Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Netflix App Inbound for iPhone This Summer

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Netflix App Inbound for iPhone This Summer

Introducing the 4th generation iPhone at this year's World Wide Developer Conference, Steve Jobs announced that "in 2010 we're going to take the biggest leap since the original iPhone." Right along with outstanding new developments to the hardware itself comes an array of new offerings for the iPhone that expand the content and entertainment opportunities available to its users.

Netflix CEO Reed Hastings unexpectedly took the stage at WWDC to announce what could very well be the hottest iPhone app for the remainder of 2010. "We just launched Netflix for the iPad, and it's been a huge success," said Hastings. "It's the #1 most downloaded in entertainment apps. But I'm happy to announce Netflix for iPhone coming this summer, for free."

Some of the attributes alluded to by Hastings rival those available through the iPad application. They include: full catalog, instant queue access, and movies can be resumed in progress from where you last left off. In fact, if you start watching a flick on the iPhone, you can finish watching it on your iPad without losing your place in the movie.

Once the instant excitement and enthusiasm for the Netflix app subsided, the reality of the arrival set in. With AT&T's new data plans in place for the iPhone, streaming with out an unlimited data plan could present significant barriers to enjoying the Netflix app in an unbridled fashion. But apart from the data demands, at least we know the power-conscious A4 processor and sizable new battery will prevent our iPhones from going dead only half-way through a movie.

At least we dont have to ask if this app or any others work over 3G anymore. 2GB cap!!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

I haz unlimited so it's not a problem for me :-)
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

i guess we wont need the hack to port it onto iphone anymore
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I already use the Data a lot with my phone - I've gone over 1.5GB twice in the last 3 months - and am worried that if I do use the Netflix app a lot that I could cross over 5GB. If I did that for a few months in a row, could there be problems for me?

a really expensive bill

Quite excited. I've been waiting for this one!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It will most likely be a WiFi only app because of ATT cap... I personally have had netflix acc for a long time and would love to watch movies on the go but if I would have to be confined in one area (home, or some other wifi) will be a pain. I think many people will avoid it for those reasons...

But on the good note it will be FREE! So can't really lose which ever way you look at it ;-)