Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Now Seeking a Few Good (iOS 4) Apps

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Now Seeking a Few Good (iOS 4) Apps

Only days away from the new iPhone launch, Apple has opened the iOS 4 door to devs and is now actively seeking and accepting app submissions. On June 21st, Apple will release the new operating system once simply called "iPhone OS." iOS 4 is the pretty new packaging for the operating system that lets the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad chug along. Packed to the brim with new features like multitasking, folders, and even iBooks, Apple has been very self-congratulatory about its new iOS 4. But, as always, it's the devs who shine most in situations like these. And Apple is ready to put the spotlight on them.

From Apple's developer site:

Log in to iTunes Connect and submit your iOS 4 application now, so it will be ready for sale when iOS 4 is available to iPhone and iPod touch users. Make sure you have built and tested your app using iOS 4 and iPhone SDK 4 GM seed available from the iPhone Dev Center.
    With better than 1,500 new APIs available for developers, there are high expectations for the types of apps that will soon find a home in the App Store. For those unfamiliar, iOS 4 will not, unfortunately, run on the first iPhone or 1st generation iPod Touch. And although it will run on the iPhone 3G and 2nd generation iPod Touch, it will only do so with limited features - you know, like the ones that kind of make iOS 4 cool.

Apple is clearly posturing itself to be as friendly to developers and other iOS 4 content providers as possible. From establishing the iAd platform - which, ostensibly, exists to primarily benefit developers financially - to new applications that will better enable devs to track their own sales success, Apple may finally begin affording its best developers the props and recognition they so richly deserve.

In lockstep with Apple's announcement that its now accepting iOS 4 apps for approval, Cupertino also rolled out iTunes Connect Mobile, which will conceivably assist developers in monitoring their sales data and app distribution through the App Store. According to Apple, devs - at home or on the go - can now view daily and weekly sales data related to updates, paid and free apps as well as In-App purchases.

iTunes Connect Mobile is only Apple's sixth official iPhone application.
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 06-11-2010 at 11:55 AM.

I Only hope it brings good luck to me... i'm stucked on bb 12.5.01

I sure hope some of the 4.0 apps start showing up on the App store soon! I am dying for the new skype, OoTunes, Trapster, Navagon, and iSip. My Life will be complete then... Well, my iPhone life anyways

And in the JB world, I am looking forward to SBsettings, and QuickreplySMS. Maybe a app, or utility that would enable multitasking on a 3.0 app that isn't 4.0 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mání3G View Post
    As far as I know, that isn't a real BB. Besides the GM 4.0 BB is 05.13.04, and there will be a unlock for it soon enough
    Last edited by jaminmc; 06-11-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Fart apps with integrated Gyrometer movement detection?
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

PlatoTheForms (06-11-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This is very good for the devs. It is about time that Apple helps them out. Of course, it benefits Apple to have apps that take advantage of 4.0 right away so they can say "See! We told you how cool it would be."

Camera speed in iOs4 is amazingly fast!

I don't understand Apple use of multitasking. Seeing that when i start my phone there are almost a dozen apps in teh multitask dock already :-/

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mání3G View Post
    Lol I think you mean 5.12.01 that's the 3.1.3 bb and there should be an unlock soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SchmilK View Post

I don't understand Apple use of multitasking. Seeing that when i start my phone there are almost a dozen apps in teh multitask dock already :-/
    All apps go into a 'saved' state and apps that have been designed for multitasking are active in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by SchmilK View Post

kinda have to agree, i'll have multiple app in the multitask dock, that I never "intended" to run in the background. I know I'm use to telling the phone when to background, ie. Background addon, but I kinda don't like how facebook just runs in the background for now reason. I mean, its not eating that much RAM and all, but still..

I wanna be in control of what is backgrounded and what isn't..

what if i feel like playing pandora AND OoTunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iTunes Connect Mobile is only Apple's sixth official iPhone application,exactly.