Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T - iPhone 4 Shipping in "2-3 Weeks"

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default AT&T - iPhone 4 Shipping in "2-3 Weeks"

Following up on yesterday seeing Apple change delivery dates on the pre-orders to July 2 (from June 24 - hope you were able to get through!), AT&T is now showing only that the devices are on backorder, and will deliver in "2-3 weeks."

UPDATE 9:50: I should specify, this is for orders GOING FORWARD. The pre-orders for the 24th delivery will still be on the schedule they outlined yesterday (which is the 24th mostly, with some people who ordered later in the day possibly not getting the phone til the 25th).

UPDATE 2 9:59 AM - This may not be accurate. Says one AT&T employee:

...that 2 - 3 weeks shipping message was being displayed yesterday during preorder 1 as well, it is just the way AT&T's system work[s], since technically they never had iPhone 4's in stock. They outline this message in their internal employee documents explaining it. This is not because they ran out of iPhone 4 pre orders, customers should still expect at this point to receive their phones from June 25th - July 2nd.
    We mentioned yesterday AT&T had said "As of Tuesday afternoon, customers who preorder iPhone 4 moving forward will receive their device on June 25 or later, depending on when the order is placed." Looks like those orders are going to be more towards Apple's July 2nd date (which makes sense - that's most likely when the next shipment of devices will be coming from the factory) now.

As a side note - remember this?
    possible famous last words: "meh, I'll pre order it tomorrow. they won't sell out in one day of pre orders."
    Good thing I decided to keep pressing yesterday and got a few. Bring on the iPhone 4.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Sucks for anyone who listened to that quote

Ordered at 7:30 est last night from Apple and got a confirmation email at 10 est saying I will get it on the 24th delivered to my house.

july it is!!!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am just laughing at those who said "this will not sell out". This is literally the best iPhone since its inception. I knew this would happen. Good thing I have mine reserved and waiting for me at the local Apple store!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone broncosi's Avatar
    Thanks

So say we didn't pre order because we doubted ourselves in wanting a black and really wanted to wait it out for the white. And now want the black. Is there anything stopping me from going and waiting in line on the 24th?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broncosi View Post
    So say we didn't pre order because we doubted ourselves in wanting a black and really wanted to wait it out for the white. And now want the black. Is there anything stopping me from going and waiting in line on the 24th?
    Massive crowds, that's about it.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i ordered through at&t at 6:15am the 15th went straight through....Now i never recieved a email confirmation so i hope it did go through and not on the bottom of the list with a delivery date of after the 25th.... BUT i will say this, i will NOT be like most people and start to call at&t and complain that i didnt get it on the 24th. We will get our phones when we get them, we need to let at&t and apple do their thing, we pre ordered, that it theres nothing we can do but wait.,

I'm curiuos about something. Do u think the phone shipping in July will be the dame hardware/software as the first batch that are coming next week? I mean like how long in between productions do the change up things like bootloaders and stuff when the jb and unlocks are released and they try to patch holes and stuff? Like my 3g was and intal release that has the 5.8 loader but then they changed that.

Next Thursday is going to be the best day ever.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

picassolsus (06-16-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremeiphone View Post
    i ordered through at&t at 6:15am the 15th went straight through....Now i never recieved a email confirmation so i hope it did go through and not on the bottom of the list with a delivery date of after the 25th.... BUT i will say this, i will NOT be like most people and start to call at&t and complain that i didnt get it on the 24th. We will get our phones when we get them, we need to let at&t and apple do their thing, we pre ordered, that it theres nothing we can do but wait.,
    Only Apple sends the email confirmation initially so if you ordered thru ATT, you're not supposed to have gotten one at this point. I ordered at about the exact same time from ATT and my card was charged immediately and I got the confirmation page and order number. I wasn't expecting an email.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

eBay prices for iPhone 4 just shot up some more

I ordered directly from an AT&T store (in person) yesterday around 2:00 PM EST...AT&T tells me that I should be good to go! Here's to hoping they know what they're talking about! I had one reserved at the Apple Store and then I cancelled it! Wonder if that will come back to bite me...

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

Radio Shack, Wal-mart and Best Buy are better options for opening day..
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

My local apple store said I can come in at any time thoughout the day on the 24th to get my phone. But if I come on the 25th there is no guarentee it'll be there. However, I should expect a line all day on the 24th so give myself at least an hour

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I ordered mine at best buy. Pre ordered. Got a $50 gift card...
    Pick up on the 24th with no line and i can get there legit warranty.. Cracked or scratched anything = brand new phone!!! Hahaha

Hey guys I got a confirmation number around 12pm PST yesterday but my card didn't get charged. Does that mean I didn't get one?

Thanks

They won't charge until shipment
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Most of the time your card gets charged when the item is shipped. As along as you have the confirmation you're ok.

Thanks

If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast