+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real Flash on the iPhone! [VIDEO]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Flash FTW. There's too many sites that use it and HTML5 isn't coming anytime soon.
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Flash FTW. There's too many sites that use it and HTML5 isn't coming anytime soon.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

looks sweet! cant wait

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sweet!!

Thanks

Oh god...

How much RAM does Flash even use on the iPhone?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with howlett15, I have enjoyed my iPhone just fine without flash and even on my computer I rarely see flash videos or play flash content. I mostly watch YouTube which I can watch on my iPhone and then there's a few sites like G4TV or Gametrailers which I can't watch on my iPhone but it's not much trouble for me to just get my MacBook and watch the video larger and in HD.

...but if it does eventually work I guess it wouldn't hurt to get it anyways lol.
    Last edited by Antman217; 06-14-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone sharp2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam83 View Post
    why does everyone assume you can't get pr0n on the iphone? it's fast, easy and infinite... has been since the day I got my 3g and tried it in a local pub

thats just wrong. i know u watched it in a washroom stall. *CLAP*

Thanks
    Wow you guys are desperate. Too bad you don't have real flash like on android 2.2. I've got it and its great

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by applekid80 View Post
    Wow you guys are desperate. Too bad you don't have real flash like on android 2.2. I've got it and its great
    Cool bro..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faxmonkey View Post
    Pretty cool but I fear that without official Apple support it really will be as bad as what Steve Jobs predicts. There will obviously never be *hardware acceleration* without Apple cooperation. Moreover, some of the features in the Android implementation (which will not 100% finished is already pretty great) like ondemand (all flash is click-to-flash in browser instead of always on) and the auto-unload once something is not currently in view are a necessity to protect battery life and prevent flash *advertisements* from taking over the phone.

Looks like he wrote an App just for this, and then pre-loaded the content into it. Probably still a long way from being actually useful. At any rate, I'm skeptical that we can ever get the Flash experience we deserve unless Apple and Adobe work together . . .

This is exactly what he did. Except you can't load other movies into your base app unless they are included in the ipa at compile time.

All he did was either write or port a flash app using the publish settings. I made an app that opens and zooms a nice tekwiz says **** you steve jobs animation. This isn't a flash player, this is the iphone playing an app compiled with flash CS5's iphone publish feature. This is done on windows as there is a fake cert and mobile prov. profile floating around which flash requires.

At this point I can convert, make fresh or theoretically rip a flash movie, recompile and run on iphone OR ipad. Syncing doesn't work for ipads using this fake cert so you have to ssh it in, but syncing does work for iphone apps and it just may be an issue with adding a udid or type to the mobile prov. profile.

We have flash movies running natively as apps. I'd prefer that actually, especially if Steve would vet the crap ones. Who vets your crap ones...oh, that's right, nobody....enjoy the malware which android market has ALREADY been nailed by.
    Last edited by tekwiz; 06-14-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Nice...^

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow Comex Is On A Roll, Good Job!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

AirVideo does LiveConversion to play all sorts of different movie formats ... someone should come out with an app that does realtime Flash conversion WiFi at home or peer to peer servers.

Doing live conversions is CPU intensive i noticed on my AMD Dual Core 4850e 4GB uses 90% usage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dv8ed View Post
    someone should come out with an app that does realtime Flash conversion WiFi at home or peer to peer servers.
    Did you read my original post? That is almost exactly what CloudBrowse does. Go check it out, it's free on the App Store.

Thanks
    Default what malware
    Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post

We have flash movies running natively as apps. I'd prefer that actually, especially if Steve would vet the crap ones. Who vets your crap ones...oh, that's right, nobody....enjoy the malware which android market has ALREADY been nailed by.
    What malware. IPhone os has had the most malware out of any phone company. Android has only had one that lasted 3 hours

Thanks

What malware. IPhone os has had the most malware out of any phone company. Android has only had one that lasted 3 hours

Wrooooong, try again...they had multiple banking apps from the same developer for one:

"some malicious parties, though, have tried to take advantage of the company's permissive nature. On December 22, First Tech Credit Union wrote that a "fraudster developed a rogue Android Smartphone app" that spoofs users with a fake bank interface, trying to get users to fill in their account information. That day BayPort Credit Union's mobile bank provider, MShift, announced similar concerns, stating that it had contacted Google on the December 15 about another rogue app.

It turns out that the developer -- 09Droid -- actually had a plethora of fake bank apps available on the Android Market, including apps posing as Chase, Sun Trust and Bank of America. Google has at last removed those apps from the market, explaining that they clearly violate its terms of use."

Source-a different website, google it.

December 15-22 by itself is longer than 3 hours so I don't know what you are talking about.

Please show me or link me to anytime that something like the above or below has happened:

"A new app called MemoryUp Personal appears to be responsible for the destruction of many G1 users’ memory, as stated in the comments about the app in Android’s App Market. The app, created by Peter Liu, is being called a “scam” by users in the App Market.

Receiving 10,000-50,000 downloads and with around 932 ratings at the time of writing this story, users of the app have largely spoken out against it.

The app’s description says that, “MemoryUp is a handy memory optimizer tool that will keep your Android smartphone running faster and efficiently. It is the lite edition of MemoryUp Professional, which can extraordinaryily increase you cell phone performance by making more memory available for both you applications and the mobile system.”

This all sounded great to lots of G1 users until they downloaded the app. User “kr33p1n” said, “Doesn’t work at all erased my phone numbers and froze my phone.”

One particular incident comes from user “Mark” who wrote (in all caps,) “Do not download. Destroyed my memory card/system delete. Then my email was spammed. TMobile can’t stop you from downloading this! So don’t!” In fact, many note that their SD cards were wiped totally clean.

“Mark” isn’t the only one to say things like this; in fact there are other users that say that the app puts adware on the G1. Another user by the name of “paul” said that it deleted his memory and that he lost 500 photos and a number of downloads."

-Source another different website- google it.

Where is all this iphone malware you are speaking of?

The worst I've seen with Apple was the remote exploit via MMS and they fixed that pretty damn quickly. One cannot claim any high ground in this matter when their apps aren't vetted by anyone, that is inherently more dangerous.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This site has pdfs that use flash. They work on my ipad flawlessly.
    Last edited by orbit101; 06-15-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks

Kabooom!!!!! Haha I love it! Nice post Tekwiz!

Thanks
    Default superuser
    Wrooooong, try again...they had multiple banking apps from the same developer for one:

"some malicious parties, though, have tried to take advantage of the company's permissive nature. On December 22, First Tech Credit Union wrote that a "fraudster developed a rogue Android Smartphone app" that spoofs users with a fake bank interface, trying to get users to fill in their account information. That day BayPort Credit Union's mobile bank provider, MShift, announced similar concerns, stating that it had contacted Google on the December 15 about another rogue app.

It turns out that the developer -- 09Droid -- actually had a plethora of fake bank apps available on the Android Market, including apps posing as Chase, Sun Trust and Bank of America. Google has at last removed those apps from the market, explaining that they clearly violate its terms of use."

Source-a different website, google it.

December 15-22 by itself is longer than 3 hours so I don't know what you are talking about.

Please show me or link me to anytime that something like the above or below has happened:

"A new app called MemoryUp Personal appears to be responsible for the destruction of many G1 users’ memory, as stated in the comments about the app in Android’s App Market. The app, created by Peter Liu, is being called a “scam” by users in the App Market.

Receiving 10,000-50,000 downloads and with around 932 ratings at the time of writing this story, users of the app have largely spoken out against it.

The app’s description says that, “MemoryUp is a handy memory optimizer tool that will keep your Android smartphone running faster and efficiently. It is the lite edition of MemoryUp Professional, which can extraordinaryily increase you cell phone performance by making more memory available for both you applications and the mobile system.”

This all sounded great to lots of G1 users until they downloaded the app. User “kr33p1n” said, “Doesn’t work at all erased my phone numbers and froze my phone.”

One particular incident comes from user “Mark” who wrote (in all caps,) “Do not download. Destroyed my memory card/system delete. Then my email was spammed. TMobile can’t stop you from downloading this! So don’t!” In fact, many note that their SD cards were wiped totally clean.

“Mark” isn’t the only one to say things like this; in fact there are other users that say that the app puts adware on the G1. Another user by the name of “paul” said that it deleted his memory and that he lost 500 photos and a number of downloads."

-Source another different website- google it.

Where is all this iphone malware you are speaking of?

