+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ultrasn0w 0.92.1 Released : Unlock 04.26.08 Baseband On iOS 4 GM

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Im on 3.1.3 with 4.26.08. Where do I get the ios4GM??
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Im on 3.1.3 with 4.26.08. Where do I get the ios4GM??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hughEE View Post
    ahhh i read the title and got excited for just a little bit there...

am i the only one checking back religiously waiting for it to say "Unlock for 3.1.3 on 3G(S) on ALL BB's released!! (just for YOU, hughEE)"

...still waiting patiently :-)

been lurking here for a while...and count me in on that, waiting to use my 3G since I broke my S checkin this site at least 10 times a day while im at work !! Oh hacking gods bless us with your unlock!

Thanks

How do I upgrade to 4.0 without upgrading my baseband? Is there a tutorial?

Thanks

I'm in same boat as u guys 5.12 baseband and I see ios4 is from 3G-4G so my 2G is going to keep rocking and rolling!

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

i imagine this means (since i have the good old firmware /bootrom/ etc and still om 3.1.2) that there will be eventually an updated pwnage tool that will jailbreak and use this to unlock. but obviously, there's no reason to use this now unless we want to fool around with the 4.0 beta?

after all, we will have to restore and do a new custom software regardless to jailbreak, right? then have to reinstall everything from the beginning...

Thanks

^thats the nature of the beast

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hughEE View Post
    ahhh i read the title and got excited for just a little bit there...

am i the only one checking back religiously waiting for it to say "Unlock for 3.1.3 on 3G(S) on ALL BB's released!! (just for YOU, hughEE)"

...still waiting patiently :-)
    you're definatley not alone!! even though i KNOW there's nothing new!!

Thanks

yesssssssss, finally i figured out how to jailbreak and unlock my 3G thanks to this unlock! keep it up devs!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    yesssssssss, finally i figured out how to jailbreak and unlock my 3G thanks to this unlock! keep it up devs!
    how do you jailbreak and unlock the 4.0 gm? I have the 3g as well and havent found a tutorial yet

Thanks

It was one hell of a process and I'm not sure if it's the best method, but this is what I came up with after days of experimentation:

YOU MUST HAVE 05.08 BOOTLOADER/ABLE TO DOWNGRADE TO 04.28.08BB VIA FUZZYBAND!

-Put unactivated at&t sim in iphone
    -restore to 4.0
    -jailbreak via the newest redsn0w
    -turn auto-lock to never
    -you'll notice cydia has a white icon, disregard this and open cydia
    -let cydia do it's business! do not interrupt whatever it does! once it's done, chances are it will respring your iphone (this is just what i noticed)
    -open cydia again and it will fetch updates. you may get a few netDB errors, but disregard them and do a complete upgrade
    -once cydia upgrades everything, you should now have the correct cydia icon and all the community sources installed within
    -install fuzzyband from cydia and downgrade. this was pretty shady from what i learned, and it took me a few tries for it to actually downgrade my baseband. keep at it and eventually it should say 04.28.08 under the about tab in settings
    -once you've downgraded your baseband, install ultrasn0w
    -reboot as it tells you
    -once rebooted, turn off phone again
    -insert t-mobile sim and turn on
    -should get a notification saying iphone is activated (which means you get push notifications too!) and you should get cell service!

like i said, the process was very hit or miss. i had to re-restore and jailbreak five or so times before i got it to work. sometimes cydia would say it didn't have an internet connection and wouldn't allow me to add sources (which meant i couldn't complete the necessary updates) and sometimes fuzzyband wouldn't actually downgrade my baseband when it said it did.

EDIT: oh and if you still can't get after a few tries, you can always safely downgrade to 3.1.2 and use fuzzyband to downgrade your baseband.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    The dev-team has a full unlock/jb suite ready as soon as iOS4 is officially released. The iPhone 4 and all iOS4 devices will be unlockable almost immediately after they're released.

And the 3GS value is gonna be crappy for a while. I make my living on eBay selling cell phones and if you want to get the most out for your 3GS as far as value is concerned, wait 3-4 months to sell it. We've seen how many iPhone 4s have been pre-ordered so you know there is gonna be a huge crush of 3GS going on eBay/craigslist once those phones get to their owners.

Just a quick example: before the 3GS was released last year, I was selling the unlocked/JB iPhone 3G for $375-$400 on eBay. 3GS gets released and everyone sells their 3G on eBay so there is more supply and my average price drops to $250-$300. That's a full $100 drop. Come November/December the price for a 3G was back up in the $325-$375 range where it has consistently stayed until the iPhone 4 was announced.

Do with that info as you see fit
    Good post! Was starting to figure that out myself as I'm selling my iPhone 3G OS 3.1.2 (soon 3.1.3) on 4.26.08... But sales went down dramatically in a week! Few make it over $310+! Good thing I got myself a 3GS for the mean time to actually enjoy as an upgrade

By the way dope username! Actually got the whip to go with the title? haha be cool to see or if anything connected to Honda Tech by any chance?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

happy i have one of the old 3g so i can downgrade baseband

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    The dev-team has a full unlock/jb suite ready as soon as iOS4 is officially released. The iPhone 4 and all iOS4 devices will be unlockable almost immediately after they're released.

And the 3GS value is gonna be crappy for a while. I make my living on eBay selling cell phones and if you want to get the most out for your 3GS as far as value is concerned, wait 3-4 months to sell it. We've seen how many iPhone 4s have been pre-ordered so you know there is gonna be a huge crush of 3GS going on eBay/craigslist once those phones get to their owners.

Just a quick example: before the 3GS was released last year, I was selling the unlocked/JB iPhone 3G for $375-$400 on eBay. 3GS gets released and everyone sells their 3G on eBay so there is more supply and my average price drops to $250-$300. That's a full $100 drop. Come November/December the price for a 3G was back up in the $325-$375 range where it has consistently stayed until the iPhone 4 was announced.

Do with that info as you see fit
    Will never happen! Craigslist before Iphone 4 preorder 3g 8gb $200 to $250 3g 16 $250 to $325 after 3g either from $180 to $225 3gs 32gb after preorder $300 and a bunch have been put on there this week!

I like the looks of the Iphone 4 but I have a 3gs 32gb old bootrom for use and a 3g for play and the 3g is Jailbroken on Ios4 and other than multitasking I don't see much new! If the Iphone 4 runs faster that would be a plus but when its Jailbroken and new themes put on there its going to look basicly like a regular Iphone!

Camera will be better and moveis would look good in HD but I do not use the Iphone to watch movies!

But all in all I do like the looks better than the vannila waffer shape ones we have now!

And the jailbreakers do have a jailbreak for 4.0 but they have not tried on Iphone 4 might be some hardware change that causes problem!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 06-17-2010 at 06:40 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone owais123's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone put up a dl link for 3g custom firmware.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by owais123 View Post
    Can someone put up a dl link for 3g custom firmware.
    Nope. Sorry links to custom firmwares are not allowed. It will get you an infraction if you do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, my 3G is jb and working great on iOS4... now if we can just unlock it... I will be thrilled! I added the "ultrasn0w.org" to Cydia... but there is nothing there and the instructions I have don't tell me what to do after you add that to the sources.

Any direction would be GREATLY appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

After you have added the repo to Cydia go to the "Changes" tab and install Ultrasnow. Reboot your phone and it should work.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12