+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blacksn0w RC2 : No More Manual Patching

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Last week we discussed msft.guy's patching files which allowed for unlocking on iOS 4 GM. The process required some manual patching that was required to be done after any rebooting.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 277 Posts

Default Blacksn0w RC2 : No More Manual Patching

Last week we discussed msft.guy's patching files which allowed for unlocking on iOS 4 GM. The process required some manual patching that was required to be done after any rebooting. All in all, it was a rather tedious process, but a step in the direction that gets us to what we have today. Blacksn0w RC2 updated for iOS 4 GM.

The man behind this piece of software is Steve, the developer who first gave us legit PushFix.info. While the baseline work is to be credited to geohot and msft.guy, Steve has managed to package it all together in a manner that requires no manual patching.

As usual there are precautions and requirements to complete this unlock. This is release is only for the iPhone 3GS, one which has an older bootom, and of course have baseband 05.11.07. The Blacksn0w RC2 will result in a longer reboot process as it patches the phone and finds an available carrier. Once again we remind you to stay away from such unofficial unlocks unless you are a developer or have the utmost need to do so.

Steve has noted that this unlock is only temporary and that he will update it shortly after the official release of iOS 4. He has also noted that this should only be treated as a temporary solution until the official unlock is released, which he believes will be much less buggy and time consuming that this current Blacksn0w release. Could this be the last run of Blacksn0w? It just might be...

Steve will be hanging out in the forums to help answer any questions, so feel free to discuss this patch further here.

Blacksn0w RC2 : No More Manual Patching-photo-2.jpg

Source: Steve @ Pushfix.info
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blacksn0w RC2 : No More Manual Patching-photo-2-.jpg  
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 06-13-2010 at 03:31 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

Freerunnering (06-14-2010), tonnytran12000 (06-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good news for people with baseband 5.11.07. I wish I could unlocked my 3GS with baseband 5.13.04 so I would be able to sell it to a T-Mobile user.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 3Gs 3.1.3 05.12.01 unlock?
    I got my iPhone replaced by apple because it was having audio issues. Now I have a brand new 3Gs/16Gb that was - according to the serial# - manufactured this June and it is on 3.1.3 with bb 05.12.01. I jailbroke with spirit, but I cannot unlock. Is their an unlock ready for my iphone once OS 4 is out??

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nagyg For This Useful Post:

tonnytran12000 (06-16-2010)

Thanks

Quick reply: NO (T yet - as all we hope so ).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mirogster For This Useful Post:

nagyg (06-14-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I still don't get why this won't work for a 3g running 05.11.07 too. Anyone care to explain?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

there is no reason it shouldnt, it's a brute force unlock. he just didnt test on a 3G. if you do test please let us know.

Thanks

well right now there is no current way of updating a 3g to 4.0 without upgrading the baseband... so that's why it doesn't work yet with a 3g
    iPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    I still don't get why this won't work for a 3g running 05.11.07 too. Anyone care to explain?
    Completely different hardware. Easy enough explanation for you?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lild7hina View Post
    well right now there is no current way of updating a 3g to 4.0 without upgrading the baseband... so that's why it doesn't work yet with a 3g
    Really? what about this---> Jailbreak Firmware 4.0 on iPhone 3G GM with PwnageTool without refreshing the baseband - iHelplounge

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    It would work on the 3G, but there is no custom PwnageTool bundle to install iOS 4 without upgrading the baseband. It takes several hours to create a bundle because patches have to be made to 6 items in the firmware IPSW. Msft.guy came up with the changes for 4.0b4 and GM on a 3GS, but has not done it for the 3G.

Upon 4.0 release, the dev team or others like msft.guy will develop all the necessary bundles to create custom firmware.

Thanks for the link, but they don't have the proper PwnageTool bundle to work on a 3G either.

This is the bundle you would need: iPhone1,2_4.0_8A2943.bundle

And as far as I know, it doesn't exist yet. Only iPhone2,1_4.0_8A2943.bundle exists, which is only going to work on a 3GS.
    Last edited by Pushfix; 06-13-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pushfix View Post
    Thanks for the link, but they don't have the proper PwnageTool bundle to work on a 3G either.

This is the bundle you would need: iPhone1,2_4.0_8A2943.bundle

And as far as I know, it doesn't exist yet. Only iPhone2,1_4.0_8A2943.bundle exists, which is only going to work on a 3GS.

Oh....Ok..... wierd....

Cuz the description of the package in cydia says:
    Use on Modem Firmware 05.11.07 ONLY!

V1.2: Support for 4.0 GM. Backwards compatible to 3.1.2/3 as well. V1.1: MyWi tethering fix

Geohot’s unlock for 3.1.2/3.1.3/4.0GM on the iPhone 3GS (and probably 3G). Please donate at blackweather if you enjoy.

With 3.1.3 & 4.0 GM patch (when needed) by msft.guy. Packaged by Pushfix.info

This is an unofficial release but Geohot HAS given me permission to redistribute blacksn0w. All known issues with WiFi loss and boot loops seem to be fixed. If it doesn’t work for some reason, you should still get the SpringBoard. This allows you to uninstall if necessary. It is a little slower to boot because of the increased safety of the release. A 3GS boots to cell connection established in about 90 seconds in iOS 4 now (50% slower than 3.1.X).

Improvements may be made in the future.
    Maybe thats just saying it will work with the 3G once there is a working way to restore with custom Firmware 4.0 without upgrading baseband.
    Last edited by bobjones323; 06-13-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, what would happen if I were to donwload and run this on a 3.1.3, bb 05.12.01 iPhone 3GS??
    Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobjones323 View Post
    Maybe thats just saying it will work with the 3G once there is a working way to restore with custom Firmware 4.0 without upgrading baseband.
    Right, that's what I meant in the package description. It's just that it wasn't tested on a 3G, so I put probably.

Thanks

Right, that's what I meant in the package description. It's just that it wasn't tested on a 3G, so I put probably.
    K, cool. Well, I guess ill just have to wait till the release of iOS4 to get an official jailbreak tool.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pauloch View Post
    So, what would happen if I were to donwload and run this on a 3.1.3, bb 05.12.01 iPhone 3GS??
    Thanks!
    The package would not install. It checks to make sure you have 05.11.07 before it installs.

If you force installed it, in theory it should do nothing and you would still have a locked phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The package would not install. It checks to make sure you have 05.11.07 before it installs.

If you force installed it, in theory it should do nothing and you would still have a locked phone.
    Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When u guys say IOS 4...yall talking the upgrade to 4.0 or the New phone 4G....and when will unlock come for the new iphone 4G out on the 24th?

Thanks

I have a 3G waiting to be unlocked for tmobile so I can give as a gift for graduating with honors!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when will unlock come for the New Iphone 4G coming out on the 24th...my T mobile service with iphone depends on it when i get it!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

No one can reliably answer when the new unlocks are coming out. There is no point in asking, although I can understand your frustration. I don't make unlocks, so I'm just trying to keep existing unlocks going as long as possible.

iOS 4 refers to the new OS, which is leaked and available for the 3GS in an unlockable form. The iPhone 4 will most likely not be unlockable for some time, unless Apple reused the baseband from the 3GS in the iPhone 4. It's possible as they did that with the 3G to the 3GS. But it's more likely they switched to a new design.