Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Prepping Retail Store iOS App

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple Prepping Retail Store iOS App

Apple is believed to be ready to introduce a cool new iOS app that will essentially serve as your mobile Apple retail store. With its formal introduction supposedly imminent, the application will serve up access to Apple's online store and - as you might expect - provide a mobile way of pre-ordering, let's say, a new Apple product like the iPhone 4, which conveniently enough becomes available for preorder tomorrow, June 15th.

For months there has been talk of a similar application, but until now, no indication as to if and when such an offering would actually manifest. Given that Apple has long enjoyed very high customer approval ratings, the pressure to produce such an app has been underwhelming. But in light of the customer surge expected within the next two weeks, the time is probably right for an app that, according to speculation and sources in the know, will serve as a hybrid between a mobile App retail store and a so-called concierge-like service.

Although long lines will all but certainly be observed at Apple stores around the country June 24th, both AT&T and Apple have worked aggressively toward making the pre-order process as seamless and attractive as possible. This year, for example, AT&T is trying something new - offering customers the option to ship pre-orders directly to their home or business for delivery on launch day. As Paul reported this morning on MMi, another factor helping to thin out those prospective long lines is that, in addition to AT&T, Apple and Best Buy retail outlets, the fourth generation iPhone will also be available at RadioShack and Wal-mart stores on launch day.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmm nice

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey maybe you can chat live with a genius right from the app, If you have any technical question and stuff. That would be cool

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

That's cool accessing the apple store from the apple site on mobile safari is a pain in the ***. I think it would be cool if they just put the Apple, App, an iTunes stores into one big Apple app an inside you could switch between the three. Or actually with the new iOS 4 features they would probably put them in a folder in a future firmware.

That would be quite nice. I wonder if they'll merge the iTunes app with the App store and then add the additional functionality. It would be kind of handy to have all of the stores in one instead of having the multiple apps cluttering up your home screen.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am indifferent about this one. I, personally, don't really see this as too much of a plus.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

looking forward to this!! refreshing lol!

Dose this sound like a take over of the smartphone market to you or what, don't need to leave your home or stand in line anymore I can't wait to try out this app on my iPad.

i agree with the whole chat thing...it would be kind of cool if we could chat with apple store employees and ask them questions.

I hope it is live in the morning for pre-orders.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

Was going to do AT&T preorder, but it looks like DiodeShack is doing a 50.00 off thing. Going to check that out

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Chatting with Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlemState View Post
    Hey maybe you can chat live with a genius right from the app, If you have any technical question and stuff. That would be cool
    Chatting with a genius at the APP Store....
    isn't that an OXYMORON !

This could be interesting...