The worst I've seen with Apple was the remote exploit via MMS and they fixed that pretty damn quickly. One cannot claim any high ground in this matter when their apps aren't vetted by anyone, that is inherently more dangerous.
    Yes they have existed. But that was when android was young. That was the g1, the first android phone that anyone had. Android has improved its security throughout all the updates. You would need superuser permissions to do that. Superuser permissions require a rooted phone, like jailbreaking. Remember the worm that went around to jailbroken iPhones with SSH? In android 2.2, no app could do any of those things. When you download an app, it shows you all the permissions the app will access eg. Contacts- read and write address book. So if you were to download that app, and realise a note-pad app wants superuser permissions, its obvious you choose not to let it.

All those apps were around android 1.1

The iPhone os has fake apps in Cydia that will make you restore your phone, even if it is because they were meant for a different iPhone os. I know because it has happened to me more than once.

The point is, if an app on iPhone/android os gets superuser permissions, they can do anything.

Thanks

Yes they have existed. But that was when android was young. That was the g1, the first android phone that anyone had. Android has improved its security throughout all the updates. You would need superuser permissions to do that. Superuser permissions require a rooted phone, like jailbreaking. Remember the worm that went around to jailbroken iPhones with SSH? In android 2.2, no app could do any of those things. When you download an app, it shows you all the permissions the app will access eg. Contacts- read and write address book. So if you were to download that app, and realise a note-pad app wants superuser permissions, its obvious you choose not to let it.

All those apps were around android 1.1

The iPhone os has fake apps in Cydia that will make you restore your phone, even if it is because they were meant for a different iPhone os. I know because it has happened to me more than once.

The point is, if an app on iPhone/android os gets superuser permissions, they can do anything.
    Uhh the main malware that made headlines and that I have referenced was a series of simple fake banking apps. It does NOT need SU privies to let you enter your bank password into it at all.

After some continued reading, I see Google tries to vet apps for malicious code now but I wonder how hard they do that, whether it is people based or software based.

No, there are no fake apps in cydia with the base repos, if you go an add some retard's untrusted repo source and download crap from him you are an idiot.

If, like you say, they are made for different OS and you install them anyways then A) THAT IS NOT MALWARE and B)YOU ARE A COMPLETE MORON unless of course it's mislabeled etc....but there are lists of which apps are safe for each OS and if you don't bother to check or don't check for a fix first, you will always end up restoring but there really are only a few honest screw ups due to those reasons that require an entire restore.

Yes I agree if the app has SU privies on either phone the app can do whatever, but like I said, the apps that were the main issue needed no SU privies. So you have unsecure NON rooted android phones vs. JAILBROKEN ONLY iphones, not quite the same. Android is still less secure.

BTW last December/This January, while android was at 2.0/2.1 version, is when these banking apps hit.
    Last edited by tekwiz; 06-16-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Typo fix

Thanks
    Uhh the main malware that made headlines and that I have referenced was a series of simple fake banking apps. It does NOT need SU privies to let you enter your bank password into it at all.

After some continued reading, I see Google tries to vet apps for malicious code now but I wonder how hard they do that, whether it is people based or software based.

No, there are no fake apps in cydia with the base repos, if you go an add some retard's untrusted repo source and download crap from him you are an idiot.

If, like you say, they are made for different OS and you install them anyways then A) THAT IS NOT MALWARE and B)YOU ARE A COMPLETE MORON unless of course it's mislabeled etc....but there are lists of which apps are safe for each OS and if you don't bother to check or don't check for a fix first, you will always end up restoring but there really are only a few honest screw ups due to those reasons that require an entire restore.

Yes I agree if the app has SU privies on either phone the app can do whatever, but like I said, the apps that were the main issue needed no SU privies. So you have unsecure NON rooted android phones vs. JAILBROKEN ONLY iphones, not quite the same. Android is still less secure.

BTW last December/This January, while android was at 2.0/2.1 version, is when these banking apps hit.
    When i meant you need su, i meant for the memory app. you kept mentioning the g1, no g1 has 2.1

Like you said, if you download an app from some retards untrusted repo source and download crap from him you are a retard- The android market is not going to baby you around. It is for big boys who know what they are doing. Only retarded people would download a banking app from some retard developer. Those apps have been removed, but they let developers upload any app to the android market so you can get a complete home screen replacement. Thats why people switch to android, to stop getting bullied by that f**ktard who chooses everything