+ Reply
Page 1 of 20 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Latest iPhone 4 Preorder Info From AT&T

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
By now, anyone resolved to purchase a new iPhone is well aware of the June 15th pre-order date and the June 24th market arrival of the 4th generation iPhone. But
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default The Latest iPhone 4 Preorder Info From AT&T

By now, anyone resolved to purchase a new iPhone is well aware of the June 15th pre-order date and the June 24th market arrival of the 4th generation iPhone. But this weekend, we're learning more about AT&T's efforts to help customers "get iPhone 4 as quickly and efficiently as possible."

According to AT&T, anyone planning to pre-order their Apple smartphone can do so at any AT&T retail store nationwide or online beginning June 15th. This year, however, AT&T is trying something new - offering customers the option to ship pre-orders directly to their home or business for delivery as soon as launch day. Best of all, to help you keep tabs on the arrival of your new toy, AT&T will not only send out the obligatory email to confirm that the order has been placed, but also a second email to confirm that the iPhone 4 has actually shipped.

Credit cards won't be charged until the order is shipped. And don't forget that debit cards can't be used to pre-order.

As anyone who has purchased an iPhone from AT&T in the past knows, typically a customer sales rep will assist in activating the device. This time around, customers who order their device through AT&T and have it shipped directly to their home are advised to "follow the instructions included with the shipment." That's AT&T's way of kindly telling you to do it yourself. Of course, if you buy your iPhone 4 in an actual AT&T store, you'll still get assistance activating it before you go home. AT&T says that customers performing an exchange for iPhone 4 "must activate in an AT&T store."

Although there has been some confusion on the Internet regarding how many devices you're allowed to pre-order, AT&T is setting the record straight. AT&T stores will "sell one iPhone 4 per person for new customers, and one device per household for new orders placed online." Similarly, existing customers "may purchase one per eligible telephone number online" or through an AT&T store.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

apoc (06-13-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me DJM AutoWerkz's Avatar
    Thanks

So a debit card with a visa or MasterCard logo won't be allowed to preorder ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm planning on exchanging my new 3GS for the iPhone 4. Wonder if I can still preorder online and then do the exchange in store? Since "AT&T says that customers performing an exchange for iPhone 4 "must activate in an AT&T store." I wonder if I'd have to do everything in store?

Fox
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    I used my Wells Fargo Debit Card with Visa Logo last year for the 3GS with no problem.. I don't see why not
    Last edited by Fox; 06-12-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks

just like the iPad
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wtf atnt needs to drop this stupid upgrade eligibility half discount on the iphone .why cant we just get the full discount .....im not payin 400$$--500$$ for a 16 gig iphone and sign a new 2 year contract. IF ima do that i might as well just pay the retail price and only have one year left on my contract and move to verizon
    hoping apple does the same next year

ATNT is really rubbin me the wrong way with all this bull same goes for the new data plans

4 years!!!!! with atnt and im getttin ******

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

no no, those are debit/credit cards... those are fine.

Mine is like that, it can be used for credit or debit.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iPhone3G[S] For This Useful Post:

Dr. House (06-12-2010), k.nitsua (06-13-2010), PlatoTheForms (06-12-2010), StevenB (06-14-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Most debit cards can do debit, you just have to make sure that you ask them to charge it ad credit

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i work for at&t

from what i know it has to be an actual CREDIT CARD. No where on it can it say DEBIT.

ill double check tomorrow

12. The Following User Says Thank You to trupimp714 For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (06-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kickerman65's Avatar
    Thanks

What exactly does "Performing an exchange" mean?
    Ive upgraded in the past but ive always kept my old iphone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by titee00 View Post
    wtf atnt needs to drop this stupid upgrade eligibility half discount on the iphone .why cant we just get the full discount .....im not payin 400$$--500$$ for a 16 gig iphone and sign a new 2 year contract. IF ima do that i might as well just pay the retail price and only have one year left on my contract and move to verizon
    hoping apple does the same next year

ATNT is really rubbin me the wrong way with all this bull same goes for the new data plans

4 years!!!!! with atnt and im getttin ******
    So you are going to upgrade, but then still complain? BTW, verizon doesn't allow any early upgrades for Android phones. Guess you will whine like a little girl there too
    Really?

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eg6motion For This Useful Post:

clikzip (06-13-2010), Dust Busta (06-12-2010), Poseidon79 (06-13-2010), rubenmer5 (06-13-2010), vampyre (06-14-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can use debit as long as it is processed as credit, which means if you're gonna use your debit than you need to be in an AT&T store to order. See ya then!

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

I beleave the exchange that's if someone that purchased an iPhone 3gs within the return time that AT&T has can exhange it for a new iPhone!

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

On the ATT site, it says that you can dial *NEW# from your Iphone to see if you are eligible for the upgrade to Iphone 4...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there
    I`m planing to buy a no commitment iphone4 , so I wanted to know how can I pre order it and when will I receive it?

thanks for answering
    Mat

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dbizzy1 View Post
    You can use debit as long as it is processed as credit, which means if you're gonna use your debit than you need to be in an AT&T store to order. See ya then!
    I agree with your first point but the second one not necessarily. In the past I've bought pre-ordered the iPhone with my Chase Visa debit card. One must of course have sufficient funds in the account; and even not sufficient funds I think the transaction will go through and you end up paying whatever bank service charges your bank has.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn!!!! I gotta pay my bill first!!! I can do that......

Green Apple
    Thanks

when are we actually gunna hear from att if we can exchange our phones? i purchased a 3GS on may 8th so i am in the time period and def want to do the exchange.. i really want to hear it from them tho.. apparently i will be able to preorder for the exchange too..

Thanks

any word on when the pre-order sites go live??

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think when they say no debit card your card has to have visa/mastercard logo on it. I wanna know what time we can order online. Does anyone know?