+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Retina Display

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by cpkirkley How about SF4? Its also worth nothing that all that characters arent in that game. Forget years down the road - Apple seems to be making
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    How about SF4? Its also worth nothing that all that characters arent in that game. Forget years down the road - Apple seems to be making this push NOW. They are aggressively marketing the next generation of iDevices as full on replacements of dedicated mobile gaming systems - all while being everything else that iPhones have become. While I wont dispute that iOS is a viable choice for some gamers, those that are looking to see if the new iDevices can bring the same experience that the other systems can will take note when comparing the products.

iPhones are being pushed as "Do Everything" type of devices. While its great to say that, you also have to concede that while its a jack of all trades, it is a master of none.

Its not about running Crysis on Max settings on your phone, either. I'm saying that if this new iPhone is supposed to be a rival of a PSP or DS, then dumbed down ports of street fighter and hi-resolution versions of Zen Bound are not going to cut it.
    SF4 still only uses 90mb of RAM. just under 90mb left to use. i dont see any game using 180mb of RAM on an iPhone for years

your not going to see the iPhone compete as a proper gaming device for years for one simple reason. ill even quote you

iPhones are being pushed as "Do Everything" type of devices.
    IF they made the iPhone's main focus as a gaming machine or even made a giant push towards it, then they would be sacrificing its main purpose. to be a phone.
    people dont want over sized or over heavy phones weighing down their pockets.
    touch screen controls aren't the easiest thing to use for gaming.. they work.. but that's as far as it goes
    and if apple were to put in a big push for gaming, their price would also go way up which would deter a lot more people from buying it

i dont think apple is pushing their gaming industry right now, at least not so much hardware wise. i just think their keeping up with their competition currently. eventually they will make the leap above and beyond the rest but not yet

personally i dont think the iPhone is being marketed as a gaming device. i think iPod Touch is

iPhone = your general purpose, social, miscellaneous device
    iPod Touch = your gaming and media device (music, video, internet etc.)
    iPad = your business or simple laptop replacement (recreation) device
    iPod = your media device (music and video)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is the glass and the LCD display joined together as one unit? If so then unlike the 3g and the 3gs, replacing the glass on the iPhone 4, just like the original iPhone, will be such a pain in the *** to replace if the glass happens to break.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgabriel123 View Post
    There's already a phone called "something" HD (don't remember what it is though) but that is why apple didn't name it "iPhone HD"
    Keep in mind the "HD" is used a lot so why not keep it simple? I could care less about the name of the phone, just as long as it provides a great user experience.

Thanks

Thumbs up Sold me on the original iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggie216 View Post
    Anyone want to be the lab rat when you receive your iPhone 4? Take your keys and rub against the screen for awhile, let see how well it will hold up.
    This exact behavior is what sold me on the original iPhone. I wasn't going to buy into all the hype way back when, but the manager of the Apple Store in the Crabtree Valley Mall did just that--he put the iPhone down on the table, pulled the keys out of his pocket, held one key up between his thumb and forefinger, and proceeded to scratch the living shiz out of the iPhone. After about 15 seconds, he held it up and I saw it's pretty face and told him to put it in the box, I had a new phone.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I worked retail for a bit last year selling phones. I was the only one in the dept that actually managed to close sales on iPhones mostly in part because I always pulled mine out and scratched the hell out of it with whatever was available.

My 3G is about to turn two, never had a screen cover and has yet to get a single scratch in the front. The back has some noticeable scratches but who cares about the back?

Thanks

To all of you complaining that 256MB is not nearly enough ram for games, um do you have any idea how much ram a ps3 has? That's right, the ps3 a very capable gaming machine, has 256MB of ram.

Green Apple
    Thanks

cant wait to actually see it

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    To all of you complaining that 256MB is not nearly enough ram for games, um do you have any idea how much ram a ps3 has? That's right, the ps3 a very capable gaming machine, has 256MB of ram.
    back that up
    most of us are too lazy to google someones claims

Thanks

jmonkey: now that I think about it, you're absolutely right! Granted the PS3 RAM is a MUCH faster RAM, it's still 256! That's funny as hell. I forget who was complaining about the RAM but he will probably go crawl into a hole right about now. Lol

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234