+ Reply
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 400

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AT&T Now CANCELING Confirmed Pre-Orders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I got that message when I tried to buy another iPhone 4 through the web site because I received nothing after the first went through. The order status finally updated
...
  1. #181
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    376
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts

    I got that message when I tried to buy another iPhone 4 through the web site because I received nothing after the first went through.

    The order status finally updated this AM with the iPhone as In Progress though.

  2. #182
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    i could not pre order my iphone 4 yesterday and im looking at apple's site and the delivery date is july 14...i sold my 3gs a week ago and ive been using the sim card on another phone. my only hope is to wake up early on the 24 an get it then.otherwise ill be stuck with a crappy at&t phone for another month. when do you guys think that the white version will be available for pre-order/reserve/on stores?

  3. #183
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,194
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 112 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mvppadilla View Post
    i could not pre order my iphone 4 yesterday and im looking at apple's site and the delivery date is july 14...i sold my 3gs a week ago and ive been using the sim card on another phone. my only hope is to wake up early on the 24 an get it then.otherwise ill be stuck with a crappy at&t phone for another month. when do you guys think that the white version will be available for pre-order/reserve/on stores?
    Im worst than you, I sold mine on ebay like 3 days ago and I have my SIM card on one draw.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  4. #184
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Im worst than you, I sold mine on ebay like 3 days ago and I have my SIM card on one draw.
    but i only got 300 for my 3gs and i dont apply for the early upgrade so i have to pay the 399
    i just dont want to wait to buy a black iphone 4 and then what if the white one is available days later

  5. #185
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,194
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 112 Times in 85 Posts

    Another thing, ATT was using before FedEx to send their iPhones, they told me yesterday this time they are going to send it to us by UPS, so be downloading UPS app, so you can track your order thru your old iPhone.
    Last edited by javiert30; 06-16-2010 at 10:10 PM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  6. #186
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    My solution: The e-ticket.

    Let's say (random number) There's 1 million pre-orders to go around.

    Apple: 250,000
    Radio Shack: 250,000
    Best Buy: 250,000
    AT&T.com: 250,000


    Everyone starts flooding the sites. Should all be no different than getting a download ticket when you're on certain big file host sites.


    In normal operation, everyone goes swell. Now when the bombarding starts, you get the "can't process immediately, but here is your e-ticket" which represents a place in "line," if you will. It counts down just like a file host site and when it gets to 0, you get the link to continue. Just like the file host sites, if you take too long to click (which would be at the distributor's discretion), you'd have to click again, in which place your e-ticket clock would start over, most likely with a longer wait time. This way site traffic is SOMEWHAT regulated, and everyone who DOES end up with a order, goes in the order they were able to log on and get it going. Once the distributor runs out of inventory, POOF, up comes the pwn message, whether it's "sorry no more preorders" or "sorry all orders now ship July 2nd" etc etc.


    I'm no webmaster....just my 2cents :/

    Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Another thing, ATT was using before FedEx to send their iPhones, they told me yesterday this time they are going to send it to us by UPS, so be downloading UPS app, so you can track your order thru your old iPhone.
    FedEx was the only reason they COULD guarantee delivery before....UPS is horrible. I'd be not a bit surprised if the masses got their phones on all types of screwed up dates. I've actually paid $45 for overnight shipping before with UPS and didn't get my package til almost 2 weeks later. THEN they wouldn't refund the $45.
    Last edited by 2Jaze; 06-16-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #187
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,194
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 112 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    My solution: The e-ticket.

    Let's say (random number) There's 1 million pre-orders to go around.

    Apple: 250,000
    Radio Shack: 250,000
    Best Buy: 250,000
    AT&T.com: 250,000


    Everyone starts flooding the sites. Should all be no different than getting a download ticket when you're on certain big file host sites.


    In normal operation, everyone goes swell. Now when the bombarding starts, you get the "can't process immediately, but here is your e-ticket" which represents a place in "line," if you will. It counts down just like a file host site and when it gets to 0, you get the link to continue. Just like the file host sites, if you take too long to click (which would be at the distributor's discretion), you'd have to click again, in which place your e-ticket clock would start over, most likely with a longer wait time. This way site traffic is SOMEWHAT regulated, and everyone who DOES end up with a order, goes in the order they were able to log on and get it going. Once the distributor runs out of inventory, POOF, up comes the pwn message, whether it's "sorry no more preorders" or "sorry all orders now ship July 2nd" etc etc.


    I'm no webmaster....just my 2cents :/



    FedEx was the only reason they COULD guarantee delivery before....UPS is horrible. I'd be not a bit surprised if the masses got their phones on all types of screwed up dates. I've actually paid $45 for overnight shipping before with UPS and didn't get my package til almost 2 weeks later. THEN they wouldn't refund the $45.
    Sounds great, but too late
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  8. #188
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iTouchNinjaz View Post
    Apple should just sign the iPhone to Verizon and Sprint so they stop losing customers that are going to switch to tje Evo.
    Apple will not loose any customers as long as Apple always comes up with a new/revised iPhone every year. Mark my word.

  9. #189
    iPhoneaholic XFaega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SomeWhereHere
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts

    Odd thing just happened. I went to apple site just for kicks and did a pre order on their site and all my stuff went through even though I already bought the i4 yesterday and a confirmation of order been processed. But the really odd thing is I got charged the same amount $299 + sales tax for the i4 32GB like when I went into the AT&T store yesterday to order. Will lets see what happens. The reason I did this is to see if they had a system in place to know who has already ordered. As of now I might be getting two i4 on one account at the same price. I'll keep you all posted.

  10. #190
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I reserved mine thu apple store app @ 1 PM CST yesterday.. got confirmation e-mail(without any mention of price) in 10 minutes from apple that my phone will be there at Apple store on 24th... But it did not ask for or charge my cc which was already set up...
    Still had my doubts so went to apple store and talked to one guy.. he said as long I show up on 24th... I should get my phone.
    When I asked him if there are going to be 2 separate lines for reserved and walk-in.. he said that he doesn't have any information on that...
    Anyway, I am going to show up at apple store at 5 AM on 24th...and make sure I get hands on the shiny iphone 4...

    P.S. If you did not pre-order or got your cancellation e-mail... still try to show up at Apple or AT&T store on 24th...sorry to say this but there are lot of new customers who don't qualify and you may end up getting one... thats how I got my 3G... some 3 or 4 persons in front of me did not qualify and I ended up getting one...

  11. #191
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    Odd thing just happened. I went to apple site just for kicks and did a pre order on their site and all my stuff went through even though I already bought the i4 yesterday and a confirmation of order been processed. But the really odd thing is I got charged the same amount $299 + sales tax for the i4 32GB like when I went into the AT&T store yesterday to order. Will lets see what happens. The reason I did this is to see if they had a system in place to know who has already ordered. As of now I might be getting two i4 on one account at the same price. I'll keep you all posted.
    I did the same thing last year. Your upgrade eligibility doesn't go away until a phone is activated on your line. Since they are shipping them, they will not see that you already ordered one. You could also pick up a third phone at best buy on the morning of the 24th.

  12. #192
    iPhoneaholic BoostedEvoIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    i looked at my eligibility on ATT right now and it has already been moved up to 2/14/2012 even thou i havent even activated the new phone

  13. #193
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,194
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 112 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    i looked at my eligibility on ATT right now and it has already been moved up to 2/14/2012 even thou i havent even activated the new phone
    Mine still with the same date...
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  14. #194
    iPhoneaholic BoostedEvoIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Mine still with the same date...
    lucky, try to get more phones cheaper and sell them on ebay or craigslist for more cash Mine has already been updated

  15. #195
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,194
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 112 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    lucky, try to get more phones cheaper and sell them on ebay or craigslist for more cash Mine has already been updated
    hmmmm, good idea
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  16. #196
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I did the same thing last year. Your upgrade eligibility doesn't go away until a phone is activated on your line. Since they are shipping them, they will not see that you already ordered one. You could also pick up a third phone at best buy on the morning of the 24th.
    So basically I can go early to Best buy on the 24th and buy an iPhone for early upgrade (my eligibility is on 6/19/2011) and get that even though I already ordered one from Apple? I see a nice business opportunity here if thats possible,

  17. #197
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,194
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 112 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    So basically I can go early to Best buy on the 24th and buy an iPhone for early upgrade (my eligibility is on 6/19/2011) and get that even though I already ordered one from Apple? I see a nice business opportunity here if thats possible,

    You just need the money to start, wich I dont have right now
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  18. #198
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    You just need the money to start, wich I dont have right now
    I just have one last q, if I do buy two on one line, not activate the second one, will my contract extend another two years still? Or will it just extend for the one I activate? I mean I can easily sell the phone packaged on ebay or craigslist for like $800 and show up at best buy at 3am lol I might do this

  19. #199
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    i looked at my eligibility on ATT right now and it has already been moved up to 2/14/2012 even thou i havent even activated the new phone
    I just checked my eligibility and mine has also been moved to 2011. They must be just catching up after this **** storm.

  20. #200
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    All I can say is last year I ordered a phone from apple and AT&T for the same line. I got both for 299 (32gb). I then ordered a third one on my second line.

    This year I reserved two phones at best buy and two phones at the apple store for two lines. I only plan on purchasing two phones but I wanted to have a backup plan.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts