+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Could Yank YouTube from Apple Over Skirmish

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I was wondering if it was the first gen iPhone or not. Those sales were nothing compared to the 3G or 3GS.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I was wondering if it was the first gen iPhone or not. Those sales were nothing compared to the 3G or 3GS.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

To add more sale numbers. The 3G sold 3 million units it's first month.

The 3GS also sold over 1 million units on it's first weekend as well.

Let me know when Android start pulling numbers half as good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Android has been around for how long? like 2 years... And not only did it catch up but the phones are getting "crazy" good. Every summer the iPhone has done great and all but Steve knew that once google got involved with the mobile industry, it was only going to be a matter of time.

Hate on sprint all you want. I'll take my everything data, any mobile any time plan package over your 2gb limited 450 minute-overpriced plan. Lol I'm happy because sprint service is awesome in my city despite not having 4g yet, soon that will all change and I'll be even more happier. I'm not hating at apple at all though I like the competition, I hope the iPhone 4 sells 4 million the first week. I really wouldn't mind that.
    Last edited by Bluprint; 06-10-2010 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I thought the goals of these companies was to make things better and more accessible to customers, not take them away just because of a little cat fight. When a disagreement between two CEOs ends up affecting millions of customers UNNECESSARILY, they've got priorities screwed up.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Content is king, youtube have most content thus why people search videos there first. Google pull it from Apple, Apple definitely will be hurt. Yes there are other options, but it is 2nd option where you may not find what you want.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

cpkirkley (06-10-2010)

Thanks

Android still has many small issues. It isn't bad but seems to have to many crashes on different stuff. A co-worker here was just complaining about her andriod phone today about it crashing all the time. I can't wait to see where it goes. But the OS needs to be fine tuned more to the device's hardware.

And yes I have had a couple Android devices myself too. And Windows Mobile devices. Just enjoy the iOS better I guess. The touch response is far better on it is probably my biggest fav of iOS.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    Are you guys stupid? You can watch YouTube in Safari. Don't need flash to view YouTube on iPhones.
    Maybe you're the stupid one. When you access youtube safari calls for the youtube app on the iphone when one taps the desired video. Which is what they're saying will be yanked.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@MetalicaFan....

"At the end of the day" ... the iPhone is MINE!!

Apple can say what they want and try to convince the whole world .... but my iPhone is mine, just like my house, car, TV, computer and everything else I purchased with my money.

When the Apple gamboys wake up and realize this absolute and unequivicable fact, Apple will be forced to change their ugly ways.

Mes

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    To add more sale numbers. The 3G sold 3 million units it's first month.

The 3GS also sold over 1 million units on it's first weekend as well.

Let me know when Android start pulling numbers half as good.
    Probably would if we counted total android phone sales, not just one particular phone.

Its really not fair to compare the sales numbers, its two entirely different models. There isnt ONE android phone to stick with, vs Appleone solitary product refresh.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks

the moon could also rotate off axis due to lowering gravitational pull from earth as reported by nasa agencies recently.
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I were google I would do this because on mobile devices the YouTube ads aren't even displayed so they loose a lot of money from idevices

Thanks

That wud suck cus utube is one of the
    most used app on my idevices

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default oh no
    Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    the moon could also rotate off axis due to lowering gravitational pull from earth as reported by nasa agencies recently.

The moon no not the moon hmmmmm maybe there is an app to fix it lol

or what was I thinking if it gets closer to earth iAD or admob the moon
    Last edited by kornlizard; 06-11-2010 at 09:27 AM. Reason: something else to ad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There is rampant talk that Google could cut off Apple and its myriad products from YouTube
    Where is this rampant talk? This story as is has zero credibility; why is anyone getting upset over it?

Thanks

Cool Very unlikely
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I don't foresee this simply because I think it would be a childish move on Google's part.

"I am going to take back my toys if you don't share." - seems kind of stupid. I suspect they will let the courts decide. What is Apple's reasoning for blocking AdMob anyway?
    I agree. That would seem somewhat childish, lol . And besides, even if google would take some kind of drastic measure like yanking youtube, it shouldn't effect us JBrs with mxtube .

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tamkis View Post
    I agree. That would seem somewhat childish, lol . And besides, even if google would take some kind of drastic measure like yanking youtube, it shouldn't effect us JBrs with mxtube .
    And Jobes blocking of flash is not? Will not even give the phone owners a choice, then explain it away with customer experience.

Do onto others and expect others to do onto you (changed it a bit)
    I hoped dictatorish policy making of Jobes would bite him back, I hope Google do do this to them. Integrate flash to its content and throw it back at Jobes. Explain with we blocked iPhone because Jobes himself said flash does not work on iPhone, since flash is intergrated into our system we blocked all Apple product because we care about our customer experience. Then start blocking all access by Apple device from companies Google owns one by one.

Thanks

ATube is far better than YouTube. You can save videos and craete multiple playlists. Apple could just simply approve this Cydia application if youtube is yanked. As to goggle map, Bing map would simply take over. It's probaly not as good but would be acceptable to most people I guess. Google would lose out their advertising revenue when this happens, and push apple towards close colaboration with google's competitors (in this case Microsoft). If google is smart, it won't take that route.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesteve View Post
    ATube is far better than YouTube. You can save videos and craete multiple playlists. Apple could just simply approve this Cydia application if youtube is yanked. As to goggle map, Bing map would simply take over. It's probaly not as good but would be acceptable to most people I guess. Google would lose out their advertising revenue when this happens, and push apple towards close colaboration with google's competitors (in this case Microsoft). If google is smart, it won't take that route.
    Bing maps are much, MUCH better than Google. Hell, you can even go INSIDE buildings with them. It's insane. Their general web search needs work, though.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Bing maps are much, MUCH better than Google. Hell, you can even go INSIDE buildings with them. It's insane. Their general web search needs work, though.
    Gotta agree with you there. I like bing maps but hate the search engine massivly.

I use them instead of Google maps on my PSP with GPS for trips.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ok that's when you know you are going to extremes to defend apple or bash google. In no way shape or form is Bing Maps better than google maps, nor does it touch google earth. And as i went to bing maps right now to see if anything new has been done since the last time i tried it (last month) i can't even search because "server is unavailable"