Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: AT&T to Offer Cash Back to Recent 3GS Buyers

Sucks I purchased 2 3gs on April 30th

What if were not doing the exchange just an early upgrade would I still be able to keep the unl data plan?

Quote Originally Posted by alesparks View Post
    What if were not doing the exchange just an early upgrade would I still be able to keep the unl data plan?
    yes,

once you grand-fathered it, its yours till you get rid of it.
    yoTelefonoTresG, now introducing...
    the new..
    yoTelefonoCuatro.

say "Amen Brotha!" or "thanks a bunch!", click that "Thanks!" button!

50.00? youve got to be ***ing kidding me!!!!! ATT is sooooooooooooo cheap!. My 3gs is going on sale on craigslist or ebay. Gota wait til 4.0 comes out to unlock

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    A friend just bought a 3GS from an authorized retailer. I hope she will be eligible for the refund. Tank tops are gonna be worn that day.
    I have a good feeling she isn't ugly
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

I purchased a 3GS on May 22 at an AT&T store while I was in Florida last month, but I am back in New York now and want to exchange for the iPhone 4.

AT&T's official return policy on their site states:
    If the equipment you purchased directly from AT&T does not meet your expectations, you may return or exchange it at any AT&T owned retail store within 30 days from the date the equipment was purchased or shipped.

The leaked internal memo states that it must be done at the same store it was purchased at.

I really want the iPhone 4, but I will not be able to go back to the original point of purchase. AT&T's policy and the internal memo contradict each other on this. Do you think I will be able to get the exchange set up? Should I go in with a printed copy of their policy in case they give me trouble or will it be okay or will there be no chance of the exchange?

I appreciate any thoughts or comments on the matter

i fall perfectly between those dates, but i need to know for sure that i can hold onto my 3gs till the iphone 4 is released for the exchange to happen.. cant go turn it in and not have a phone till then.. i dont even have a clunker backup..
    also, when if the dates are coming up(june 14th) why hasnt this been made public?
    Last edited by madLyfe; 06-10-2010 at 11:24 PM.

I've had my 3gs since january, whats the going rate I used 3GS 16g?
    would like to buy a new 4gen. but Im sure its pricey. since I cant upgrade.
    anyone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

So... if I paid $199 for my iPhone 3GS on 5/31 then I will be able to take it in for an even exchange on the 24th, right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nrowensby View Post
    So... if I paid $199 for my iPhone 3GS on 5/31 then I will be able to take it in for an even exchange on the 24th, right?
    Yes, granted you bought it in a AT&T store and not Wal-mart/Best Buy
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep... it was bought at my local AT&T store!

This is AWESOME news; as I just renewed a line to get a brand new 16GB 3GS to trade outright for a Nexus One (the guy met me in the parking lot of the AT&T store).

I have since talked to the guy and told him that AT&T was offering a $50 rebate to me and offered to take his 3GS in and exchange it for a iPhone4 for $100 and he accepted. I wonder if what kind of shortages we are looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by yoTelefonoCuatro View Post
    we were trained that 98% of users stay under the 2gb mark.

everyone is freaking out over something thats really not that big of a deal...
    unless you were jb and tethering and using a crap-load of internet...
    then AT&T would just slow down your speed.. no fun in that.
    Today's 2% heavy users will be tomorrow's typical user. It's no different from what ISPs are doing for broadband. They are capping their plans, yet Netflix / others want us to use MORE broadband.

You can't have it both ways.

There's been some testing done that indicates you can get Netflix, about 13 hours, and ABC, about 10, on their viewer on the iPad. That's not that much.

This may not be a big deal for the iPhone, but it is for the iPad. How Much Video Can You Actually Stream With AT&T’s New Data Plans? – Clicker Blog - Clicker.com

So is it only AT&T corporate stores or Authorized Dealer? I bought my 3gs May 24th from Radio Shack as the corporate store didn't have any 16GB. When they went on sale at wal-mart for $99 I went back to Radio Shack and they called AT&T and gave me a $100 bill credit.

Before this came I out I was planning on adding a line with a new number to get the iPhone 4 then returning my 3gs and canceling that line and just using the new phone number.

If I can do the exchange that would be much easier. I called AT&T (business line) as I am on a corporate discount plan with my employer and they had no real info. They said I needed to go back to the store I bought it from. Return it and pay full retail price for the iPhone 4.

I called back and got someone else:

She stated that since I am still under the 30 days "buyer remorse" I should be able to return the phone but my 30 days is up June 23rd and since availability will be limited if I return my 3gs on the 23rd I may not get a iPhone 4 on the release date and thus be without a phone. She told me to go to the local corporate store and see what they will do for me since only AT&T and Apple will have the iPhone 4.

LOL what a mess. I will drop by the store tonight but they have never been helpful. Maybe I will find another corporate store around to go to.
    Last edited by 87vert; 06-11-2010 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madLyfe View Post
    i fall perfectly between those dates, but i need to know for sure that i can hold onto my 3gs till the iphone 4 is released for the exchange to happen.. cant go turn it in and not have a phone till then.. i dont even have a clunker backup..
    also, when if the dates are coming up(june 14th) why hasnt this been made public?
    did you look at the attached images of the memo? Page 4 (and other places) clearly states:

4 Dealer will instruct the customer to continue using their existing phone and once the iPhone 4 device is
    available they will be notified to complete the exchange in-store.

Thanks
    I bought my 3Gs on May 3rd, is there anything i can do?

can i trade my Iphone in for credit to the 4g?

Quote Originally Posted by maxgsteinberg View Post
    I bought my 3Gs on May 3rd, is there anything i can do?

can i trade my Iphone in for credit to the 4g?
    nope. may 7th and later.

Thanks
    Wow **** you AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by madLyfe View Post
    it was posted on their facebook:

Yobet Izquierdo Colon hi!! i resently at may 16th, I made a 2 year contract on a iphone 3gs, am i elegible for an upgrade or i have to pay it retail price for the iphone 4g???
    38 minutes ago Flag

AT&T Hi Yobet: Customers who purchased an iPhone between May 7th and May 21st will have an extension through June 21st to preorder iPhone 4 in an AT&T store. That means you can still return it (with a restocking fee) and preorder the iPhone 4. Hope that helps.
    36 minutes ago Flag

Charlie Pryor Lucky
    33 minutes ago Flag

Yobet Izquierdo Colon so i have to pre oder the iphone 4g latest june 21 and june 24th i return my 3gs??? and what is a restocking fee??
    27 minutes ago Flag

AT&T Hi Yobet: We'll have a customer care manager contact you to answer your questions.
    11 minutes ago Flag

Has anyone gone to their store and requested this exchange yet? If so, did you get any kind of confirmation that guarantees the exchange when the new iPhone comes out?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast