+ Reply
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sold Out! July 2nd New iPhone 4 Ship Date

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Fewer than twenty-four hours have passed since preordering began for the 4th generation iPhone. Already, the supply has been virtually decimated - a reality that, according to at least one
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Sold Out! July 2nd New iPhone 4 Ship Date

Fewer than twenty-four hours have passed since preordering began for the 4th generation iPhone. Already, the supply has been virtually decimated - a reality that, according to at least one published report, became evident as early as 1:30pm PST Tuesday.

And just imagine how many prospective buyers would have actually pulled the trigger on the new iPhone today if servers hadn't exploded and otherwise melted down at the moment of truth. Nonetheless, we at MMi hope for your sake that you managed to get your order in. Otherwise, all new orders will now be subject to a new ship date - July 2nd.

AT&T's response, as chronicled by our friends at BGR:

Because of the incredible interest in iPhone 4, today was the busiest online sales day in AT&T history. As of Tuesday afternoon, customers who preorder iPhone 4 moving forward will receive their device on June 25 or later, depending on when the order is placed. We’ll email customers with confirmation once their order is placed, and again when it ships. In addition, we will have devices available on a first-come, first-serve basis in our stores beginning on June 24.
    If you're looking to preorder a white iPhone, you're really out of luck, as Apple has even asked Best Buy to stop accepting preorders for the white model.

As it stands, AT&T will notify customers via email with confirmations of order placement and eventual shipment. Unfortunately, AT&T will only have a limited number of new iPhones on hand come launch day (June 24th) on a first-come, first-serve basis. So serious are the supply issues at AT&T that the carrier has even temporarily blocked iPhone 4 pre-orders from employees. Nonetheless, it now appears that it will take some time for supply to catch up with the demand - overwhelming demand, that is.

Last week, we reported that Robert Lai, chairman of Asia Optical, revealed that his company has been turning out some massive shipments of VGA lens kits for the updated iPhone's front-facing video camera since last month - enough, in fact, to place a monthly production estimate at three million units. Despite what was believed to be a swollen inventory of new iPhones, the initial batch apparently wasn't sufficient.

And, as a result, getting the 4th generation iPhone could very well take longer than many of us had hoped.
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 06-15-2010 at 09:52 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Freerunnering (06-16-2010), iPhone4...20 (06-15-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Guess I will be waiting then.

Had to go to sleep early for a meeting. And then woke up in time to get ready for the meeting and a tiny bit of the Sony E3 conference. After meeting had to work so missed ordering.
    Last edited by Cer0; 06-15-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Get your tents ready

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

reyg25atx (06-16-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I thought the article states said around 4 million per month inventory was weird, after all this iPhone 4 was "forced" to release early. Did not think Apple to get a sufficient inventory to cover this early release without causing more problems for Foxconn.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I ordered mine to be shipped home to avoid a huge line, I lucked out =D iPhone is guaranteed delivery next thursday, yaya

Thanks

every year gets better and better...
    what a total Fail
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol got mine in before 11am at the apple store was told I was the first person in the store to get it to go through and they opened at 9am lol yahhhh meee

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok so ship date means next date u can order one? Or the next date they will arrive? I missed out on mine, mostly cause I was hoping white would "maybe" come with the next shipment, but will I be able to order earlier then the 2nd, like between launch on the 24th and the 2nd?

Thanks

I forsaw this happening... Thats what happens when you have so much hype behind a revolutionary product

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad I woke up at 4am eastern time and ordered mine!!

Thanks

Good thing I stayed up and had mine pre-ordered online by 4:45 AM EST. Avoided the rush and all the errors.

---------------------------------
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny3Stacks For This Useful Post:

reyg25atx (06-16-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine arrives July 6th.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ordered mine at 7pm pacific from apple and got a delivery date of june 24th. still waiting on email confirmation tho. so hope it does come in then. got my fingers crossed.

Thanks

Well Damn, AT&T always drops the ball, why should anyone expect anything else. I tried for 12 hours to get one ordered, with no luck. AT&T should Rethink Possible and Possiblily be better prepared for something.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I got my order in an hour or so ago and it said June 24th delivery still, so hopefully it gets here. I got the web order number, but got no email yet and their check online orders just times out. So, hopefully they got the order number on their end too!

Thanks

Yet just a few weeks ago both Apple and AT&T said they were ready for this. LOL...this is why Google is laughing right now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by domanads2k4 View Post
    Lol got mine in before 11am at the apple store was told I was the first person in the store to get it to go through and they opened at 9am lol yahhhh meee
    Damn... I was at the apple store today at 10:30am (CST) and they sat me down at a computer to do my preorder and even by then the apple and att servers were maxed out and crashing. I tried from 10:30 am - 4 pm straight to preorder and then off and on between 6pm-9pm ( which then i finally got through only to get the july 2nd date).

Looks like I'll be camping out with my thermos of coffee, a dozen donuts and a lawn chair for the launch date. Although I did obtain a "reserve" for the iPhone at my local Apple store for the launch date... not sure how well that will work out but Ill be there to try none the less... Im keeping my fingers crossed.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I doubt google is laughing, apple just sold a ****load of phones. Estimates put it at 3 times the amount of 3GSs that were sold last year. Thats an incredible amount.

Thanks

They are not laughing at the volume of sales, they are laughing at yet ONCE AGAIN how both AT&T and Apple can't seem to do this right, the have failed every single year with this. How many years do they need to get it right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm pretty pissed. They will allow me to buy an iPhone for $699 on my number that is not eligible, but on my other number that gets a full discount, they will not let me get it to the cart. BS. Seems fishy to me.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast