Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 386

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: The Latest iPhone 4 Preorder Info From AT&T

  1. #41
    all of you are idiots,why do you care so much about preordering,does it really matter if you have it first?why so you can be a annoying ***** shoving it in peoples faces?

    heres a few reasons why not to preorder

    remember when the first iphone came out and all the digitizers were failing so people couldnt slide to unlock,how about the iphone 3g and its yellow screen,or the ipad with its wifi issues?all new devices are likley to have issues that get sorted out in the first few weeks.

    why would you buy a device thats so expensive when youve never even played with one,maybe it sucks?you dont know ,you would be wasteing your money.
    so suck it up and wait a few weeks

    theres not point in getting so hyped up about a piece of metal that you make a big lapse in judgment,number one rule when buying anything! try it out first.would you buy a car without test driving it,or buy pants?no you wouldnt, so why buy a iphone? cause all mighty steve says its revolutionary pssh dont be such sheep
    Last edited by Williamdta; 06-12-2010 at 11:35 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamdta View Post
    all of you are idiots,why do you care so much about preordering,does it really matter if you have it first?why so you can be a annoying ***** shoving it in peoples faces?

    heres a few reasons why not to preorder

    remember when the first iphone came out and all the digitizers were failing so people couldnt slide to unlock,how about the iphone 3g and its yellow screen,or the ipad with its wifi issues?

    also why would you buy a device thats so expensive when youve never even played with one,maybe it sucks?you dont know ,you would be wasteing your money.
    so suck it up and wait a few weeks

    theres not point in getting so hyped up about a piece of metal that you make a big lapse in judgment,number one rule when buying anything! try it out first.would you buy a car without test driving it,or buy pants?no you wouldnt, so why buy a iphone? cause all mighty steve says its revolutionary pssh dont be such sheep
    ya the craze is pretty dumb.. but thats why they make a 30 day return policy...

  3. #43
    Quick question how the hell are we gunna get the tmobile sim card to work if the new phone uses a micro one?

  4. #44
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    Any benefits on pre-ordering through Apple.com vs. AT&T website?

    Quote Originally Posted by blast123 View Post
    Quick question how the hell are we gunna get the tmobile sim card to work if the new phone uses a micro one?
    You just have to cut it. There's many sites that show you how
    Last edited by adp; 06-12-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamdta View Post
    all of you are idiots,why do you care so much about preordering,does it really matter if you have it first?why so you can be a annoying ***** shoving it in peoples faces?

    heres a few reasons why not to preorder

    remember when the first iphone came out and all the digitizers were failing so people couldnt slide to unlock,how about the iphone 3g and its yellow screen,or the ipad with its wifi issues?all new devices are likley to have issues that get sorted out in the first few weeks.

    why would you buy a device thats so expensive when youve never even played with one,maybe it sucks?you dont know ,you would be wasteing your money.
    so suck it up and wait a few weeks

    theres not point in getting so hyped up about a piece of metal that you make a big lapse in judgment,number one rule when buying anything! try it out first.would you buy a car without test driving it,or buy pants?no you wouldnt, so why buy a iphone? cause all mighty steve says its revolutionary pssh dont be such sheep
    im selling my old phone so i need a new one asap i dont want to wait a week or two if they sell out, idiot. people have there reasons its nothing about being cool.

    if it messes up o well u have a year to easily replace it

  6. #46
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    951
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 81 Times in 64 Posts

    That's almost like it was last year, but worse.

    Last year I used my debit card (with a Mastercard logo if that means anything) to pre-order like 2 days before launch day and it arrived at my house on launch day. Was even able to track it online until it got to my house. I was at work and I even got to see who signed for the phone (my sister).

    But yeah, I hope you're wrong and it just goes how it did last year. I'm perfectly fine with that way.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

    If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

  7. #47
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iRoach74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    when exactly on the 15th will you be able to order it on apple.com? will it just go up at midnight, or some random time throughout the day?

  8. #48
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,535
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    I am going to order off from Apple.com myself.

    "Always remember your special and unique!"

  9. #49
    I bet your visa/mc debit card will work. If you make a purchase online it doesnt ask you please punch in your pin number. You cant. I work for a bank.

    I dont think its legal for at&t to impose these rules all of a sudden. Thats why im gonna order on the apple site.
    Last edited by Tate002; 06-12-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #50
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,224
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 115 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Williamdta View Post
    all of you are idiots,why do you care so much about preordering,does it really matter if you have it first?why so you can be a annoying ***** shoving it in peoples faces?

    heres a few reasons why not to preorder

    remember when the first iphone came out and all the digitizers were failing so people couldnt slide to unlock,how about the iphone 3g and its yellow screen,or the ipad with its wifi issues?all new devices are likley to have issues that get sorted out in the first few weeks.

    why would you buy a device thats so expensive when youve never even played with one,maybe it sucks?you dont know ,you would be wasteing your money.
    so suck it up and wait a few weeks

    theres not point in getting so hyped up about a piece of metal that you make a big lapse in judgment,number one rule when buying anything! try it out first.would you buy a car without test driving it,or buy pants?no you wouldnt, so why buy a iphone? cause all mighty steve says its revolutionary pssh dont be such sheep
    I can borrow you the money if that is your problem, I think you dont have it to make your preorder...
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  11. #51
    Ok its like 12 midnight here in Mississippi. I just called apple spoke with a rep in sales and asked hef specifically would they take my back card that has visa/mc logo and she said YES as long as the funds were in your accout

    I think this is just propaganda just to throw people off from being first to get your phone.

  12. #52
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,224
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 115 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by accordboyv6 View Post
    Officially AT&T will NOT accept debit cards regardless if it says Visa/MC. Let me repeat that... if your card is NOT a line of credit it will not be accepted.

    and one more time just to be clear... If your card says DEBIT on it or check card, ect AT&T will not allow you to pre-order and you must wait until the launch date.

    This reasoning is because we do not actually charge the card till it ships. What was happening was AT&T would pre-auth and HOLD the funds. Since debit cards can't HOLD the funds only charge then the system would pre-auth wait and then charge 2 weeks later when it shipped. People can call to dispute charges cause they would forget or whatever the reason is and make off with a 3GS. Now I know your gonna say I doubt im gonna forget that I bought an iPhone, but it happens.

    As for the exchange... if you are within the 45 day extended return policy and you DID NOT pay $149 for 3GS 16 or $199 for 32 then you must have your order sent to the store because we have to verify that you are going to return the phone and not make off with 2 discounted phones.

    Remember... 3GS's that were purchased for $149 (16) and 199 (32) are closeout priced iPhones and CAN NOT be returned (At least here in Cali).

    Hopefully this will clear up things.

    My Source is my Boss.. and internal memos. Happy Buying!
    A debit card with a visa or master card logo is a line of credit, if it appears in your credit report as "revolving" it is and you can use it, but if it is a prepaid debit card like those that you have to pay money or recharche to use them, I think those dont work. Yes we can, want to bid on it? I think your boss is wrong, just because he is your boss means he cant be wrong, I used my debit card with visa logo before with ATT with no problem. You will see. Tell your boss he need to go to training again.
    Last edited by javiert30; 06-13-2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  13. #53
    My local AT&T store said that ship-to-home/store won't arive until the 25th, and advised us to wait in line. (just like we have the past 3 years) I'm confused.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamdta View Post
    all of you are idiots,why do you care so much about preordering,does it really matter if you have it first?why so you can be a annoying ***** shoving it in peoples faces?

    heres a few reasons why not to preorder

    remember when the first iphone came out and all the digitizers were failing so people couldnt slide to unlock,how about the iphone 3g and its yellow screen,or the ipad with its wifi issues?all new devices are likley to have issues that get sorted out in the first few weeks.

    why would you buy a device thats so expensive when youve never even played with one,maybe it sucks?you dont know ,you would be wasteing your money.
    so suck it up and wait a few weeks

    theres not point in getting so hyped up about a piece of metal that you make a big lapse in judgment,number one rule when buying anything! try it out first.would you buy a car without test driving it,or buy pants?no you wouldnt, so why buy a iphone? cause all mighty steve says its revolutionary pssh dont be such sheep


    Oh god this is the stupidest thing i've heard all day.
    First off you need to remember what site your posting on. Its called Modmyi. You know... as in an apple enthusiast forum. People are here because they like apple products and of course they are going to want them as soon as they are released.

    Second off i have owned every iphone since day one and never had a problem with any of them (Besides what i caused myself) or disliked any of them. Apple has had four generations experience of iphone building to perfect this one and i doubt that i will have any major issues with it. Im sure this will be the best iphone to date as was my 3GS and im going to enjoy it from day one of the release while you wait till who knows how long because everyone is sold out.

  15. #55
    So no one knows if I can use just cash to preorder?

  16. #56
    So the people who pre-order the phone on June 15th with their card won't get charge until the June 24th when they ship it?

    I get paid next week on the 18th so I really want to pre-order it as soon as possible. I'm selling my 3gs 32gb to my friend for around $250 because I could barely connect to 3g network on the phone and this phone will be my savior. Hope unlimited data will still my $30 on my account.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airbrushkid View Post
    So no one knows if I can use just cash to preorder?

    What about the prepaid card? I don't know if it could be use or not. Try to find out.
    Last edited by Saosindeath; 06-13-2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by accordboyv6 View Post
    Officially AT&T will NOT accept debit cards regardless if it says Visa/MC. Let me repeat that... if your card is NOT a line of credit it will not be accepted.

    and one more time just to be clear... If your card says DEBIT on it or check card, ect AT&T will not allow you to pre-order and you must wait until the launch date.

    This reasoning is because we do not actually charge the card till it ships. What was happening was AT&T would pre-auth and HOLD the funds. Since debit cards can't HOLD the funds only charge then the system would pre-auth wait and then charge 2 weeks later when it shipped. People can call to dispute charges cause they would forget or whatever the reason is and make off with a 3GS. Now I know your gonna say I doubt im gonna forget that I bought an iPhone, but it happens.

    As for the exchange... if you are within the 45 day extended return policy and you DID NOT pay $149 for 3GS 16 or $199 for 32 then you must have your order sent to the store because we have to verify that you are going to return the phone and not make off with 2 discounted phones.

    Remember... 3GS's that were purchased for $149 (16) and 199 (32) are closeout priced iPhones and CAN NOT be returned (At least here in Cali).

    Hopefully this will clear up things.

    My Source is my Boss.. and internal memos. Happy Buying!
    Sorry, but you're just plain wrong on this one. I've worked in the credit card processing industry for several years (interchange, PCI compliance... just throwing around a few buzz words to help me establish street cred) but you most certainly can auth a debit card providing that it has a V/MC logo on it. It will work absolutely the same as any other credit card. So, for all you people with debit cards out there with a Visa or MasterCard logo, you'll be just fine.

    A more accurate thing to say would be that pin-based debit cards are not allowed. Meaning a debit card in which the mode of transaction is pin-based. If you used that same exact card but signature based, you're in the clear.
    Last edited by stevelucky; 06-13-2010 at 12:45 AM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post

    Credit cards won't be charged until the order is shipped. And don't forget that debit cards can't be used to pre-order.
    quite untrue there Messany. ANY debit card with a Visa or Mastercard logo on it will default to credit which in fact makes it essentially a pre-paid credit card. its only debit cards that DONT have these logos that wont work.

    pffhhhaa i just realized a good majority of the people ahead of me just said the same thing.
    Last edited by rhekt; 06-13-2010 at 01:00 AM.
    killall Terminal[]

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to rhekt For This Useful Post:

    Channan (06-13-2010)

  20. #59
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    661, CA
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Does anyone got info on going about buying the new 32gb iPhone 4 at its full retail price!? Like what do you got to do... Completely lost on that process, been looking for info, as I just want to buy it for use with ****** T-Mobile.

  21. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by titee00 View Post
    wtf atnt needs to drop this stupid upgrade eligibility half discount on the iphone .why cant we just get the full discount .....im not payin 400$$--500$$ for a 16 gig iphone and sign a new 2 year contract. IF ima do that i might as well just pay the retail price and only have one year left on my contract and move to verizon
    hoping apple does the same next year

    ATNT is really rubbin me the wrong way with all this bull same goes for the new data plans

    4 years!!!!! with atnt and im getttin ******
    Ok so your not getting it right? ok thats fine just another one away from making sure ill be getting one.... but seriously if you dont want it go to verizon.... i also have a year left in my contract but i am still eligible for a full discount.... it has to do with how much you spend, plan, lines, contract....

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •