+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Buy, RadioShack iPhone 4 Preorders Start Tomorrow

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you pre-order through AT&T, you won't be able to pick it up until Friday the 25th. They may make an exception, but there website says otherwise. Just a heads
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you pre-order through AT&T, you won't be able to pick it up until Friday the 25th. They may make an exception, but there website says otherwise. Just a heads up. AT&T is all about the fine line print.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think if you order from Apple for shipment to your home you will receive it on the 24th.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If I'm upgrading, for the $199 or $299 price. What are my pre-order options? Only AT&T, in the store?
    It's only impossible if you quit.

iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Thanks

is it safe to say that pre-ordering begins at 12:01am tonight?

Thanks

I dial *639# and I get As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee.

Does that mean the $199/$299 pricing?

Green Apple
    Thanks

You people realize that you can pre-order online and get free delivery on launch date... right?

Pre-ordering will not start at 12:01am. With that logic, why not 12:00am? Pre-orders will start around 9am est, just like every iphone online pre-order.

spiderguy, yes.
    Last edited by iamthekiller; 06-14-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamthekiller View Post
    You people realize that you can pre-order online and get free delivery on launch date... right?
    What do you mean by "You people"?! lol. Sounds like im pre-ordering through best buy. I can't get a straight answer from anyone at AT&T about how their whole pre-ordering/pick up is going to work.

Thanks

Pre-ordering at a site has some advantages. If you do not have wifi at home, having a CSR activate for you is a great benefit. Also, I realize this means you would be very impatient, but some people don't want to wait until 4PM to get their new toy, and would love to pick it up at 10AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Best-Buy would be 100% guaranteed that you'd get your phone on time.

Thanks

I want to pre-order but wont have the money till near the 25th.

Where can we preorder and not be billed until the 25th???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    I want to pre-order but wont have the money till near the 25th.

Where can we preorder and not be billed until the 25th???
    If you preorder at BestBuy they will charge you $50 deposit that can go toward the purchase of the iPhone, and you pay the rest when you get the iPhone.

Thanks

ive got AT&t/BestBuy/Walmart/and RadioShack. but i think i'll just preorder direct from Apple and have shipped to my workplace.
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

"zerocoolak: If you pre-order through AT&T, you won't be able to pick it up until Friday the 25th. They may make an exception, but there website says otherwise. Just a heads up. AT&T is all about the fine line print."

This is what I was told as well. Pre orders to house/store won't arrive until the 25th. This is to make sure iTunes activation doesn't crash (again).

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see why Best Buy not giving upgrade pricing is even a consideration here. There is zero reason to worry. They are an authorized ATT/Apple reseller. As long as your ATT account shows that you are eligible for upgrade pricing you WILL get upgrade pricing...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

adp
    Thanks

Anyone here receiving a 15% employer discount for AT&T? I was told that it's a lot easier to pre-order directly through them (I will be a new customer moving from T-mobile) since they can apply the discount immediately. If I went to RadioShack/BestBuy/Apple, it would take 2-3 billing cycles
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    ive got AT&t/BestBuy/Walmart/and RadioShack. but i think i'll just preorder direct from Apple and have shipped to my workplace.
    I may do that as well. I've considered taking the day off of work and just waiting for the Fedex guy to drop it off and also considered waiting in line in the early AM again. Having it shipped to work then taking a half-day when it arrives might be a better idea.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

Why are people saying if you preorder from whatever store YOU WONT get until the 25th - isnt that the day its released?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spiderguy84 View Post
    I dial *639# and I get As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee.

Does that mean the $199/$299 pricing?
    someone answer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unlaced View Post
    someone answer
    yes

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spiderguy84 View Post
    Pre-ordering at a site has some advantages. If you do not have wifi at home, having a CSR activate for you is a great benefit. Also, I realize this means you would be very impatient, but some people don't want to wait until 4PM to get their new toy, and would love to pick it up at 10AM.
    If by 4PM you mean when parcels are delivered to your house, other people get them first thing in the morning. It's infinitely more convenient for me to just pre-order online and be the one that unboxes my new iphone, not some squirrel in-store customer service person.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I don't see why Best Buy not giving upgrade pricing is even a consideration here. There is zero reason to worry. They are an authorized ATT/Apple reseller. As long as your ATT account shows that you are eligible for upgrade pricing you WILL get upgrade pricing...
    Bestbuy realizes that people that shop at their store already aren't very smart shoppers - paying full retail, when they can get the same for less online... so why wouldn't they consider charging more?

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Why are people saying if you preorder from whatever store YOU WONT get until the 25th - isnt that the day its released?
    Release date is the 24th. If you pre-order online, you'll get it delivered the 24th. They're making up the 25th date in order to justify waiting in a line to pick it up in-store.
    Last edited by iamthekiller; 06-14-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost