Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sold Out! July 2nd New iPhone 4 Ship Date

Plenty of ATT users got their phones ordered today. Hell even the white ones were guaranteed on the 25th. However, the limited edition (metallic silver) was only sold to the first 1,000 who pre-ordered that particular color. Surprisingly that lasted a whole 10mins.

Metallic silver? Am i missing something here? Is this iPhone Singapore edition or something?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I doubt google is laughing, apple just sold a ****load of phones. Estimates put it at 3 times the amount of 3GSs that were sold last year. Thats an incredible amount.
    In less than a day.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Ha suckers. I posted that pre orders had ran out here in UK too on the other unlocked thread. Now I'm not the only one who's going to be waiting
    haha

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    They are not laughing at the volume of sales, they are laughing at yet ONCE AGAIN how both AT&T and Apple can't seem to do this right, the have failed every single year with this. How many years do they need to get it right?
    I hear what you are saying. I just think that every year they have a greater and greater demand. So even when they up production, it still isn't enough to keep up with the demand. Apple also prefers to keep stock low and send the public into a frenzy trying to get their product.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Plenty of ATT users got their phones ordered today. Hell even the white ones were guaranteed on the 25th. However, the limited edition (metallic silver) was only sold to the first 1,000 who pre-ordered that particular color. Surprisingly that lasted a whole 10mins.

It was only for the first 1,000? Wow I feel special because I got one!

I did my reservation for pickup via apple store app.. got a e-mail @1.15 PM CST to pickup my phone t apple store on 24th... wonder if I need to show up early...

This is crazy...I tried to call my local apple store to confirm... had to wait 30 minutes and still did not get thru... guess I need to go personally and confirm.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    In less than a day.
    Exactly

Glad I got mines in early

Thanks

Well if you compare the massive change from the 3GS - iPhone 4 to the 3G - 3GS, then you'd see why. Add that to the millions of early upgrade eligibility, a drop in the data plan price and you've got yourself massive sales.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Yeah I just need my phone already, I can't stand my blackberry anymore. I need some glass baby.

This is so apple

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

They are not laughing at the volume of sales, they are laughing at yet ONCE AGAIN how both AT&T and Apple can't seem to do this right, the have failed every single year with this. How many years do they need to get it right?
    Lol, apple wipes the floor with google every year with theyre release of an updated iphone. Google wishes they had production issues like apple every year because those issues or fails as you note them equate to $$$ (in lay mans' terms, Profits... sweet sweet ungodly unfathomable profits). Although apple, not ATT (att has nothing to do with the production side), has production issues for the new iphone isnt a cause for the Fail stamp because any company in the world would kill for this type of dilemma. Basically, these "Fails" should ALWAYS be expected for events such as these.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilbourn For This Useful Post:

Dust Busta (06-15-2010)

Around 8:00 tonight I decided to give my preorder another shot, and it actually went through on the Apple site and I just got an email confirmation with a June 24th delivery date. Thank goodness..

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrotolo View Post
    every year gets better and better...
    what a total Fail
    Sold out in 24 hours is a fail?
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

guess it depends on your definition of "right". i think selling out of a ton of iphones in less than a day says they did something right. i know i'm happy...put my order in early and have one on the way for the 24th. totally excited.

Thanks

I wish my business had this problem

Got my order in around 4-5ish this morning, was up with the baby.
    I just so happened to go to Att website and saw the new little text "pre order"
    yay!

I didn't really think it was up yet, but it was!
    And after I ordered it, Att sent me a email saying that preorder could be placed now.

So I guess I beat the mass email to people/big rush to the ATT site

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

I would lean more towards Google is thinking about how the hell they can pull this off. Demand for the iPhone goes up each year. So it is hard to prepare when the bar keeps getting put higher.

At least this provides better showing of demand than Sprint did with Evo sales stats. Then got caught with their real totals.

i successfully preordered my iPhone 4 16 GB blk at 9am in the AT&T store..so ill be getting it June 24th...but after i was done then i seen the comouters starting to crash so hopefully whoever is waiting that yu still get yur iPhone 4 ...GoodLuck!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast