+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are Hopes for a Durable iPhone 4 Shattered?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 It's a iPhone, take care of it! I've had my 3GS for about a year, not a single scratch on it. Exactly, ive had my iphone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    It's a iPhone, take care of it! I've had my 3GS for about a year, not a single scratch on it.
    Exactly, ive had my iphone 3G for 1 year and the only scratch is on the home button where i used my nail to get some super glue off. lol

Thanks

How would they know, they don't even have one

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Why is anyone actually responding to this thread?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thats BS,, that phone was ran over , or even hit with a hammer,, it even has the Volume buttons missing,, so it wasn't just dropped,,,

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Crazylegs fails at reading

Thanks

1) Dropping your electronics just means the user is careless, it's not the manufacturers fault in the first place.
    2) Notice how they say its not the REAL phone, they are just parts they "somehow" got. They are not from "Apple." Why would they "distribute" their parts if they JUST released the phone? It was first leaked, thats how people started making crappy look alike parts. So you can expect some bootleg items.
    Last edited by eZStaR; 06-10-2010 at 07:14 PM.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Well thanks to companies like WorthAve that insures the iphone, I'm not much worried about breaking mine...of course I don't plan on breaking it either. I've had every iphone that came out and never cracked the glass on any of them.
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure that's a real iphone 4
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

poor people always want things that they buy to last forever lol, it's a phone i dont apple would make to last you forever. they are in a business to make money people and stop crying about a phone that these idiots drop like 10 times to see if it would break,of course it would hahahahahah.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Good thing for the otterbox case mine has fallen on asphalt and concrete plenty of times luckily this is a bad *** case I hope otterbox makes a case for the
    iPhone 4

Thanks

It breaks if u drop it on the corner cause I have droped my 3GS many times but as soon as I droped iron the corner bam -_-

Thanks

If u put it in an OtterBox case, i dont think ur gonna have much to worry about. Then again, whats the point in a bullet proof phone if it lives in a case like the rest of them do, LoL

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't drop your phone? Problem solved.

Thanks

Fake iPhone 4. Knock Off. Phony. Cheap Imitation. Not Real.

iPhone 4 not even released yet. If it's flexible, it shouldn't break so easily. Look at plexiglass. I'll take a look at a real drop test when the iPhone 4 is actually released.

Thanks

Default Yea right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post

The new iPhone 4 isn't even available yet and already there are many blogger pundits pronouncing the updated Apple smartphone the "least durable" iPhone ever released. Within the last twenty-fours hours, photos have surfaced across the web depicting a shattered 4th generation iPhone. And if comments posted to many gadget blogs beneath the photos are true, a good number of prospective iPhone 4 buyers may not be so fast to purchase the new handset in fear of it being a veritable "shatter magnet."

But is that label for the new iPhone fitting or even deserved? Here's where the speculation was born. The fix-it gurus at "iFix your i," an increasingly well-known online presence that assists with Apple product repairs, claim to have obtained original iPhone 4 components. Got that? It isn't actually the new iPhone. It's a makeshift product using iPhone 4 "parts." Once fastened together - minus the circuit board, etc. - the team played a home-game version of Myth Busters and repeatedly dropped their creation in order to test how it handles impact.

The photo above shows the iPhone after three drops. It survived the first two without injury. The third strike (a drop from an elevation from 3.5 feet) proved sufficient to shatter the glass housing. This "evidence" seems to contradict the claim from Apple that the new iPhone is made from a chemically strengthened form of glass that is some "20 times stiffer and 30 times harder than plastic." Naturally, the photos released by iFix your i have rattled some folks.

Even though the experiment is far from scientific, a mock iPhone 4 shattering so easily certainly isn't good news ahead of the product launch later this month. But we won't really know for sure how much of a glass-jaw, so to speak, the new iPhone has until the masses put some wear and tear on a device that Apple maintains is the most durable iPhone to date.

Image via iFix your i
    I find it interesting that they drop it three times but yet the metal section of the phone has not dent or scratches. It looks like they hit it with a something the what the the glass cracked you sure they didn't throw it from 3 feet instead of dropping. There is no proof they got the part from apple. They might have received fake parts that look like they belong to the iphone.

Thanks

Take a real good look at the picture....... Where the hell are the volume buttons!!!!!!!!

Why would they only have the screen and not the actual iPhone. This is dumb.
    Last edited by lll2for3lll; 06-10-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lll2for3lll View Post
    Take a real good look at the picture....... Where the hell are the volume buttons!!!!!!!!
    LMAO I was just thinking the exact same thing...

All I've got to say is OTTERBOX bytches!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lll2for3lll View Post

Why would they only have the screen and not the actual iPhone. This is dumb.
    Did you read the article. They only used parts they got from suppliers and those were only the case and glass. So this is not really a test of anything.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Did you read the article. They only used parts they got from suppliers and those were only the case and glass. So this is not really a test of anything.
    We all know that, why the hell is this on the front page? I made an iphone 4 using popsicle sticks n elmers glue and it hold up pretty well against drops. I could write a story and take a pic for you if you'd like?

Great Writers MMi
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

i thought the screen is 30x stronger than plastic?