+ Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sold Out! July 2nd New iPhone 4 Ship Date

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by xyx good news for me, all the black ones are out the door...makes room and a push for apple to get white ones out. I'm still wondering
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xyx View Post
    good news for me, all the black ones are out the door...makes room and a push for apple to get white ones out. I'm still wondering if the apple store will have white ones on launch day...I really think they will.
    Wouldn't make any sense for them to do that, unless Apple wants a bunch of returned phones so that people can exchange for the white. No, releasing it right after launch would be bad business sense.

The return period is 30 days, so it will be sometime after this period. Rumor is mid-August, which fits perfectly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    The more I read all this problems with order problems and inventory on iPhone 4, the more I realize how much I do not need this iPhone 4. Already have iPhone 3GS, is this iPhone 4 that much better than 3GS that I want to spend $400 for smaller storage newest version? Do I really need the camera when I do not like to be photographed? Do I need high def video that eats memory like crazy? Do I need to play with apps that is for the iPad? Is the faster CPU going to be that much better for me?
    Sad truth is no for all of the above, so you guys have 1 less person to compete against. Happy hunting for all you peps that is looking for iPhone, I will sit in my chair with some popcorn and wait for drama to unfold. Wonder who Jobes going to blame this low initial sales numbers catastrophe, probably AT&T.
    Low initial sales numbers? How is that possible when they sold out before the launch?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What? Not happy with 1 less person to compete against?
    Really do not see the reason to "upgrade" for $400 + $18 fee for early upgrade cost... What is the incentive? Few bucks more you can get larger screen iPad!(if you must have an Apple product) Sure there is no camera on iPad but if these were important to me, I would not have bought iPhones since there are plenty of other phones out there with better cameras.
    This is part of the reason I am not buying iPhone4 and it does not mean it apply to everyone. If all you can say is "waaaah" or " ", then I am glad for you that you think this is a good buy for your money. There is plenty of other options I can spend that $418+tax on.

xyx
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
    Wouldn't make any sense for them to do that, unless Apple wants a bunch of returned phones so that people can exchange for the white. No, releasing it right after launch would be bad business sense.

The return period is 30 days, so it will be sometime after this period. Rumor is mid-August, which fits perfectly.
    It wont surprise me if the apple STORES get them on launch day in limited quantities, not the online store. They've already achieved bad business sense by not releasing them for preorder.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    What? Not happy with 1 less person to compete against?
    Really do not see the reason to "upgrade" for $400 + $18 fee for early upgrade cost... What is the incentive? Few bucks more you can get larger screen iPad!(if you must have an Apple product) Sure there is no camera on iPad but if these were important to me, I would not have bought iPhones since there are plenty of other phones out there with better cameras.
    This is part of the reason I am not buying iPhone4 and it does not mean it apply to everyone. If all you can say is "waaaah" or " ", then I am glad for you that you think this is a good buy for your money. There is plenty of other options I can spend that $418+tax on.
    I don't really care about your reasons. Spend your money however you want. The only thing that stuck out to me in your original post was your comment that Steve Jobs would blame AT&T for low initial sales numbers. Ludicrous, since pre-orders are sold out through mid-July.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If everything went good on my order on the 15th and my date did not get push back. Should I get the phone on the 24th or it's getting shipped on the 24th???? Does any one know????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by partycove View Post
    If everything went good on my order on the 15th and my date did not get push back. Should I get the phone on the 24th or it's getting shipped on the 24th???? Does any one know????
    it gets overnight shipping so you can receive it on the 24th

Thanks

So what is the latest release date, is it still June 2nd if preordering through Apple?

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    So what is the latest release date, is it still June 2nd if preordering through Apple?
    July 14th now at Apple
    Are you having fun yet

Thanks

I ordered mine on the 15th but i didnt get through until 11:00pm so after the sale i got my email and it said on or after July 2nd. Damn the suspense

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Went to the AT&T store tuesday morning at 9am, was the only one there.

fixed spelling.
    Last edited by saab9k; 06-18-2010 at 05:43 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saab9k View Post
    Went to the AT&T store tuesday morning at 9am, was the one one there.
    one one?

Green Apple
    Thanks

How do you know when you should receive your iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalano View Post
    How do you know when you should receive your iPhone?
    Email next day said 24. We will see.

Getting a 32, will probably sell it and buy a blackberry

Thanks

i'll be waiting anyways, not coming out in canada for a while
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

when will it be released in Canada? I'm going up there from 7/10-7/13? Got some relatives up there I can get them to buy it for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby4 View Post
    I forsaw this happening... Thats what happens when you have so much hype behind a revolutionary product
    Revolutionary??? How??? Everything the new iphone has the evo 4g already has and does. Apple fan boys gotta love them!

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3gs1289 View Post
    Revolutionary??? How??? Everything the new iphone has the evo 4g already has and does. Apple fan boys gotta love them!
    Its revolutionary because the iPhone, in general, started the touchscreen revolution. Sure, touchscreen phones were around before the iPhone but Apple made touchscreens mainstream. Do you think the EVO would be around if it werent for Apple taking the chance and making a FULL touchscreen only interface? Probably not. Not to mention, I believe, its revolutionary just because of the sales numbers. MILLIONS of people cant be wrong. The EVO is a nice device. At least until HTC releases 20 more just like it and they all blend into the background. Apple puts out ONE phone a year and still manages to keep pace or even set the standard. Everyone says this phone or that phone is way better than the iPhone but you cant deny that everyone is trying to keep up with the iPhone.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

You're right. Apple sure can't compete with HTC's quality when it comes to putting a phone together.

And let me know when EVO's total sale catch up to the iPhone 4 first day of pre-order sales.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well, there are at least 600,000 of them (on PRE-order day) to love.