+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blacksn0w RC2 : No More Manual Patching

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by BenzoHartt I've been using this unlock for the past 24-36 hours. It works great! However... I cant receive MMS after unlocking. :-( i keep getting the "
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post
    I've been using this unlock for the past 24-36 hours. It works great!

However... I cant receive MMS after unlocking. :-( i keep getting the "The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction" message. Is anyone else having this issue? If not, can you tell me EXACTLY what you did to not have it. I've tried all of the MMS settings, i can send but not receive.
    Yes!! I'm having the exact same issue. Everything else works pretty much flawleslly, but the MMS is bugging me. I can send, but cannot receive. Just get the same "content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction" message. The IPCC hacks and cydia packages no longer work, as they remove the ability to edit cellular data info. Manually entering in settings does indeed work, but no matter what, I can't get a picture to come in. Anyone have any ideas?!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to n1c3jack3t For This Useful Post:

BenzoHartt (06-14-2010)

Thanks

hmmmm i'm assuming we used different jailbreak methods cuz i didn't use a custom firmware.

i just restored to 4.0 and then used redsn0w. when it rebooted, the cydia icon was white and had no sources. then i added that source i posted up there ^, and the community sources are listed but i get a bunch of errors when refreshing/installing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    hmmmm i'm assuming we used different jailbreak methods cuz i didn't use a custom firmware.

i just restored to 4.0 and then used redsn0w. when it rebooted, the cydia icon was white and had no sources. then i added that source i posted up there ^, and the community sources are listed but i get a bunch of errors when refreshing/installing.
    do you still have the same baseband? i followed the instructions here:Unlock iOS 4.0 with Blacksn0w | Redmond Pie Somewhere in the instructions it mentions having to replace the old cydia with something updated... I'm not sure how i can help more, so good luck.

Thanks

Thanks for the link benzo, I wasn't able to fix my problem so I just decided to downgrade back to 3.1.2 until I hear of a fix.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    Thanks for the link benzo, I wasn't able to fix my problem so I just decided to downgrade back to 3.1.2 until I hear of a fix.
    No Prob man... you gave it a shot. Only a week or so left.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post
    do you still have the same baseband? i followed the instructions here:Unlock iOS 4.0 with Blacksn0w | Redmond Pie Somewhere in the instructions it mentions having to replace the old cydia with something updated... I'm not sure how i can help more, so good luck.
    after following the instructions from the website Jailbreak iOS 4 GM iPhone 3G – update 11/06 | iOS4 Gold Master Jailbreak I managed to fix Cydia, but the problem is, I tried running Fuzzyband and failed to downgrade. I have a 3G with 5.08 bootloader

edit: I downgraded to 3.1.3. I saw somewhere, to make the downgrade work in iOS 4 you need to delete a file with the name *SAFETY* in mobilesubstrate folder. I'll try again.
    Last edited by mjothman; 06-14-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjothman View Post
    after following the instructions from the website Jailbreak iOS 4 GM iPhone 3G update 11/06 | iOS4 Gold Master Jailbreak I managed to fix Cydia, but the problem is, I tried running Fuzzyband and failed to downgrade. I have a 3G with 5.08 bootloader

edit: I downgraded to 3.1.3. I saw somewhere, to make the downgrade work in iOS 4 you need to delete a file with the name *SAFETY* in mobilesubstrate folder. I'll try again.
    wOw! You're officially out of my realm friend. I've never had to go through so many things for an unlock. :-( Good Luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjothman View Post
    after following the instructions from the website Jailbreak iOS 4 GM iPhone 3G update 11/06 | iOS4 Gold Master Jailbreak I managed to fix Cydia, but the problem is, I tried running Fuzzyband and failed to downgrade. I have a 3G with 5.08 bootloader

that's strange, once i gave up and downgraded to 3.1.2 fuzzyband worked perfectly.

that link allowed you to fix cydia? as in all the errors when refreshing and using the sources?

now i'm tempted to try again hahaha....

Thanks

Guess my question was missed.

Thanks

downgraded to 04.26.08. both ultrasn0w and blacksn0w rc1 and 2 got me stuck at boot.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123