+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Buy, RadioShack iPhone 4 Preorders Start Tomorrow

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
[UPDATE: Confirmed . Still no official word on pricing, though.] [OK, UPDATE 2: Best Buy Mobile rep told me AT&T is letting all retail outlets (so that includes Wal-mart and
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Buy, RadioShack iPhone 4 Preorders Start Tomorrow

[UPDATE: Confirmed. Still no official word on pricing, though.]

[OK, UPDATE 2: Best Buy Mobile rep told me AT&T is letting all retail outlets (so that includes Wal-mart and RadioShack too) offer upgrade pricing. You have to make pre-orders in person at Best Buy locations, though: no online or phone-in options.]

Despite official silence about availability and pricing, a Best Buy representative told me that iPhone 4 pre-ordering will begin tomorrow for in-store pickup only on June 24. The new phone will also be sold at retail to walk-in (or wait-in-line) customers, but availability was said to be subject to pre-orders, suggesting that it's not first-come-first-served: customers who placed orders ahead of time would get their phones first. The rep was unable to answer my question about upgrade pricing.

For launch day, I have a choice of an AT&T Store in a heinous shopping center, or a Best Buy attached to a fashionable mall near MIT with a Starbucks and WiFi. If I'm going to have to wait in line (cause I want to bring you guys my report as soon as possible), I'd definitely prefer to be comfortable, indoors and caffeinated. But the deal-breaker, obviously, would be if for some reason I couldn't get my upgrade discount at Best Buy. There's every indication that I will be able to - Best Buy gave upgrade pricing on iPhone 3GS last year - but so far the company is remaining mum.

In addition to AT&T, Apple and Best Buy retail outlets, iPhone 4 will also be available at RadioShack and Wal-mart stores on launch day. RadioShack announced via their Twitter feed that they will also be accepting pre-orders.
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 06-14-2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: link to press release confirmation

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think, in my town, that my best bet if I do not preorder is going to be Wal-Mart. I live in a relatively small town that has a Best Buy, a Radio Shack, an AT&T store, AND a Wal-Mart. Of all those choices I think Wal-Mart would probably be the best bet as far as not selling out would go. What do you guys think?

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. Apple is really wanna cut down the line.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea. walmart sounds the best for you, but radioshack has a trade in center where you can get credit for older iphones.. Have you checked that out yet?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcal08 View Post
    Yea. walmart sounds the best for you, but radioshack has a trade in center where you can get credit for older iphones.. Have you checked that out yet?
    I'll be selling my 3GS on CraigsList. I have a Mophie Juicepack Air battery case and a TomTom car cradle that will be going with it and I won't get credit for those accessories by trading in. Plus, my 3GS is still under warranty until 12/8/10, so I should be able to sell it no problem.

Thanks

I am wondering if anyone that bought the 3GS on launch day last year June 19 i think is eligible for an upgrade because when i hit *NEW# it tell me that I am not until 02/2011.

does anyone know if i can just pay the $18 upgrade fee and upgrade pricing?

And when I preOrder tomorrow is that when I pay?
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    I am wondering if anyone that bought the 3GS on launch day last year June 19 i think is eligible for an upgrade because when i hit *NEW# it tell me that I am not until 02/2011.

does anyone know if i can just pay the $18 upgrade fee and upgrade pricing?

And when I preOrder tomorrow is that when I pay?
    If you are getting a message that you are not eligible until next year then you would have to pay full price. The 18 fee is (I believe) for those that are eligible this year but are being allowed to upgrade early, like my wife who is technically not eligible until late July. When she calls *NEW# it tells her she gets the upgrade price + the $18 fee.

Thanks

Will we be able to pre order on apple's site tonight at midnight? Or have to wait for a certain time tomorrow?

Thanks

Cool Hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by asmacumber View Post
    If you are getting a message that you are not eligible until next year then you would have to pay full price. The 18 fee is (I believe) for those that are eligible this year but are being allowed to upgrade early, like my wife who is technically not eligible until late July. When she calls *NEW# it tells her she gets the upgrade price + the $18 fee.
    If that's the case that sux, and means that anyone who bought the iPhone 3Gs on launch day has to pay full price.

Only thing is I have bought the new phone on launch day each year since 2007 and never had to pay full until this year.hmmmm

I think ima call and see how far complaining and threatening gets me!!
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think, in my town, that my best bet if I do not preorder is going to be Wal-Mart. I live in a relatively small town that has a Best Buy, a Radio Shack, an AT&T store, AND a Wal-Mart. Of all those choices I think Wal-Mart would probably be the best bet as far as not selling out would go. What do you guys think?
    I'd say it's more likely that BestBuy will have the largest stock. Although Radio Shack is likely to be the lowest on people's radar when it comes to iPhone purchasing
    Really?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well, it's not really full price since you pay a higher price at $399/$499 for a 16gb/32gb. full price is $599/$699

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

actually any of the existing iPhone customers can upgrade at the slightly-less than retail price of 399/499 at any time. Full retail pricing is for those that are not upgrade eligible, not existing iPhone users or those that don't want a contract.
    Really?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    actually any of the existing iPhone customers can upgrade at the slightly-less than retail price of 399/499 at any time. Full retail pricing is for those that are not upgrade eligible, not existing iPhone users or those that don't want a contract.
    Thanks for the clarification.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigorangekitty's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm just going to get up whenever tomorrow at my leisure, mosey on down to the at&t store, plop down some cash, and pick it up sometime on the 24th. why would anyone want to wait in line? they're taking pre-orders (or reserving if you want to get into semantics) all day.
    Last edited by bigorangekitty; 06-14-2010 at 09:37 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    When i log on to my account, i have this message

iPhone Upgrade
    As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price, along with a 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please proceed with the online upgrade process for pricing details. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 01/02/2011

Thanks

I'll be pre-ordering, I hate lines. Radio Shack looks to be the closest option for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,731 Times in 4,446 Posts

i will be pre ordering tonite in Best Buy for store pick up...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

IMO.......Walmart might be good for getting your hanss on the new phone but heaven help you if you have
    any other questions!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

can the iphone 4 be purchased without contract?

Thanks

I think wal mart would be the worst choice as it is the lowest common denominator when it comes to shopping and will draw more people. I think radio shack would be the least obvious choice.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast