+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real Flash on the iPhone! [VIDEO]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by applekid80 When i meant you need su, i meant for the memory app. you kept mentioning the g1, no g1 has 2.1 Like you said, if you
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by applekid80 View Post
    When i meant you need su, i meant for the memory app. you kept mentioning the g1, no g1 has 2.1

Like you said, if you download an app from some retards untrusted repo source and download crap from him you are a retard- The android market is not going to baby you around. It is for big boys who know what they are doing. Only retarded people would download a banking app from some retard developer. Those apps have been removed, but they let developers upload any app to the android market so you can get a complete home screen replacement. Thats why people switch to android, to stop getting bullied by that f**ktard who chooses everything
    For "big" boys huh? I don't see how that's exactly safe then. The App Store may have some terrible useless apps, but everything that has at least been verified by the big bully, Apple, but at least you know it's not something that will f**k your phone up. Now as for Cydia apps, trusted repos will not screw your phone up, and all of them supply information that unless you are too stupid to read would know if it's risky business or not.

Don't quote me, I don't use Android, nor do I plan on doing so. But if I understood correctly, you are saying anyone can pretty much develop whatever the hell they want and Android Market won't check it? Doesn't that sound a little.. risky? I mean, I don't think everyone would go ahead and do a little search on who the "dev" is before they download it. After all it's on there, so you'd at least get the impression that it's safe.

Now I do agree that freedom is what matters here, I would probably not own an iPhone anymore if I couldn't jailbreak it. But I still don't see how freedom that goes unchecked is totally a good thing, that probably means, tons of crap gets released in the "market" wouldn't it?

Anyways, cool story bro. This is totally out of what this post should be about. Flash on the iPhone, and so far it looking great.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

Thanks
    So in conclusion, Android is almost like a jailbroken iphone, rooting the phone is like adding an unknown source to cydia. I prefer android for their custom roms, cool apps on the android market that can do almost anything. Mind you, custom roms are risky business, its like getting out of high school and moving out- you take risks, mum is not there anymore to "baby" you around. The iphone os platform is like high school- many resources and stuff but there are still rules, they help you and steer you away from all the bad things in life. Jailbreaking is like being a rebel who breaks the rules. -GlobaL_TroTTer

Thanks

When i meant you need su, i meant for the memory app. you kept mentioning the g1, no g1 has 2.1

Like you said, if you download an app from some retards untrusted repo source and download crap from him you are a retard- The android market is not going to baby you around. It is for big boys who know what they are doing. Only retarded people would download a banking app from some retard developer. Those apps have been removed, but they let developers upload any app to the android market so you can get a complete home screen replacement. Thats why people switch to android, to stop getting bullied by that f**ktard who chooses everything
    No, I don't mention the g1 at all, you keep trying to though. Like I said, those apps were when 2.0/2.1 was out, didn't say anything about g1.

Downloading from a repo isn't even close to the same as from the android market. Get your **** straight because now you're just back pedaling. The android market is for end users in the same way the apple app store is, normal usesrs who don't know **** use it, just like the app store.

Apparently you are one of the idiots that installs untrusted repo **** by your own admission, good one.

Thanks

So in conclusion, Android is almost like a jailbroken iphone, rooting the phone is like adding an unknown source to cydia. I prefer android for their custom roms, cool apps on the android market that can do almost anything. Mind you, custom roms are risky business, its like getting out of high school and moving out- you take risks, mum is not there anymore to "baby" you around. The iphone os platform is like high school- many resources and stuff but there are still rules, they help you and steer you away from all the bad things in life. Jailbreaking is like being a rebel who breaks the rules. -GlobaL_TroTTer
    Haha, Good way of putting it, I can't truly comment against it because I don't really cared to check out the Android Market or otherwise. I still remember that ROM business. I did it with one of my old HTC phones, the first time I did it it scared me to death. one mess up and your phone is bricked. Also reminds me of my RIZR Z3 when it bricked on me, and I had a heck of a time trying to fix it, which eventually I did, just by SHEER luck and chance. Biggest headache ever. When it comes to that aspect though, I honestly do like being spoonfed now.

I haven't actually owned a Android phone yet, but I might have to give it a go sometime. But for now, as long as I have my jailbreak. I'll be fine with Apple. I have everything I need, plus themes have gotten so sophisticated now, that you never get bored of one. Especially with new apps that let you auto-load a new theme (along with its layout, instantly)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    No, I don't mention the g1 at all, you keep trying to though. Like I said, those apps were when 2.0/2.1 was out, didn't say anything about g1.

Downloading from a repo isn't even close to the same as from the android market. Get your **** straight because now you're just back pedaling. The android market is for end users in the same way the apple app store is, normal usesrs who don't know **** use it, just like the app store.

Apparently you are one of the idiots that installs untrusted repo **** by your own admission, good one.
    You did mention the g1 many times eg the memory app. Yes those fake bank apps have been there, only retards would put their bank details on an app. Its like the phishing emails people get. Do YOU put your bank details in? the android market is for high end users that know their sh*t. The app store is for baby wannabes that dont know what a real phone is. So either your a baby wannabe or a high end user.

Believe it or not, The iphone sucks your mums sh*t, and likes it. Hardware sucks, and software is like being in a prison. Developers are slaves to apple, and AT&T.. Dont even get me started.

The app store is full of SH*T that is so *** that people like you download apps from it. 800mhz is fast? the 3gs doesn't deserve the S. You guys are so desperate for flash. i dont see how you can even like apple aka a f**king retarded company run by a bunch of *** pedofiles with fanboys that sit on mmi pressing refresh, refresh, refresh.
    Apple=FAIL

Thanks

can't wait, the flash he used was so weird
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

You did mention the g1 many times eg the memory app. Yes those fake bank apps have been there, only retards would put their bank details on an app. Its like the phishing emails people get. Do YOU put your bank details in? the android market is for high end users that know their sh*t. The app store is for baby wannabes that dont know what a real phone is. So either your a baby wannabe or a high end user.

Believe it or not, The iphone sucks your mums sh*t, and likes it. Hardware sucks, and software is like being in a prison. Developers are slaves to apple, and AT&T.. Dont even get me started.

The app store is full of SH*T that is so *** that people like you download apps from it. 800mhz is fast? the 3gs doesn't deserve the S. You guys are so desperate for flash. i dont see how you can even like apple aka a f**king retarded company run by a bunch of *** pedofiles with fanboys that sit on mmi pressing refresh, refresh, refresh.
    Apple=FAIL
    Wow, wtf? Dude, you just owned yourself. You seem to have a vendetta against Apple, yet your USERNAME is "applekid".. ? Right on.

Now why the hell do you keep yapping about us being desperate for flash? It would be nice, yes. But I'm not desperate, I don't really care. Ill use my PC if Im seriously am dying to watch a freaking flash video.

I'm sorry, but you really don't know what you are talking about "android market is for high end users that know their sh*t"... Right, so EVERY single person that buys an Android is one of those?

Does that mean that the Android Market can go ahead and allow anything to go through and potentially allow anyone to download an unknown app? Now, as mentioned in my previous post, I've never owned an Android but hey, not every user is tech savvy you know. There should be some sort of filtering on the market. It has nothing to do with anyone being a "baby". Crap that's unsafe shouldn't exist in a market thats accessible by any Droid user. Freedom is one thing, but leaving it unchecked and having the potential risk of having someone upload a potentially risky app isn't a smart.

Also you call Apple's hardware trash, if that's so. Why exactly has the iPhone started garnering the appeal of the gaming industry? Even Nintendo is considering the iPhone a stronger competitor than the PSP.

Your whole post sounds like you just mumbling on. Your post = FAIL.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Whether flash is a good format or not is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that it is absolutely necessary in order to view content on a very large percentage of websites. By not developing Flash for the iPhone, Apple is essentially producing a very expensive and poopy PSP, because without flash the device is useless as a web browser. Apple should be catering to the needs of its customers- the need in this case being a web browser that can handle Flash, instead of trying to hijack the industry by forcing users to use a different format at the cost of the user's money, convenience, and productivity. I mean honestly, they're selling lemons here and getting away with it just because there is a gang of apple nerds out there that will still remain loyal to the brand, even if Apple produces, say, smartphones that explode, lose signal if you TOUCH them, and can't handle a widespread multimedia platform for web browsing. Sorry Apple nerds, but EPIC FAIL. Once android-based tablets come out to compete with the iPad, that's all she wrote: Steve Jobs will be caught standing there with his trousers down and John Thomas in his hand... *cue the sad trumpet*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wteaocb View Post
    Whether flash is a good format or not is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that it is absolutely necessary in order to view content on a very large percentage of websites. By not developing Flash for the iPhone, Apple is essentially producing a very expensive and poopy PSP, because without flash the device is useless as a web browser. Apple should be catering to the needs of its customers- the need in this case being a web browser that can handle Flash, instead of trying to hijack the industry by forcing users to use a different format at the cost of the user's money, convenience, and productivity. I mean honestly, they're selling lemons here and getting away with it just because there is a gang of apple nerds out there that will still remain loyal to the brand, even if Apple produces, say, smartphones that explode, lose signal if you TOUCH them, and can't handle a widespread multimedia platform for web browsing. Sorry Apple nerds, but EPIC FAIL. Once android-based tablets come out to compete with the iPad, that's all she wrote: Steve Jobs will be caught standing there with his trousers down and John Thomas in his hand... *cue the sad trumpet*
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!
    Long live android
    RaiV3R=Apple fanboy fail

Thanks

Talking Thanks for the info on Flash
    Can you supply me with the Audio clip you have as I'd like to use it.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    YouTube - A preview

Comex, the developer behind the latest and most compatible jailbreak to date, Spirit, recently tweeted a video of an iPhone that is apparently playing REAL Adobe Flash content at full speed. He states in the video description that it is "very preliminary," as can be seen by the minor graphical glitches on the screen, but the fact is that it seems to be opening and executing Flash content just fine. No other information has been unveiled yet; it is unknown if this project is to be eventually worked into Safari as its own plugin or if it will have to stay as a standalone app.

Apple's distaste with Flash has led quite a few developers to work on their own workarounds to get Flash content working on the iPhone. Some of the most notable include iMobileCinema, a Safari plugin that has been around for a while that attempts to play video content embedded in Flash, Gordon and Smokescreen, two Flash interpreters written entirely in Javascript (which iOS and MobileSafari handle just fine, if slowly), and Flash In A Pinch and CloudBrowse, which actually render Flash content on a remote server, then stream down the images (and sound in the case of CloudBrowse) of the webpage to your iDevice. However, none of these workarounds could really be considered a "Flash player" considering the limitations that each solution has in place. This project, should it come to fruition, would be the first real Flash player for iPhone, and comex has already proven his skill by releasing the first ever untethered 3G S/G3 iTouch jailbreak.

Follow comex on Twitter, and check back to this thread for any future updates on the project.

(Here are the links to the first and the second Flash movie demoed in the video.)

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234