+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Big Are iPhone 4 Photos and Video?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
They should have put an micro SD card slot in, hopefully next year they'll put a micro SD slot and a 64GB option .
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

They should have put an micro SD card slot in, hopefully next year they'll put a micro SD slot and a 64GB option .

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Yes, folks, time for a paradigm shift: think connectivity, not storage. It's a networked device- store in the cloud. You don't lose stuff that way when a device crashes, breaks, is lost or stolen.

Thanks

64gb would need 2 chips if I'm not mistaking....and because the ipad isn't a phone,it's capable of the dual....hope that answers alot of the "why not/when 64gb phone",not enough space.

Thanks

32gigs for me please

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I don't think they will ever do this. I don't disagree with you though. It would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Yes, folks, time for a paradigm shift: think connectivity, not storage. It's a networked device- store in the cloud. You don't lose stuff that way when a device crashes, breaks, is lost or stolen.
    Perhaps, but with ATT cracking the whip on data usage this can be problematic.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 06-13-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Tell that to Sidekick owners LOL
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theimapwnu View Post
    32gb black for me

i always buy the highend, is it really that worth to save $100? I pay more than that for my plan monthly! Also the resale value will be higher
    The difference in resale value is always about $100 difference; has been so pretty much every year. I wouldn't say that adding 16 gigs makes it the "high end". It is the same phones, just with less storage. Another way to look at it is $100 for 16 additional gigs of space. That's over $5 a gig! Pretty expensive if you look at it that way. I imagine the difference in production costs is only a couple of bucks too.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I really thought it was going to be 32 and 64. Ughh. I wish I had an extra 100 dollars

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    I have both Navigon and TomTom and they both come at around 1.5 Gb each in size. But you can SSH into the app and delete the maps of the states you don't need - which takes it down to about 300Mb. Still think Navigon is superior and I'll probably delete TomTom when I get low on space.
    I agree. Navigon on the iPhone is superior to anything I have ever used, including stand alone GPS units. We got rid of our Garmin recently because Navigon is just that good.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

Masterz1337 (06-13-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    grrrr where is the 64 version?
    This is apple were talking about... 64gb is for the next version, iphone 4s ? lol

Thanks
    Does the Iphone 3gs have a built-in gps device or it use the internet to track where you go? Doesn't i4 ( iphone 4 ) have a built-in GPS device so it won't need a internet to track where you are going?

Thanks

@gafu you're right

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

16GB sounds good for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

YEAH, why doesn't Apple release 64gb versions, or SS versions, or expansion-friendly versions!? Because as much as some of you think saturating releases with a billion options is the way to go, Apple obviously doesn't agree with that philosophy...and I don't either. I'd rather have this than have "iPhone Home Edition, "iPhone Business Edition", "iPhone Enterprise Edition", etc.

If you wanna walk around and record your life on the video camera, sync them to your computer, it has a giant SSHD because that's what it's made for, and the iPhone doesn't because that's not what it was made for. Obviously we'd all like 10mp cameras on the front and back, 1080 recording capability, wifi transfer speeds everywhere, and a massive HD to store it all on, but lets get serious for a second.

I feel like some of you would blindly ***** about anything that got released...some of you would be the ones going "well this is cool, but why didn't they make a hot pink version that goes 100mph and doesn't need fuel" when Ford made the Model T.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If it's done the Apple way, they'll release a 64 gig version in Nov/Dec, when everyone that bought the 16gb/32gb version are NOT eligible for an upgrade. That's what they did with the first gen iPhone, quietly released a 16gb version at the end of the same year, when all the early adopters had 4gb/8gb models...

straight from brooklyn better know as crooklyn (crooklyn dodgers)
    Thanks

Well me I always get the most gig no matter what the price is ready for my 32gig white iPhone 4.. This is all the iPhone I got (8gig siver black/16gig 3g black/32gig 3gs white.... Soon iPhone 4 32gig white. My music collection is no joke why? You ask beacause I imported my lps/sinlges/albums in my iTunes keep in my my music collection is from a-to z (1990-till infinity) all classics vintage real hip hop.... If you are real hip hop head you know what am talking about... But yeah I was happy when they said 64gig I was like oh yeah lol.... See my music is my drug simple as that without my music I go crazy.... Peace

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    Well I have 4.34 GB free on my 3GS 16GB with 5.74 GB being used for music, 235.8 MB for photos,3.45 GB apps and 552.8 MB in other. So I think I will be safe having a 16GB iPhone 4 or should I save a bit longer and get the 32GB?

Help Please!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I's a little hard to give you help on this. Only YOU truly know what you would use it for. I plan on using it semi-frequently as a supplemental vlogging camera, so I know the additional space is going to be worth it for me. If you don't plan on shooting videos, I wouldn't bother bumping it to 32 gigs.

You've got a point there, but also bear in mind that the iphone 4 comes with a faster processor, higher resolution screen, better camera, a gyroscope, accelerometer...all these features will definitely be exploited by devs in the way of apps, and their potentials tested...

16GB should be adequate if you're not a heavy duty user, but when push comes to shove, and depending on how much you use the iphone 4 and for what, I'd say more room is definitely better
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 06-13-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stash459 View Post
    my music collection is from a-to z (1990-till infinity)
    1990 till infinity?
    So no real music then?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Masterz1337 (06-13-2010), mortopher (06-13-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the GPS advice guys, I guess it's the 16 gig for me then. Navigon is 50% off in the Appstore right now, for anyone else considering getting it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I know as a fact, that they use two 32gb chips on the touch. and the iphone has only space for one chip, BUT toshiba made a 64gb chip this year some time in february. So they were able to make a 64GB version. It would've been more expensive though.