Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Big Are iPhone 4 Photos and Video?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    I'm not good with math but did I read this right...118MB NOT GB of storage for every 1 minute of 720p video (roughly of course?) If so then the 16GB will def work for me. I read on here a few days ago where someone was claiming the phone would eat up about 1GB of 720p per minute! I wonder where he got that calculation from?
    Yeah, based on my latest update on my post, 118 MBytes per min for full 1280x720 HD recording.

I actually think this is the high end of the possible range of storage. If Apple is able to crank up the compression with the faster CPU in the iPhone 4 it could be as little as 79 MBytes per min. My guess is it will fall somewhere between those 2 numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilsaint View Post
    hmph last year i convinced myself to get the 16 gb cus i had the ipod nano 5g thinking id lisn to music on it while keeping my iphone empty it really dint work out that way for some reason i felt i must lisn to music from my iphone and ended filling it up :P
    Yeah, I was the same way with my iPhone 3G. Figured I would use my 80GB iPod which was filled to about 60GB for music so I could have all my music. I realized I had a lot of music that I just had to have, but never listened too. So making some better playlist I'm able to get by with just my iPhone for the past year and half or so.
    Last edited by Justin13; 06-14-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I want the 1 petrabyte iPhone.

It has a lot of nice features.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

i too am having this debate

U-se-ful-post

tnx!

got my 32 on the way

Update on this, sample video shows that it comes out to about 83.4 MB/ min. So this was on the lower side of my 79 MB/ min @ 60:1 compression to 118 MB/ min @ 40:1 compression.

The pictures came out to about 2.6 MB, just a touch more than my 2.7 MB estimate.

More Here:
    iPhone 4 picture and HD video sizes confirmed, gets upgraded video compression | When Will Apple?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345