Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are Hopes for a Durable iPhone 4 Shattered?

Thanks

2 things to say.
    FORENSICS anyone?
    this phone was HIT not dropped.
    With my few years of experience and the pictures posted, this phone has been hit hard with a sharp instrument, hit pretty hard with a dull instrument, and pressed very hard in the center to get the concentric wave breaks in the center.
    NEXT
    CASE MATE made an awesome case that could be slightly modified AFTER purchase to fit the 4G (yes noodle boy, I did say 4th Generation) iphone and it is still available with CUSTOM artwork, curtesy of your KIDS.
    Recession iphone case anyone?
    now quit laughing, and get back to work.
    unklbyl

If you are laughing, hit thanks!
    Last edited by unklbyl; 06-12-2010 at 03:40 AM. Reason: forgot something and tried to spell check iphone.

I did not realize Apple had so many ex-engineers floating around. The level of detailed "apple" part knowledge here is remarkable. I believe the screen will be durable enough for no case and no screen protection.

iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if the iPhone Bumpers will help with falls and saving the glass. My 3g never had a screen protector and I have dropped it many times and not even a scratch on the glass. I hope the ATT stores have the bumpers on the 24th.

Thanks

Come on! first we need to realize that apple really produces good tested products. The IPHONE 4 iphone will be stable enough to withstand alot. we can all be sure of that. For apple to design a phone that breaks after 3 drops would be way below their standards. To DESIGN a phone that breaks is dumb. understand that given enough time, some moron WILL be able to break the glass, and there are morons out there. We are referring to the picture of a broken iphone glass in this string, not apple! don't forget that
    Apple probly DOES factor STOOPID people into their works. Ya know, the cat in the microwave, or the "hot coffee" people.
    I personally am loking forward to getting my mits on one, "behaving for a week or two, then going for the jugglar for JB and unlock
    should be fun
    unklbyl
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 06-12-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: ITS NOT 4G ARGH

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You will not be able to behave for two weeks. You will jailbreak it and unlock it immediately. I refuse to have a stock iPhone.

Default its glass
    reguardless what kind of glass it is, it's bound to break if its dropped over and over again...Most people have cases on their iphone that will offer some sort of protection. A drop here and there with a case will most likely not shatter or break the phone.

I really dont think this is a deterrant to buying the iphone 4

Oh no you le didn't forums poster unklbyl.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    1) Dropping your electronics just means the user is careless, it's not the manufacturers fault in the first place.
    2) Notice how they say its not the REAL phone, they are just parts they "somehow" got. They are not from "Apple." Why would they "distribute" their parts if they JUST released the phone? It was first leaked, thats how people started making crappy look alike parts. So you can expect some bootleg items.
    "You" really need to "learn" how "quotations" work.

Thanks

#1 Noodle boy. thanks for the laugh. I needed that today!
    #2 CaptainChaos. You are probly right about the JB, but I am (sadly) expecting the unlock for the 4th G iphone to come out around the 4th of JULY, ya know, INDEPENDENCE DAY! that is the only reason I said two weeks. It's called being forced to be good.
    #3 Noodle boy. have a nice day! it will be alot easier for you and your blood pressure just to accept the fact that 4G has nothing to do with 4G!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I never thought about the 4th of July lol. Good point.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456