8870******end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

Please note: Your order status may not be available if your order was placed within the past 24 hours.

Thank you,
    AT&T

You have received this service message because you are a valued AT&T customer. Replies to this email
    are not received by a live person.
    You can read our Privacy Policy for more information about how we use information.

I got this 1 day after the confirmation email..
    That's exactly the email I got. Except you seem to have gotten another one even earlier, which I did not.

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    What's this "VARIOUS SIM" line in everyone's Confirmation? I only have the phone and freight
    That's probably the new micro-sim that's needed for the iPhone 4. The older ones won't fit in there.
    Last edited by zetaprime; 06-17-2010 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    when/how did you order them?
    I ordered them on the AT&T site when I finally got it to complete the order. I got the cancellation notice for both of them about 4 hours later.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yo I got the exact same screen, I called ATT yesterday and they verified that my order was legit, you are good to go brotha,I pop my collar 1 time

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

UPS/Fedex probably handles 10x the load on Christmas season than however many iPhones they'll move next week. Deliveries won't be the issue.

It's the retarded amount of demand this phone has. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if you won't be able to buy one without a reservation until August.

Thanks

..and this is why i'm still sticking to t-mobile, hehe

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm sure the online meltdown isn't over. The one's that pre-ordered from Best Buy, Radio Shack probably have a way better chance of getting their phone on time. Who know's how long it will take for att and apple to straighten everything on their backend out. I guess it's a good time to learn patience.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Get ready for ups/fedex meltdown
    that's assuming they actually ship them...

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zetaprime View Post
    That's probably the new micro-sim that's needed for the iPhone 4. The older ones won't fit in there.
    Right, but I'm not a current AT&T customer...you'd think they would mail me a new microSIM since I have to activate on the 24th...

Thanks

i too have recieved my e-mail verification that my order went through ! cheers ! and now the waiting and anxiousness awaits ! i think i will sit in front of my home with a lawn chair, six pack of brewskies and soak my feet in a kiddie pool while i wait on thurseday (even if i have to wait 10 hours for fed ex to arrive)