Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Introducing iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by iownstan View Post
    how well do you think the $15/month 200MB data plan is going to work? how much internet usage do you think i can get out of that? i currently still have a $10 edge plan with my first gen iphone. i am really considering on signing a two year contract with the iphone 4, upon knowing if 200MBs will be sufficient every month. what do you guys think?
    I am sure that is not enough. By the time you go on youtube or slingplayer or any online games, you can kiss 200mbs good bye. 200mbs is nothing. I can use up 200mbs on edge for the whole day by replying on facebook, playing We Rule (Online Game), Pandora and i can used up over 200mb already for doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Happy Noodle Boy you said for the early upgrades are going to be $299/$399 and loko says is $499 whats the real thing?
    Reading the thread before asking questions FTW

Pre-orders start on Tuesday, June 15, with the 16GB iPhone going for $199 US and the 32GB for $299. Update: if you're an AT&T customer in the middle of your contract, you can get an iPhone 4 at "early upgrade" prices of $399 for the 16GB model and $499 for the 32GB.

Quote Originally Posted by hoqts View Post
    I am sure that is not enough. By the time you go on youtube or slingplayer or any online games, you can kiss 200mbs good bye. 200mbs is nothing. I can use up 200mbs on edge for the whole day by replying on facebook, playing We Rule (Online Game), Pandora and i can used up over 200mb already for doing that.
    wow thanks. that's terrible.

so 2GB wouldn't be a significant different either... i got excited for no reason.

Ok, I have read all this thread and listened to a bunch of people bash the new phone. I almost started believing them for a second, but then I thought to myself OK what do I want in a carry around device, and what can or can't the new iphone do?

1. I want great cell coverage. Jury is out on this one, although Apple did make a big point about the new antenna built into the case. Time will tell on this one, but they at least addressed the issue.

2. I want to be able to take pretty good pictures with it. I don't need to photograph a wedding, but if I want to take a picture of my kids game, or the birthday party or whatever, I want a nice picture. Between the 5 mgp camera the flash and the other improvements the iphone 4 looks to fit the bill.

3. Video camera that takes very good film. Iphone 4 with HD video has better resolution than my old video recorder, good to go.

4. Be able to read what is on the screen. Iphone 4 has a much better screen, once again a win.

5. Back facing camera. This always bugged me, my kids could skype and do all that crap with their notebooks, but the old iphone couldn't , new one can. Cool!

6. Calendar, old one did fine, new one does fine.

7. Get my emails. New one combines all my email accounts so I can find them. Cool

8. People can hear me when I talk on the phone. Iphone 4 has better mike set up...yay

9. Longer battery life. Iphone 4 has longer life than my old 3g...good once again.

10. Faster processor.. New one is faster.

11. More storage. 32 is more than my 16. I haven't maxed out my 16g yet. 32 is double that. WOW

I guess I'm not seeing all the negatives some of you are, Apple pretty much addressed all of the pressing issues I had. I want a swiss army knife type cellphone. One that will do everything I need as well as I need it done. The 3gs didn't take pictures or video well enough to serve my needs. It was a little slow, the battery died rather quickly, the screen was a little tough to read at times, and I was approaching my memory limit. Finally, the coverage wasn't as good as it was on my old motorola razer.

Apple addressed everyone of the items I took issue with with the old phone, except for the final one, and only time will tell on that one. All of this plus, I can sell my old 3gs on ebay for more or less the cost of a brand new 4. I guess you can call me a fanboy if you want, but boy I can't wait for that at&t package to show up at the door.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moosestache View Post
    Reading the thread before asking questions FTW

Pre-orders start on Tuesday, June 15, with the 16GB iPhone going for $199 US and the 32GB for $299. Update: if you're an AT&T customer in the middle of your contract, you can get an iPhone 4 at "early upgrade" prices of $399 for the 16GB model and $499 for the 32GB.
    I read that and everybody here read that, with thatone we got 3 differect vesrsions of prices, all I want to know is the source of each one, wich one is true, you are just repeating what you saw.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    I read that and everybody here read that, with thatone we got 3 differect vesrsions of prices, all I want to know is the source of each one, wich one is true, you are just repeating what you saw.
    No I am not just repeating, I simply copied the quote that came directly from Apple, but let me explain it to you.

If your contract is up, you will pay either $199 or $299, depending upon whether you get the 16g or 32g model, color doesn't affect the price. In addition to the internet,and the keynote speech with Steve Jobs, I spoke with my at&t account rep to make sure I qualified for the upgrade. He quoted me these prices for the iphone 4's.

If your contract isn't completely up, apple set it up so you would be able to pay a little more and still upgrade, those prices are $399 and $499.

Finally, there will be prices if you want to buy the phone and not have a contract. Now I am not sure but I used google and found those prices in about 1000 places on the internet to be listed as $599 and $699.

If you don't believe me you could google it yourself, or even go to apple's website and check it out.

I hope this explains it well.
    Last edited by Moosestache; 06-09-2010 at 04:21 AM.

What I really like about this one except, for updated technical features, is its colour range. IPhone becomes more personal- still it has its individuality secured.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Joke?

Quote Originally Posted by ErikiPhone View Post
    What I really like about this one except, for updated technical features, is its colour range. IPhone becomes more personal- still it has its individuality secured.
    ........what?

wow thanks. that's terrible.

so 2GB wouldn't be a significant different either... i got excited for no reason.
    I like to let you know that I cant use over 2GB of 3G service on regular basis unless I am in vacation. I used up over 2G before when I went to the cruise for a week just for surfing, checking emails and all other games that requires online. I have wifi at work and so I won't be using 3G as much unless I go on vacation or searching if needed when im outside. Don't mention GPS like TomTom or Magellan. That will eat up 2GB no time.
    You can check how much data plan you had use in a day and you can do the calculations.
    Last edited by hoqts; 06-09-2010 at 01:27 PM.

If you already have unlimited data, why are you worried?? Just keep your current plan, and all is golden.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    If you already have unlimited data, why are you worried?? Just keep your current plan, and all is golden.
    Im not worried but someone asked and Im answering it.

Quote Originally Posted by hoqts View Post
    Im not worried but someone asked and Im answering it.
    I wasn't referring to you, otherwise I would have quoted you. I'm just stating in general to those people complaining about the new tiered data plans.

I wasn't referring to you, otherwise I would have quoted you. I'm just stating in general to those people complaining about the new tiered data plans.
    Oh ok. I understand them and even I complaint about the new data plans. a complete rip/money making for ATT. Just hope that everyone can make through the 2GB data plans till ATT releases unlimited data plan for all. I will not like to see someone from modmyi went over their att bill because of data plans.

i have a $10 plan for edge.

according to this source-
    Hey AT&T, Can I Upgrade From An EDGE Data Plan And Still Get The Unlimited Option? - The Consumerist

it applies for me as well. BUT i am pretty sure my $10 plan is not legit and authorized by AT&T... i'm not sure. what to do!? i really want the iphone4!! big upgrade from my three year old 2G.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

BUT i am pretty sure my $10 plan is not legit and authorized by AT&T...
    what make you think that?

As far as I know 3G or edge is not the issue, the "unlimited" data plan is what grandfathers you in.

Quote Originally Posted by hadzo View Post
    what make you think that?

As far as I know 3G or edge is not the issue, the "unlimited" data plan is what grandfathers you in.
    not authorized by AT&T. should i go talk to my cellphone dealer? he is the one who set up the $10 deal for me. anyone know what $10 internet plan i'm talking about?

not authorized by AT&T. should i go talk to my cellphone dealer? he is the one who set up the $10 deal for me. anyone know what $10 internet plan i'm talking about?
    Actually, i know several people whom have the Samsung Eternity and they have the $10 unlimited web, multimedia package.....They also can NOT get an Iphone and keep their unlimted $10....So if they ever decide to get an iphone, they will have to go with the NEW plans. Because the $10 plan was never an Iphone plan. They either have to keep the Eternity or change their plan.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    im back on my iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Thanks

Sure I am going to preorder the 4G on the 15th but for me the only downside is that I won't have the awesome G.O.C. Pro theme by ToyVan. Come on jailbreak!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast