+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Competitors, Experts Weigh in on Retina Display

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by eballesq Yes -- and when Apple specifically manufactures the darn thing with an oleophobic coating, you know it wasn't intended to be covered. Some people must just
    My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Yes -- and when Apple specifically manufactures the darn thing with an oleophobic coating, you know it wasn't intended to be covered.

Some people must just throw the things around, though -- or live on the beach.
    i use screen protectors just so my screen doesnt get smudge, and i use a privacy protection screen to keep people who are around me from seeing my screen. I probably wont get a privacy screen this time around it might take away from awesomeness of the retina display so i will just get a regular protection screen so i dont have fingerprint smudges all over the place.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    i use screen protectors just so my screen doesnt get smudge, and i use a privacy protection screen to keep people who are around me from seeing my screen. I probably wont get a privacy screen this time around it might take away from awesomeness of the retina display so i will just get a regular protection screen so i dont have fingerprint smudges all over the place.
    Even a "regular" protection screen is going to take something away from the display. It has to -- you're adding another layer of material between your eye and the screen. I want to view this the way Steve and his engineers intended.

I keep a few of those little lint-free cloths around -- one at work, one at home, one in the car -- and the smudges are gone instantly.

To each his own, though...

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234