Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Introducing iPhone 4is a discussion within the
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
Originally Posted by iownstan how well do you think the $15/month 200MB data plan is going to work? how much internet usage do you think i can get out of...
06-08-2010, 09:11 PM #221
06-08-2010, 09:14 PM #222
Pre-orders start on Tuesday, June 15, with the 16GB iPhone going for $199 US and the 32GB for $299. Update: if you're an AT&T customer in the middle of your contract, you can get an iPhone 4 at "early upgrade" prices of $399 for the 16GB model and $499 for the 32GB.
06-08-2010, 09:28 PM #223
06-08-2010, 09:34 PM #224
Ok, I have read all this thread and listened to a bunch of people bash the new phone. I almost started believing them for a second, but then I thought to myself OK what do I want in a carry around device, and what can or can't the new iphone do?
1. I want great cell coverage. Jury is out on this one, although Apple did make a big point about the new antenna built into the case. Time will tell on this one, but they at least addressed the issue.
2. I want to be able to take pretty good pictures with it. I don't need to photograph a wedding, but if I want to take a picture of my kids game, or the birthday party or whatever, I want a nice picture. Between the 5 mgp camera the flash and the other improvements the iphone 4 looks to fit the bill.
3. Video camera that takes very good film. Iphone 4 with HD video has better resolution than my old video recorder, good to go.
4. Be able to read what is on the screen. Iphone 4 has a much better screen, once again a win.
5. Back facing camera. This always bugged me, my kids could skype and do all that crap with their notebooks, but the old iphone couldn't , new one can. Cool!
6. Calendar, old one did fine, new one does fine.
7. Get my emails. New one combines all my email accounts so I can find them. Cool
8. People can hear me when I talk on the phone. Iphone 4 has better mike set up...yay
9. Longer battery life. Iphone 4 has longer life than my old 3g...good once again.
10. Faster processor.. New one is faster.
11. More storage. 32 is more than my 16. I haven't maxed out my 16g yet. 32 is double that. WOW
I guess I'm not seeing all the negatives some of you are, Apple pretty much addressed all of the pressing issues I had. I want a swiss army knife type cellphone. One that will do everything I need as well as I need it done. The 3gs didn't take pictures or video well enough to serve my needs. It was a little slow, the battery died rather quickly, the screen was a little tough to read at times, and I was approaching my memory limit. Finally, the coverage wasn't as good as it was on my old motorola razer.
Apple addressed everyone of the items I took issue with with the old phone, except for the final one, and only time will tell on that one. All of this plus, I can sell my old 3gs on ebay for more or less the cost of a brand new 4. I guess you can call me a fanboy if you want, but boy I can't wait for that at&t package to show up at the door.
06-08-2010, 09:55 PM #225
06-09-2010, 03:11 AM #226
If your contract is up, you will pay either $199 or $299, depending upon whether you get the 16g or 32g model, color doesn't affect the price. In addition to the internet,and the keynote speech with Steve Jobs, I spoke with my at&t account rep to make sure I qualified for the upgrade. He quoted me these prices for the iphone 4's.
If your contract isn't completely up, apple set it up so you would be able to pay a little more and still upgrade, those prices are $399 and $499.
Finally, there will be prices if you want to buy the phone and not have a contract. Now I am not sure but I used google and found those prices in about 1000 places on the internet to be listed as $599 and $699.
If you don't believe me you could google it yourself, or even go to apple's website and check it out.
I hope this explains it well.
Last edited by Moosestache; 06-09-2010 at 03:21 AM.
06-09-2010, 03:49 AM #227
What I really like about this one except, for updated technical features, is its colour range. IPhone becomes more personal- still it has its individuality secured.
06-09-2010, 06:17 AM #228
06-09-2010, 10:35 AM #229
06-09-2010, 12:23 PM #230
You can check how much data plan you had use in a day and you can do the calculations.
Last edited by hoqts; 06-09-2010 at 12:27 PM.
06-09-2010, 12:42 PM #231
If you already have unlimited data, why are you worried?? Just keep your current plan, and all is golden.
06-09-2010, 12:53 PM #232
06-09-2010, 01:00 PM #233
06-09-2010, 01:23 PM #234
06-09-2010, 02:17 PM #235
according to this source-
Hey AT&T, Can I Upgrade From An EDGE Data Plan And Still Get The Unlimited Option? - The Consumerist
it applies for me as well. BUT i am pretty sure my $10 plan is not legit and authorized by AT&T... i'm not sure. what to do!? i really want the iphone4!! big upgrade from my three year old 2G.
06-09-2010, 02:24 PM #236
06-09-2010, 03:58 PM #237
06-09-2010, 04:25 PM #238
06-09-2010, 04:50 PM #239
im back on my iPhone
06-09-2010, 05:00 PM #240
Sure I am going to preorder the 4G on the 15th but for me the only downside is that I won't have the awesome G.O.C. Pro theme by ToyVan. Come on jailbreak!