+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iPhone 4 Camera Images

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by pakijawan anyone checked out Nokia n8 picks ,is it same tech? Yeah my N82 had a beautiful 5mp camera and XENON Flash with Carl Zeis optics. And
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pakijawan View Post
    anyone checked out Nokia n8 picks ,is it same tech?
    Yeah my N82 had a beautiful 5mp camera and XENON Flash with Carl Zeis optics. And a front facing camera for video calls. And it is what, 3 years old?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I haven't seen anything that says the N8 uses a backlit CMOS sensor.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wanted a 5mp camera from Apple last year, Apple should of gone a few steps up. A few other smartphones out there can do better than 5mp now. Apple appears to be a bit late to the party on that feature.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ehhh, you can easily get that quality photo by just taking a photo of a photo, or really just pushing your camera really close up

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychodave View Post
    I wanted a 5mp camera from Apple last year, Apple should of gone a few steps up. A few other smartphones out there can do better than 5mp now. Apple appears to be a bit late to the party on that feature.
    Ohhhh I see.... you're one of THOSE guys. When will you and others that think as you understand that mp's does not a good picture make. It is more about the lens, amount of lite making it to the sensor and how the software processes that information. You could put a 40mp "camera" on a phone and if the rest of the system isn't up to snuff the pics will still look like crap.
    I know it sounds cool to bring up mp's when talking about cell phone cameras but when you have no clue what you're talking about the cool points just don't add up to much.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

pics looks amazing. damn pictures are very detiled and clean i love it

Thanks

only novices think the key to better photos lies in the number of megapixels.

no, what matters most is the quality of the megapixels your camera uses. a phone could have a 12 megapixel camera built-in but still have grainy pictures in low light and poor focusing. Apple's doing it right by focusing on the quality.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauldanielash View Post
    We're just going to have to wait and see how the camera does in the dark. Even so, the quality of the images under optimal conditions means that at least some of your camera pics - and videos - will be comparable to those taken by dedicated point-and-shoot or flip cameras. Which is pretty good for something that fits in your front pocket.
    What I really wanna know is how is the mic on the video recording? Is it like the flip in the sense that it automatically detects the volume level and adjust accordingly? The reason I ask is bc when I'm at @ concert the sound is really crappy, distorted, and too loud on the 3GS. But my flip cam gets great sound bc of the mic sensor. If the flip senses the music being to loud it turns down the mic input. does anyone know if apple was smart enough to do the same?
    mod/edit links removed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djaquapimp View Post
    What I really wanna know is how is the mic on the video recording? Is it like the flip in the sense that it automatically detects the volume level and adjust accordingly? The reason I ask is bc when I'm at @ concert the sound is really crappy, distorted, and too loud on the 3GS. But my flip cam gets great sound bc of the mic sensor. If the flip senses the music being to loud it turns down the mic input. does anyone know if apple was smart enough to do the same?

let's hope so. I went to see Brand New live at Wembley in January and I recorded a load of video, but they were ruined as it was pure distortion

Thanks

I could seriously care less about how good images look from a company that is pushing their own product. As the writeup says, these photos were definitely specifically chosen to show off the pluses of the camera - probably used about $15,000 in front lighting to help show off the contrast, too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately the iPhone camera still under performs the competitors in its class. The EVO has and 8MP camera... and front facing one as well. Common Apple! keep up with the times.

Thanks

Treadeater, the iphone 4 and its camera isn't even out yet, so how can you pass a decent judgment? How many times does it need to be said in one thread - 8MP does not garantee better quality than 5MP.

Thanks

checked out all the pictures on the Apple website and I was a little disappointed... no pictures of the inside of a bar?

Thanks

I love having a camera in my pocket whenever I need it, so I can catch the cute things my kids do. This is GREAT! The pictures are great quality and this will definitely be the only camera I need!

adp
    Thanks

More unedited pictures for your entertainment and judgement (click for full resolution)

Compare that to those of the HTC Evo and make your own conclusions. These definitely have a wider aspect ratio.

I say iPhone wins. A lot more detail, much better color
    Last edited by adp; 06-09-2010 at 06:26 AM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

16. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

Amraam (06-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Treadeater View Post
    Unfortunately the iPhone camera still under performs the competitors in its class. The EVO has and 8MP camera... and front facing one as well. Common Apple! keep up with the times.
    Well besides the horrid battery life my evo has, its camera inst all that amazing, 8mp is not necessarilly better than 5, Sony Ericson's had amazing 3.2mp cameras on their phones years ago that take better shot than my EVO

iPhone? More like MyPhone senas8's Avatar
    Thanks

Tell me it not so! Jaw drops!
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

Thanks

The only photo that doesn't impress me much is the one of the pencils. But that's a very close up shot and I think iphones have always struggled to photo close up (close than 18"-24") things.

Can't wait!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wow, nice. Although I thought the old camera was decent on the 3GS. My friend has a tmobile android phone with "better camera" and the pictures look like they are from a .3mp camera from 2001. Same with video. So in Apple's defense, Megapixels aren't all that.
    Really?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by niqolas619 View Post
    I could seriously care less about how good images look from a company that is pushing their own product. As the writeup says, these photos were definitely specifically chosen to show off the pluses of the camera - probably used about $15,000 in front lighting to help show off the contrast, too.
    While I agree with you to a point, do you simply toss aside all data and images the company gives regarding any features of their product? Of course they are going to give the best of the best. Notice how Apple never focuses on things they don't do compared to other companies (I am thinking flash here... before a flame war starts I am not for/against flash itself), but rather dances around topics like that. This is basic business. Take it with a grain of salt, but know that in the right hands those pics should be able to be reproduced using the camera.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings