Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Latest iPhone 4 Preorder Info From AT&T

Jesus, all these people on AT&T. Can't even tell this is a jailbreaking/unlocking site.

So what does the order online mean? Can I get away with not activating on AT&T?

I think im gonna order mine from the apple site. I somewhat feel better. What do yall think?

Why wouldn't you order from Apple.com? I'm being totally serious. What benefit does ordering through AT&T's site offer?

wait, does this mean that it's being sold like the first iphone where we can pay $200 for the phone and then never activating it, hack it, unlock it, and being able to use it without a contract?

So I wonder, I'm on a Family Plan and my sister's line is eligible for an early upgrade for an iPhone 4. So if I pre-order on her line have them to send me the phone via mail, the automative system will activate the phone to her line. I wonder can att switch the phone to my line over the phone or will i have to take it to the store?

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    What exactly does "Performing an exchange" mean?
    Ive upgraded in the past but ive always kept my old iphone.
    This is what im not understanding either, what is this exchange all about? Does this mean I cant sell my old 3GS and keep it if I want to "upgrade"? I have to give my old 3GS to ATT?

If servers go down,like it did last year or the year before with iTunes,they simply ship your butt home and tell you to activate it
    home.my wifes phone got stolen,so I added a third line,got a 3gs,and will pre order the i4,just to cancel 3rd line and be happy again! (:

Green Apple
    Thanks

Exclamation ..
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    What exactly does "Performing an exchange" mean?
    Ive upgraded in the past but ive always kept my old iphone.
    i think this may be the people who just bought iphones and want to switch the iphone 4 instead

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    So a debit card with a visa or MasterCard logo won't be allowed to preorder ?
    I chat with one representative of ATT and he told me if your debit card have a visa or master card logo, you can use it.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @bobright: No. You can keep your 3GS and/or sell it if you want. But if you just recently bought your 3GS and you are still qualify in the return time period, you can exchange it for the iPhone 4. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    This is what im not understanding either, what is this exchange all about? Does this mean I cant sell my old 3GS and keep it if I want to "upgrade"? I have to give my old 3GS to ATT?

The iPhone Exchange only applies if you bought an iPhone 3GS between May 7 and June 7 2010. If you did they can give that 3GS back to AT&T in Exchange for an iPhone 4.
    If you bought a 3GS any other time its yours forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sam3173's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trupimp714 View Post
    i work for at&t

from what i know it has to be an actual CREDIT CARD. No where on it can it say DEBIT.

ill double check tomorrow
    So am I SOL if my card says debit and I go to an AT&T store to try and place my order? What if I can pay for it then?

Quote Originally Posted by sam3173 View Post
    So am I SOL if my card says debit and I go to an AT&T store to try and place my order? What if I can pay for it then?
    With a debit card some banks won't process the purchase if you don't have the funds. A credit card on the other hand will always process the funds and then slap you with fees. If you can only pay with a credit card and not a debit card that means AT&T is not going to take any chances on if they get their money or not.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nebulis For This Useful Post:

sam3173 (06-13-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    So you are going to upgrade, but then still complain? BTW, verizon doesn't allow any early upgrades for Android phones. Guess you will whine like a little girl there too
    so im suppose to just shut up about it and let atnt screw me .......go jump of a cliff!!!! i bet u the type of person that goes through life getting punked around and doing nothing about it

i been with atnt since the first iphone and i always get a early upgrade and i have 2 lines with them .....now all of a sudden they wanna change up the deal and im suppose to not care ..not say something about it PLEASE!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sam3173 View Post
    You should be good, man.
    I use my Wells Fargo Visa/debit card to rent a car all the time. FYI: Renting a car requires a credit card.

They will slide your card to reserve some funds from your checking account - the amount you will be paying for the items - that's how it works. So make sure you have enough to cover the cost.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Good for AT&T. Does anyone know any pre-order information for Telus Mobility?

Quote Originally Posted by nebulis View Post
    The iPhone Exchange only applies if you bought an iPhone 3GS between May 7 and June 7 2010. If you did they can give that 3GS back to AT&T in Exchange for an iPhone 4.
    ya i bought mine on may 8th.. i just havnt seen anything other than internet rumors about this.. nothing officially posted from att..

Quote Originally Posted by mrmikey05 View Post
    @bobright: No. You can keep your 3GS and/or sell it if you want. But if you just recently bought your 3GS and you are still qualify in the return time period, you can exchange it for the iPhone 4. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by nebulis View Post
    Thanks for the clarification guys, I'm looking to do just that sell my 3GS and with the money get the iPhone 4.

One more question - how long are we able to pre-order from the 15th until?

Default To Clear Things Up...
    Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    I chat with one representative of ATT and he told me if your debit card have a visa or master card logo, you can use it.
    Officially AT&T will NOT accept debit cards regardless if it says Visa/MC. Let me repeat that... if your card is NOT a line of credit it will not be accepted.

and one more time just to be clear... If your card says DEBIT on it or check card, ect AT&T will not allow you to pre-order and you must wait until the launch date.

This reasoning is because we do not actually charge the card till it ships. What was happening was AT&T would pre-auth and HOLD the funds. Since debit cards can't HOLD the funds only charge then the system would pre-auth wait and then charge 2 weeks later when it shipped. People can call to dispute charges cause they would forget or whatever the reason is and make off with a 3GS. Now I know your gonna say I doubt im gonna forget that I bought an iPhone, but it happens.

As for the exchange... if you are within the 45 day extended return policy and you DID NOT pay $149 for 3GS 16 or $199 for 32 then you must have your order sent to the store because we have to verify that you are going to return the phone and not make off with 2 discounted phones.

Remember... 3GS's that were purchased for $149 (16) and 199 (32) are closeout priced iPhones and CAN NOT be returned (At least here in Cali).

Hopefully this will clear up things.

My Source is my Boss.. and internal memos. Happy Buying!

So can I preorder using good old American Cash? I don't have a credit card.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast