Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: AT&T to Offer Cash Back to Recent 3GS Buyers

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default EXCLUSIVE: AT&T to Offer Cash Back to Recent 3GS Buyers

If you were one of the unlucky ones who bought an iPhone 3GS before Apple dropped the price, AT&T wants to make it up to you. We just got word from an MMi member inside AT&T that the carrier is going to offer a "one-time Customer Price Protection" for anyone who bought a 16GB or 32GB iPhone 3GS in the month before the price drop on June 7.

You can either get $50 credit for the 16GB or $100 credit for the 32GB off your bill, or you can exchange a new 3GS or 3G and have the whole purchase price put towards the purchase of a new iPhone. You need to get the credit within 30 days of purchase, though, so get a move on if you want to cash in; if you bought from May 7 - May 14, you still have until June 14.

text of the internal AT&T memo:

This one-time Customer Price Protection will allow customers who purchased iPhone 3GS 16GB/32GB through a Local Dealer from May 7, 2010 until June 7, 2010 to receive a bill credit for the difference in the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price in May 2010 and the new Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price plus sales tax. This special one-time credit from AT&T will be provided to customers of Dealer regardless of what price the customer actually paid for their iPhone.
    • Customers who purchased iPhone 3GS May 7th through May 14th will have until June 14th to visit the original location of purchase and receive this one-time bill credit
    • Customers who purchased after May 14th will have 30 days to complete their price protection transaction by returning to the original location of purchase
    • The Price Protection Credit applied to the customer’s account will equal:
    • $50 for the 3GS 16GB
    • $100 for the 3GS 32GB

2. Return/Exchange Policy:

A customer who purchased iPhone 3G/3GS through a Local Dealer from May 7, 2010 until June 7, 2010, who would like to exchange it for iPhone 4 and pay the price difference, will be able to do so.

Docs Attached:
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -price-protection-closeout-return-policy-dealer.png   -price-protection-closeout-return-policy-dealer2.png   -price-protection-closeout-return-policy-dealer3.png   -price-protection-closeout-return-policy-dealer4.png   -price-protection-closeout-return-policy-dealer5.png  
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

kbarnes71 (06-11-2010), sheldon54 (06-14-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Those people shoulda waited for the iPhone 4!! Everyone knew it was coming! Nixe of AT&T though.

hey!
    no
    "courtesy of your friendly neighborhood yoTelefonoTresG"???

haha

I guess a "MMi member inside AT&T" will suffice
    yoTelefonoTresG, now introducing...
    the new..
    yoTelefonoCuatro.

say "Amen Brotha!" or "thanks a bunch!", click that "Thanks!" button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

So a friend of mine purchased the 3GS 3 days ago from Walmart. Her phone was smashed and needed a new one. She paid $97 for the 16GB. If Walmart was to carry the 4G then she could go back and pay the difference to upgrade?

That's how this is reading to me.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingchkn View Post
    So a friend of mine purchased the 3GS 3 days ago from Walmart. Her phone was smashed and needed a new one. She paid $97 for the 16GB. If Walmart was to carry the 4G then she could go back and pay the difference to upgrade?

That's how this is reading to me.
    I read it as folks who purchased it from AT&T corporately owned stores, not walmart.

Thanks

If it was me I'd return it to AT&T and get the 4G. No sense in buying a 3GS anymore. Here's why:
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

• The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

blkwidow (06-15-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree, thats what i would do

I bought a 3GS for my son on June 6th. I wanted to take advantage of the unlimited data plan on the last day possible. This is specific to an ATT retail store only I was told by a rep yesterday.

My whole goal was to make sure I got the unlimited data for at least 2 more years.

I can exchange it within 30 days. You know I had the 4G in mind the whole time... hahaha

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by annihil8tion View Post
    I bought a 3GS for my son on June 6th. I wanted to take advantage of the unlimited data plan on the last day possible. This is specific to an ATT retail store only I was told by a rep yesterday.

My whole goal was to make sure I got the unlimited data for at least 2 more years.

I can exchange it within 30 days. You know I had the 4G in mind the whole time... hahaha
    just curious..have you checked your usage?..very few go over 2gigs and that is now $25 per month.The most I have ever used was 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
    just curious..have you checked your usage?..very few go over 2gigs and that is now $25 per month.The most I have ever used was 1.5
    we were trained that 98% of users stay under the 2gb mark.

everyone is freaking out over something thats really not that big of a deal...
    unless you were jb and tethering and using a crap-load of internet...
    then AT&T would just slow down your speed.. no fun in that.
    the new..
    yoTelefonoCuatro.

Quote Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
    Yeah i go over 2 gigs... we use mywi a ton

Heres the kicker..when they go 4G speeds (I know it wont be for a while) IF (and I say if) we still have unlimited data say bye bye to my home internet...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yoTelefonoCuatro View Post
    hey!
    no
    "courtesy of your friendly neighborhood yoTelefonoTresG"???

haha

I guess a "MMi member inside AT&T" will suffice

That's not your name.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

out of luck
    there is no cure for this sickness

Couldn't it have been two months.. I bought in Mid April.. uggh

A friend just bought a 3GS from an authorized retailer. I hope she will be eligible for the refund. Tank tops are gonna be worn that day.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

3gs are worth 3 times that in ebay gtfo

ok if we bought a 3GS before June 7 2010 or 2009? and what is the difference if we trade it in?

What if I have an unl data plan and I'm eligible for an upgrade, would I be able to keep my unl data plan? I know upgrading will cause me to re-sign another two year contract but I don't know if I get to keep my unl data plan. Let me know if anybody knows the answer thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    That's not your name.
    thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    A friend just bought a 3GS from an authorized retailer. I hope she will be eligible for the refund. Tank tops are gonna be worn that day.
    unless you went to one of the test agents (they are giving a few locations the iPhone for a test-run), then they bought it from COR.

If it was from an agent that is not part of the test run then they could lose their contract, and you are not eligible.
    Last edited by yoTelefonoCuatro; 06-10-2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    the new..
    yoTelefonoCuatro.

the thing i find key in reading the whole memo is the part that says if you are doing the exchange, you can KEEP USING your 3Gs until the 4 is available!!! that tells me that you would then be able to keep unlimited data too, the would just switch the phone, and not make any other changes to the acct.

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast