+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Preps Massive iPhone 4 Monthly Production

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple may very well be taking preemptive steps to ensure that the supply issues that plagued the iPad's initial availability don't similarly rain on the new iPhone 4's parade. Unless
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Preps Massive iPhone 4 Monthly Production

Apple may very well be taking preemptive steps to ensure that the supply issues that plagued the iPad's initial availability don't similarly rain on the new iPhone 4's parade. Unless demand proves even greater than any market analyst anticipates, Apple's supply should certainly keep pace with demand for the new product release on tap for June 24th.

Credible published reports from Digitimes indicate that Apple will mass produce the new handset on a monthly basis for the time being, with estimates suggesting that Cupertino will initially order components necessary to build at least three million iPhone 4s per month, or nine million per quarter. Creating a massive product inventory ahead of the launch implies that Apple has reason to believe that both domestic and international sales of the 4th gen iPhone could be mind-blowing.

Robert Lai, chairman of Asia Optical, dished on the swelling inventory by revealing that his company has been turning out some massive shipments of VGA lens kits for the device's front-facing video camera since last month - enough, in fact, to place a monthly production estimate at three million units. If demand keeps pace with supply, Apple could very well sell upwards of ten million new iPhones in just the third quarter of 2010 alone. That level of sales success would represent the biggest and best-selling quarter of sales for any generation of the iPhone since its 2007 release.

The phone will be available on the aforementioned date of June 24 in five countries: the US, France, Germany, the UK and Japan. Pre-orders, however, begin next Tuesday, June 15. The 16GB iPhone is going for $199 US and the 32GB for $299. Of course, if you're already an AT&T customer in the middle of your contract, you can get an iPhone 4 at "early upgrade" prices of $399 for the 16GB model and $499 for the 32GB.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

will have 1 on release day...

Thanks

My iPhone 4 got delay because the employee that was assembling it jumped off the roof...now i have to wait for the next new hire :-(....i kid i kid
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Can someone tell me how a preorder works??

Thanks

still so pre order info for the uk on o2 site

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

@Mac3194 I think if you order on June 15th the phone will be at your doorstep on June 24th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mac3194 View Post

Ordering an item before its release so that its held for you.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mac3194 View Post
    You go to the AT&T website on 6/15/10 and purchase the phone the same day (your card will be charged then - apparently Credit cards only, no debit cards). Then you choose delivery method. You can ship to your house/business and it *should* arrive on release day, 6/24/10. If you choose to ship to store it will be available the next day, 6/25/10 for pickup at the store

EDIT: If you debit card has a VISA or MasterCard logo it will be charged as a credit card therefore will still work for pre-order
    Last edited by adp; 06-11-2010 at 11:07 AM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

3 million a month!!! Oh my, the nets at Foxconn will be full.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Im buying 2, lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eaze222 View Post
    will have 1 on release day...
    Me too

Just gotta choose my tarrif then go into the app store and pre order

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    My iPhone 4 got delay because the employee that was assembling it jumped off the roof...now i have to wait for the next new hire :-(....i kid i kid
    OMG That is too funny

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can't. 1 per costumer

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Sales might be even more mind blowing if more people were allowed to upgrade....that is rediculous charging an additional $200 and I'm still locked into a 2 year contract. I suppose I'll be waiting until 3/2011. By then I may want an EVO, or the latest greatest Android, and jumped ship to Sprint or Verizon. Unless Specs for the next iphone include 64GB.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought the early upgrade prices were the same, $199 and $299... No?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @jcal08 Not true. Existing customers are allowed to buy 1 per line. New customers are only allowed 1 period .

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    I thought the early upgrade prices were the same, $199 and $299... No?
    Correct, but he doesn't fall into that category since his contract is 3months over the 6-month extended timeframe (meaing his contract ends in 3/11, AT&T extended up to 12/10). So he would have to pay $300 more for the phone
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

18. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

DeviantGeek (06-11-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My contract ain't up til 7/11 but AT&T is lettin me do a full upgrade

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope someone can answer this question. I am currently stationed overseas (UK) i guess my only option is buying the actual phone. How much would it cost and is it even possible to do so? i will be sending my wife back just a couple of days before release date to get the phone. Just wondering how the online purchasing might be if i am not on aTT. I do understand that the phone will be available here in the UK the same launch date as in the states however the phone will be cheaper in the states and the phone will only be avialable to be looked at in the states which i dont mind. The whole warranty on apple products is region locked. They wont touch any product bought from the states

Green Apple
    Thanks

i'll be buying two as well. You can only buy per line, so if you have 3 lines then you can buy 3 iphones. I confirmed this with Apple and ATT already, this is NOT "hearsay".