+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cisco Taps iPhone for Corporate Social Networking

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In case you missed it, this weekend Cisco Systems announced plans to develop and introduce a new technology that will assist mobile workers in using the iPhone and iPad to
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Cisco Taps iPhone for Corporate Social Networking

In case you missed it, this weekend Cisco Systems announced plans to develop and introduce a new technology that will assist mobile workers in using the iPhone and iPad to help keep in touch both with co-workers and other relevant news and info that will make it possible for them to more efficiently do their work.

"Corporate social networking" is the terminology used to describe the essential nature of the Cisco Quad apps, which won't officially roll out for several more months. Since companies large and small are now resigned to the fact that their employees are glued to their mobile devices and corresponding social networking platforms all day, Cisco's line of thinking makes sense - why not bring social networking to the corporate environment and make the experience more productivity-oriented?

Together, these collaboration solutions offer workers a highly secure, manageable collaborative environment with video, real time instant messaging (IM) and social networking capabilities.
    Tony Bates, a senior vice president at Cisco says that his company's vision for a new work space "is about empowering organizations with a broader range of collaborative experiences." In this regard, the Quad platform will help execute the stated vision by enabling "workers within our company to have relevant content and resources pushed to them automatically versus having them spend so much time trying to find the right document, person or information."

Although Twitter and Facebook still sound like more fun all by themselves, no one is ruling out the potential success and eventual pervasiveness of Cisco's new endeavor.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmm....

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Cisco rules!!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Cisco was one stock last week that didn't post an increase on a day that 99% posted a gain. Seems like they need something to revamp their portfolio, but this is not it. If your office isn't organized by now to do this social networking in house then something is wrong. I see this as a cost that is very unnecessary.

Thanks

Interesting...

What? What else should I say?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Tell us how you really feel!

Thanks

Cisco allready is within the appstore, with several apps for quite sometime now. you need to have an existing cisco Unified Communications Manager framework for any of their actual "real" apps that will do more than just show latest news about cisco and junk.
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Don't bother with the 'M-Learning' app if you're jailbroke, however: it can tell if you are and it will wag a finger at you and refuse to run. I think the app is made for Cisco by a third party and it's purpose is to give you access to 'learning modules' that you can purchase through the 'Learning Store'.

Can't tell more than that since both my iPhone and iPad are jailbroke.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Cisco...... You know, the people Apple flat out stole iPhone from.