Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: AT&T to Offer Cash Back to Recent 3GS Buyers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Those people shoulda waited for the iPhone 4!! Everyone knew it was coming! Nixe of AT&T though.
    may be you should wait for the iphone5,wait and wait...

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deuce1794 View Post
    Has anyone gone to their store and requested this exchange yet? If so, did you get any kind of confirmation that guarantees the exchange when the new iPhone comes out?
    I explained this to my mom yesterday and told her to go by their ATT store up there today and they explained to her that Apple handles it. Of course when she got to the apple store on the other side of the mall, none of them had any clue what she was talking about. Of course I can't find the actual files stating the offer on ATT's website. Annoying.

I went into my ATT store today and asked about the swap and they were less than forthcoming about it. After I told them about seeing the memo they called somebody (I'm assuming an ATT Rep) and then took my info and told me they would call me when the phone came in, but I didn't get anything as far as confirmation. They were claiming that they wouldn't get the new phones until after the first of July, which would put me out of the 30 day window since I bought mine on the 29th of May. Its just seems like they were unwilling to honor the equipment swap so I got a funny feeling I'm going to get hosed on this deal.

I purchased the Iphone 3G back in April for $99, then Wal-Mart came out with the $99 3GS upgrade, I called my local ATT store and the manager just said I will credit your account $100 and I picked up the 3GS at the store so basically I got the 3GS for $99 as well. That was on May 26th. So if I upgrade to the Iphone 4GS I can basically get a free upgrade now? Or just $50 rebate and pay $199 retail on the Iphone 4G. Thanks

Unhappy Confusion reigns
    After seeing this post on 6/14, I figured I had better check in if I wanted to take advantage of one offer or the other (price protection vs. exchange), having bought a 3GS for my wife. At the time I couldn't pop by the Apple store where I purchased and figuring it would be hard to get anyone in the store on the phone, I called 800-MY-APPLE. They couldn't answer any questions so they transferred me to AT&T. AT&T confirmed the price protection policy but couldn't find anything on the exchange provision. The rep searched the support docs multiple times and escalated to a manager. They stated that I had to go to the original place of purchase to initiate the price protection credit.

So, later in the day, I went to the Apple store. I was most interested in the exchange but wanted to lock in the price protection if exchange wasn't an option. Folks in the Apple store knew nothing about either the price protection or exchange policy. When questioned about return/exchange, they cited Apple's standard policy of 30 days, saying the extension to June 14 didn't make sense. When questioned about the price protection, again they said it didn't make sense that AT&T would issue a credit for a purchase made at Apple. They probably spent 30 minutes on the phone, presumably calling up the Apple and AT&T change.

So, I visited the AT&T retail store across the street. Reps in the AT&T store confirmed the exchange policy but again noted that I would have to initiate the exchange by 6/21 as indicated in the attached document and could pre-order starting today but would ultimately have to return the 3GS to the place of purchase.

This leaves a huge question mark? 800-MY-APPLE knows nothing of the exchange. AT&T phone support knows nothing of the exchange. Apple store reps know nothing. Neither the AT&T web site nor the Apple web site say anything about either the price protection or exchange policy. However, AT&T retail store reps confirm the exchange program but note that you have to go back to the original purchase location. Was this ops brief final and implemented? If so, is it being effectively communicated? Does this program only apply in AT&T retail stores or does it apply at all authorized resellers? AT&T took a lot of grief over the 3GS release and upgrade/exchange policy being applied inconsistently. It doesn't sound like they've learned their lesson.

Just came back from an AT & T store in Cleveland.
    I purchased a 3gs 32 gig phone on 17 june,2010. I asked them how much do I have to shell out for the iPhone 4.

They told me since I fall under the 1 month buyers remorse period, I do not have to pay anything. Just a restocking fee of 40 $ for the iPhone 3gs.

But they also said that since there is an excess demand for the iPhone 4 in the first few weeks counting 24 june, I cannot pre-order it now.
    The only way I can pre-order now is at full price which the AT & T store will rebate it back to me later (incase I need the phone on July 2. )

The took down my # and told me that they will call once the phone is in stock. And i will just have to pay 40 $ restocking fee for my iPhone 3gs.
    Also since I already renewed my contract on June 17, i will stay on the unlimited data plan with iPhone 4.

GF got a 3Gs on May 24th, her 30 days ends June 22nd. She went to the Ocala, FL AT&T store yesterday to initiate the exchange. They told her to just come back on the 24th to exchange. Well that's 2 days beyond her 30, and they told her it wouldn't be a problem. Right!! She called 611 but that was not helpful. I told her to go back to the store, talk to a manager, and get something in writing!!

AT&T really screwed up this launch big time

Quote Originally Posted by scottuf View Post
    GF got a 3Gs on May 24th, her 30 days ends June 22nd. She went to the Ocala, FL AT&T store yesterday to initiate the exchange. They told her to just come back on the 24th to exchange. Well that's 2 days beyond her 30, and they told her it wouldn't be a problem. Right!! She called 611 but that was not helpful. I told her to go back to the store, talk to a manager, and get something in writing!!

AT&T really screwed up this launch big time
    I was told the same thing my 30days ends on June 23rd. I am just going to return it on the 23rd and go without a phone for the night. Scary thought !!!

LOL I am actually looking forward to it. It will make the iPhone 4 so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by 87vert View Post
    I was told the same thing my 30days ends on June 23rd. I am just going to return it on the 23rd and go without a phone for the night. Scary thought !!!

LOL I am actually looking forward to it. It will make the iPhone 4 so much better.
    assuming you can get one on the 24th! and you risk losing your unlimited plan (if you have one)

Quote Originally Posted by scottuf View Post
    assuming you can get one on the 24th! and you risk losing your unlimited plan (if you have one)
    I pre-ordered one from AT&T already. I gave up my unlimited plan when they announced the new plans. I am on wifi all day at work then at home I am on wifi, I dont need unlimited and welcome the savings.

I am however going to have to give up my number since I am going to cancel the contract and sign a new one with the iPhone 4. But I am okay with that because I only give out my google voice number because its easier to screen calls that way. LOL

Both of my parents upgraded from IPhone 3 to 3GS at an Apple Store on 5/12. I've been to both the AT&T store on 6th ave today and the Apple Store on 5th ave and nobody seems to really have a clue.

At this point I think my parents are out of luck as far as upgrading to the iPhone 4. For this program I think they would have had to have bought their iPhones at an AT&T dealer in order to qualify.

I asked the Apple folks in the store and they knew nothing of this program.

It seems to only work if you bought your iPhone 3GS through AT&T. Anyone else read it different?

so the way I'm reading it is if we return our 3GS 32GB they will give us $100 credit for it? We just paid $300 for it, who in their right mind would do that?

EDIT: If anyone is stupid enough to do this, your father should of pulled out
    Last edited by laz305; 06-24-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123