+ Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sold Out! July 2nd New iPhone 4 Ship Date

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
They didnt run out last year on the first day but this year is very different
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

They didnt run out last year on the first day but this year is very different

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ordered my iPhone yesterday from Apple for the no commitment price of $699 later in the day figuring I will just get it in July. However I never got a confirmation email so I went through the process again and again no email so I gave up. Today I got two separate emails for two different iPhone orders. I thought Apple was only allowing one iPhone order per account? I am not really sure if I should try to cancel it and go through the hassle given their likely call volume or if I should just let it go and if two show up try to resell on craigslist. I should be able to at least get my money back I hope.

Green Apple
    Thanks

date has been pushed back again. i was just ordering my phone and it had a date of july 2nd, only when i got into the cart it said july 14th

now it says july 14th when you get to the iphone 4 page to buy one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so no one can comment on my issue?

I ordered, got email confirmation, but when I check status, it says "attention" so processing hasn't been done yet. Who do I call att?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

^^i juss got of the phone with AT&T and they said there computers are down...I was juss quadruple checking my order...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The more I read all this problems with order problems and inventory on iPhone 4, the more I realize how much I do not need this iPhone 4. Already have iPhone 3GS, is this iPhone 4 that much better than 3GS that I want to spend $400 for smaller storage newest version? Do I really need the camera when I do not like to be photographed? Do I need high def video that eats memory like crazy? Do I need to play with apps that is for the iPad? Is the faster CPU going to be that much better for me?
    Sad truth is no for all of the above, so you guys have 1 less person to compete against. Happy hunting for all you peps that is looking for iPhone, I will sit in my chair with some popcorn and wait for drama to unfold. Wonder who Jobes going to blame this low initial sales numbers catastrophe, probably AT&T.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I order mine on AT&T web site at 4am. Only because I was getting ready for work. They already took the money off the card. Today I just got a tx saying this.
    (AT&T Free Message. iPhone 4 stock arrives June 24th, orders will be filled on/after that time. Check https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/ for updates.)
    does that sound good?

Forgot to but I done it on
    6-15-10. And that is the date on my order status.
    Last edited by partycove; 06-16-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Evevn JULY 2nd is sold out now its JULY 14th an update

iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Thanks

In my town I have too many choices as to where to camp out on the 24th. The AT&T store is about 10 miles away nd there are 2 Walmart's one about 2 miles away one about 10 miles away and a Best Buy about 10 miles away. Where do I go...? Something tell me to try Walmart (hate that place) because they were not involved with the preorder and might have more phones and the 24th is the last week of the month so welfare checks are not yet out...haha... Where would you go?

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine has a ship date of 7/14

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geoffe View Post
    In my town I have too many choices as to where to camp out on the 24th. The AT&T store is about 10 miles away nd there are 2 Walmart's one about 2 miles away one about 10 miles away and a Best Buy about 10 miles away. Where do I go...? Something tell me to try Walmart (hate that place) because they were not involved with the preorder and might have more phones and the 24th is the last week of the month so welfare checks are not yet out...haha... Where would you go?
    lol@the welfare checks part. Thats ****** up by i lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone frail1's Avatar
    Thanks

so i thought we were only supposed to be charged when the item is shipped... why did my bank account just get charged today? kinda messed up

Green Apple
    Thanks

why is everybody pre-ordering?! go to the store on the 24th and pick it up

wtf

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    The more I read all this problems with order problems and inventory on iPhone 4, the more I realize how much I do not need this iPhone 4. Already have iPhone 3GS, is this iPhone 4 that much better than 3GS that I want to spend $400 for smaller storage newest version? Do I really need the camera when I do not like to be photographed? Do I need high def video that eats memory like crazy? Do I need to play with apps that is for the iPad? Is the faster CPU going to be that much better for me?
    Sad truth is no for all of the above, so you guys have 1 less person to compete against. Happy hunting for all you peps that is looking for iPhone, I will sit in my chair with some popcorn and wait for drama to unfold. Wonder who Jobes going to blame this low initial sales numbers catastrophe, probably AT&T.
    congratulations, enjoy your 3gs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Smile .
    Quote Originally Posted by domanads2k4 View Post
    Lol got mine in before 11am at the apple store was told I was the first person in the store to get it to go through and they opened at 9am lol yahhhh meee
    lucky dog,dude

xyx
    Green Apple
    Thanks

good news for me, all the black ones are out the door...makes room and a push for apple to get white ones out. I'm still wondering if the apple store will have white ones on launch day...I really think they will.

What's Jailbreak? Lovebotlasss17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalano View Post
    Who else went to an actual AT&T Store? I went to an AT&T store around 6:00 p.m. EST and they took my preorder no problem. Said that it would be shipped to my home anytime between the 24th and 1st of July. Placed my order, charged my card (put the hold on the card) and I have a receipt. I went to www.wireless.att.com/order_status and it says the order was placed and no ship time.

My issue is, anyone else that went to the actual AT&T store, did you get an e-mail? I gave them my e-mail address, didn't receive one but when I go to the website to check order status, it shows that I placed an order and it's "in progress" anyone else get an e-mail that went in person?
    I went to an AT&T store around 10:00 a.m. EST and finally had my iPhone ordered an hour later. I did obtain a receipt, went home, and already had a confirmation email. Here is a portion of it:

AT&T - iPhone Wireless Order Confirmation

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent order. Your iPhone has been reserved and is expected to ship on or after June 24, 2010. Your order details as well as activation instructions are included below.

As soon as your device ships, we will send an email confirmation including a tracking number for your convenience. In the meantime, you can check the status of your order on our website at any time by clicking here or by calling our automated system at 1-877-782-8870.

Here are your order details:

iPhone Order Details:

Order Transaction Number: XXXXX

Shipping Zip Code: XXXXX

I even called the 1-800 number and checked online for my order status. It still says "in progress," but I'm sure everybody who pre-ordered says that since technically it will not be shipped until AT LEAST 24 June. And the options were:

In Progress: Our warehouse is still processing this item for shipment.

Canceled: This item has been canceled and will not be shipped.

Partially Shipped: Some of the items have shipped. If an item is on backorder, an amount will appear in the Qty Backordered column.

Shipped: Our warehouse has shipped this item.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgrenard View Post
    why is everybody pre-ordering?! go to the store on the 24th and pick it up

wtf
    Probably because "everybody" has a job and can't take the several hours needed to camp out in line on a workday?

Who wouldn't want the convenience of having the product arrive at one's doorstep?

wtf yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Waaaaah. Feel better now?
    Last edited by eballesq; 06-17-2010 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eballesq For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (06-17-2010), Windmeel (06-17-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Mine has a ship date of 7/14
    At least you finally got one pre-ordered
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xyx View Post
    good news for me, all the black ones are out the door...makes room and a push for apple to get white ones out. I'm still wondering if the apple store will have white ones on launch day...I really think they will.
    id be really pissed if they did this. i ordered a black one and if they so happen to drop off some white ones after launch i definitely will be changing mine. i mean i have to wait till the 14th anyway