+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More Details Surface on iMovie for iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
During his keynote address at the start of WWDC 2010, Apple CEO Steve Jobs found a more than receptive audience for his introduction of the mobile version of iMovie .
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default More Details Surface on iMovie for iPhone

During his keynote address at the start of WWDC 2010, Apple CEO Steve Jobs found a more than receptive audience for his introduction of the mobile version of iMovie. The $4.99 app was even given a live demo by Randy Ubillos, the developer behind the '08 redesign of iMovie. During the presentation, we witnessed just how similar the mobile app is to its computer counterpart. That is, iPhone users can create projects that include themes, transitions, titles, music, photos, and even geolocation maps.

But this weekend, our friends at Tidbits (citing sources from Apple) are delving deeper into the strengths and weaknesses of what could be the most highly-anticipated app in quite some time. While there are some less-than-ideal attributes of the iMovie app, for $5 it will all but certainly stand head and shoulders above any similar video editing application in the App Store.

Some of the details posted by Tidbits include: If you want iMovie for the iPhone, you'll need the iPhone 4. It won't be available for the iPhone 3GS. The reason given is that any previous generation device lacks the iPhone 4's A4 processor, which is needed to employ the app's many video editing tools. As it stands, projects cut on the iPhone also cannot be transferred to iMovie on the Mac for additional editing. Clips, however, can be recorded directly within iMovie for iPhone or come from the Camera Roll. The folks at Tidbits suggest that you may even be able to email a video clip (properly formatted as H.264) to yourself - from desktop to mobile, that is - and then include it in your iMovie production.

The current version of the iMovie app won't run on the iPad. But that will likely change with the release of iOS 4 for the iPad later this summer.

What's Jailbreak? crazyarab1029's Avatar
    Thanks

nice i cant wait (= by the way the evo 4g sucks

Thanks

Cant wait to get into this app on my phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazyarab1029 View Post
    nice i cant wait (= by the way the evo 4g sucks
    i've used it, cause my friend just got one

it's really awesome

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

well that kinda sucks for mac people not being able to further edit it on their computers

Thanks

A lot of videos on YouTube are gonna start to look a lot alike. Can't wait though, I'll definitely buy this app when I get my new phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 277 Posts

This will be an incredible tool for us filmmakers

Thanks

as long as its not a total let down, $4.99 is worth it
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple and their limitations.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to eortizr For This Useful Post:

iphnblues (06-12-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knguyen View Post
    A lot of videos on YouTube are gonna start to look a lot alike
    ha. yep.

those 5 transitions are gonna get old fast.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to adrian1480 For This Useful Post:

iphnblues (06-12-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, can we run it on out A4 enabled iPads?
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

What's Jailbreak? crazyarab1029's Avatar
    Thanks

my bro got a evo 4g and its to big i really dont like it
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i've used it, cause my friend just got one

it's really awesome

Thanks

Can't wait to get my hands on the iPhone 4 and iMovie!! And, I agree, the EVO 4G is way too big and (to me) it sucks... :-(

Thanks

Whatever the iphone 4 serves up, I'm sure it'll be waaaaaaaay better once jailbroken and some serious Cydia apps installed on it...That would open Apple's eyes to it's yet undiscovered potentials. JBkers will RULE yet again

Hopefully the JB is released quickly...I can't wait to JB mine once I get it

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see how they wouldn't be able to be edited further on iMovie for Mac... What I assume they mean is that the project created on iMovie for iPhone will not be compatible with projects created with iMovie for OSX. Once the .mov is made I highly doubt there is anything keeping you from importing on your Mac and "re-editing" it. FWIW I am sure if (or rather when) there is enough demand to have some sort of backwards compatability, Apple will add it in. This is, after all, a test run. My feeling, though, is that Apple will be making a killing on this App alone. I know I will be buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Whatever the iphone 4 serves up, I'm sure it'll be waaaaaaaay better once jailbroken and some serious Cydia apps installed on it...That would open Apple's eyes to it's yet undiscovered potentials. JBkers will RULE yet again

Hopefully the JB is released quickly...I can't wait to JB mine once I get it
    Aside from doing things that iPhone's carriers don't want us to do (ie 3G unrestrictor), I really see very little that JBing will give us. I think Apple (finally) did a fantastic job on this OS.

EDITL I suppose we could still use a healthy dose of themes.

Quote Originally Posted by knguyen View Post
    A lot of videos on YouTube are gonna start to look a lot alike. Can't wait though, I'll definitely buy this app when I get my new phone.
    While I agree with you, I will add that a lot of videos on YouTube ALREADY look a lot alike LOL! This is one of those things where I am sure Apple will be adding things as time goes on. It makes little sense to cram every feature into it right away without assurance that there will be a healthy demand.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 06-12-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I dont understand the use of this app and what it does

Thanks

Default Macbook Pro or iPhone 4? Which First?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    I dont understand the use of this app and what it does
    That was a typical PC user question lol.

Now for my question. I'm currently saving up for my 15" MacBook Pro. I currently have about $900 so far, and now the iPhone 4 was announced, so i'm thinking about getting one. What should i do? which should i get first? AT&T want's a $500 deposit so my total would be $713 with the iPhone 4. It would be a major set back for my MacBook Pro 15". So what would you guys/girls do?
    "The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

'Follow Me on Twitter@Markanthony3211' I always Follow Back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Markanthony3211 View Post

Now for my question. I'm currently saving up for my 15" MacBook Pro. I currently have about $900 so far, and now the iPhone 4 was announced, so i'm thinking about getting one. What should i do? which should i get first? AT&T want's a $500 deposit so my total would be $713 with the iPhone 4. It would be a major set back for my MacBook Pro 15". So what would you guys/girls do?
    Ok, first: why would AT&T ask for such a deposit?...And second: I would go for the iPhone. I'm also saving up for a 15" Macbook Pro, but I thought I'd get the phone first and then wait and see if the MP gets an upgrade in Q4 ... just my 2 cents...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
    Ok, first: why would AT&T ask for such a deposit?...
    Because his/her line of credit is terrible so they want a down payment in case the bills don't get paid. It is sort of an insurance for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Markanthony3211 View Post
    So you S*** on a guy asking a legit question, don't even attempt to answer it, and follow it up with your own? Classy...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 06-12-2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

iphnblues (06-12-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Aside from doing things that iPhone's carriers don't want us to do (ie 3G unrestrictor), I really see very little that JBing will give us. I think Apple (finally) did a fantastic job on this OS.

EDITL I suppose we could still use a healthy dose of themes.
    While I do agree with the most part and although I have removed Winterboard from myiPhone months ago, I do find myself at least 20-30 times every day using "SBSettings" and its toggles.
    Furthermore I can't even think the stone age I would still be in if it hadn't be for "iFile" and iFunbox".
    JB is still pretty essential for me.
    The iPhone would be 50% less satisfying if it weren't for the JB Community.
    Last edited by maggel; 06-13-2010 at 03:42 AM.