+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Could Yank YouTube from Apple Over Skirmish

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by fishbone It's at least naive to think that Apple would make 2 of it's native apps based in google services as a major function in 2 of
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbone View Post
    It's at least naive to think that Apple would make 2 of it's native apps based in google services as a major function in 2 of their prominent products without a contract tie that guarantees that those services will remain as it is, or maybe have some kind of backup plan for when this contractual tie expires.

There's nothing to fear there, IMHO.
    actually you're wrong. Google is the owner of maps and youtube and if anyone reserved the right on anything it would be google who reserves the right to pull their product whenever they want.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think google is putting their nose in everyones business , they wanted to compete with iPhone making the droid os ,on and so forth, you did not see apple complaining about that but just trying to make a better OS for their phones and line of products but Now that apple is stepping on their money making machine which is advertising they don,t like it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

If google does yank all their stuff off the iPhone I bet apple would eventually make their own like when they made their own iCal and Mail apps when Microsoft didn't release Outlook for Mac. I bet apple's versions of YouTube and Maps would be even better. HTML5Tube lol

Btw you can watch YouTube from the Safari app. I can't believe people still don't know this.
    Last edited by Antman217; 06-10-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I don't think google would do that but if they did...I'm sure there would be some kind of hack to get it back!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If google maps and youtube disappeared from my iPhone I wouldn't give 2 shits. There are other map apps that are far superior. And youtube is filled with mostly underage dipshits filming themselves lip-syncing to whatever popular song is out. Woopde ******* doo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Personally, I'm disgusted with the entire iAd and Admob concept as it is.

Thanks

Even if youtube gets pulled, let us remember, there will always be:

1. Past Firmwares
    2. Cracked/Warez versions of youtube
    3. MX Tube

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

That's a good idea. I think google SHOULD pull every service from iOS and make them exclusive to android.

it would be smart move, now that I'm getting an EVO. lol

but seriously, It wouldn't hurt apple to play nice.

Thanks

Maps and YouTube are free enterprise anyway. It's free to anyone who navigates to it.

Would they really be able to pull it? I can't see that happening.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post

There is rampant talk that Google could cut off Apple and its myriad products from YouTube, delivering a massive contact blow to the runaway success of Apple's mobile devices that, quiet frankly, now seem ingrained as going hand-in-hand with YouTube. But will Google actually go through with it or some other form of payback? Unless Apple changes its restrictive policies in a hurry, there's an excellent possibility that Google won't go quietly into the night.
    Rampant talk where? Amongst 12 year olds on blogs. Post me a link to where someone respectable, and with insight into how these two companies operates, has even suggested this is a possibility.

These are multi-billion dollar companies, not 12 year old school kids.
    To live, you have to lie

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RKirk7741 View Post
    Even if youtube gets pulled, let us remember, there will always be:

1. Past Firmwares
    2. Cracked/Warez versions of youtube
    3. MX Tube
    yeah but apple is consistently updating and bricking the iphones.. why would anyone really put up wit that anymore. thanks to mmi for being the best around but apple doesn't make this fun.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itmustbejj View Post
    Not to start a flame war, but I did. I got sick of Apple and I got an Evo 4g and I couldn't be happier. I feel even better about my decision after seeing the iPhone 4

iPhone/iPad without Flash and YouTube.....better get here quick H264Tube.com
    Uh, Youtube works fine on the Iphone and Ipad. You obviously don't really have much of a clue, do you?
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Yes that would suck but most of the videos on YouTube (the video quality) sucks & really sucks on my IPad they need to do something about this maybe a new converter or something when your uploading your videos to YouTube. It didn't matter when using on my iPhone but there's a big difference on the iPad and I now search elsewhere for my learning content.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think apple has every right to block ad mob on games and apps on their device its theirs, but google can still have admob on safaire when browsing becuase thats more open then the os on the iphone. to me it makes more sense. Do I like it? of course not no one does that not on the same pay roll of apple.
    I think google should yank the maps and you tube, theirs no where else that is as good

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by larryolive View Post
    I think apple has every right to block ad mob on games and apps on their device its theirs, but google can still have admob on safaire when browsing becuase thats more open then the os on the iphone. to me it makes more sense. Do I like it? of course not no one does that not on the same pay roll of apple.
    I think google should yank the maps and you tube, theirs no where else that is as good
    Steve admitted it during the keynote. Apple curates the app store, the web is free and open, and people can choose where to develop.
    To live, you have to lie

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    Are you guys stupid? You can watch YouTube in Safari. Don't need flash to view YouTube on iPhones.
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Actually, there's a mobile YouTube site which you can access with your iPhone using Safari....
    I was under the impression that even when you try to use safari to watch YouTube stuff, it automatically routes you to the YouTube app but I could be wrong?
    Maybe not if the video is html5 compatible and you opt into the beta.

Anywho, there is no reason to fret. To be honest this story is just another in a long line of sensationalistic "journalism" regarding Apple and their various "feuds"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

derekthered (06-10-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

LOL, if they yanked it someone would hack it the next day and we would have youtube back...

plus, it wont happen...

Thanks

I suppose google could do this however it is contradictory to their overall strategy with HTML5 in chrome and youtube.....They've invested substantial amounts of time, effort and money into converting youtube to HTML5; which can be accessed via Safari on iDevices and they have also pushed it as a key feature of Chrome. It would be unwise of them, at least in a business sense to waste all that money. They will probably change their advertising scheme to push ads through youtube videos either in a ticker at the bottom of the screen or at the end of the video. Maybe through maps too though I'm not familiar with what is outlined in the dev agreement. Google could modify the terms of use for its public API's and services to force ads through those services. Either way there is likely a contract involved but it may be subject to change. Just my two cents.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ajblue7's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I don't foresee this simply because I think it would be a childish move on Google's part.

"I am going to take back my toys if you don't share." - seems kind of stupid. I suspect they will let the courts decide. What is Apple's reasoning for blocking AdMob anyway?
    they wanted to provide better advertising for its users that doesn't involve quitting the app and launching in safari. also, making it easier for developers to have ads and make more quality apps free. Also this prevents google from getting to much power, google should be thanking iAds because without them google would have never got the green light to acquire admob. google is probably the most unoriginal company in the world. Every product they made is copies of others. the only creative thing you can credit them with is their ad system, the main money maker of google. Their ads are so good because they provide your with links to related sponsered sites. even andriod is pretty much a ripoff of apple, just opensource.

sad part is they have people working for them that are really smart, but smart people aren't the most creative people in the world ya know

Green Apple
    Thanks

Then I'd use MXTube.