Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Introducing iPhone 4

How much faster is this phone compared to the 3gs? Jobs did not mention the speed of the 4g. I have a 3gs that is only 6 months old but if the speed is not greatly increased I will just keep the 3gs and upgrade the OS.

Does it state anything about speaker volumes being increased?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeditout2130 View Post
    I can't understand most of the ******** and complaining.

If you play your cards right you essentially get a "free" upgrade every year. Hell, some years you'll come out with extra money in your pocket.
    Agreed, I've made money every year by getting a new phone. I don't care that I have a contract. I'll always have cell service so who cares if I'm under contract. I have 4 friends with Iphones on my family plan so it's cheap anyways. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you hate Iphones, why are you on our site? I LOVE the new phone and WILL have one on release day.

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to preorder a 32gb iPhone 4 for the early upgrade fee of 499 on june 15 or is that just for regular upgrades?

And also did they reveal a 8gb 3gs? its on the pic.... also what about a white iPhone 4 is that available on june 24 or no?
    Last edited by piston597; 06-08-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes the "early" upgraders for 299/399 will be able to place a pre-order on the 15th and both colors will be available

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Whats the source of your information about the prices?
    Excuse me i mis typed that.....It is $499 for the 32GB with early contract extension.

This is why i said IF ur full contract is up in early 2011. I'd hold off and wait until then. Because it will be well worth the wait over the iphone 4G they are offering now. Plus u can get it cheaper because ur full contract will be up by the time of release. No point in paying extra money for a phone now and a better phone next year. When u could just hold off and buy the better one next year at a cheaper price. (IMO)

When they start supporting 960P and/or even 60FPS. The iphone 4 they are offering now is gonna be crap compared to it.

Ya mine ends june 19 2011... probably right before iPhone 5 or iPhone 4.5 lol... might as well wait it off.

After thinking about it, and seeing that I won't be eligible for a full upgrade price until March 2011, I'll wait for the next inevitable iPhone in June 2011. It will be better, faster and maybe 64GB finally.

Everyone else, enjoy your new iPhone 4.

Ok, so this has probably already been answered but I haven't had the time to read through the 14 pages of posts on here. I apologize in advance!

I've checked numerous resources and keep getting mixed answers. I am a current AT&T customer who started with them on the original iPhone 2G day. My contract (for the 3GS) was up this year so I can pick up the iPhone 4 at the discounted rate. If/When I do, what happens with my contract? Can I keep my current unlimited data plan? What other options do I have? How about pricing?

Thanks!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^ yes you will keep your unlimited plan. Basically, you go to the Apple store and "upgrade" to iPhone 4. Everything will remain the same.

I think I'll just stick with my Nokia 3210 for the moment, and in 2020 I'll get the iPhone 20G as it'll be soooooooo much better than this one

Fair enough some of you are happy enough to stick with your old model for a year or two and wait for something better. Lifes too short! I'd rather grab the 4G, use it for a YEAR (its not like we're talking about 2 months until they release a newer one) and then buy a 4GS or 5G (or whatever they call it) when it comes out!

Maybe your 3GS will be good enough - but don't moan about how the 4G isn't enough of an update just because you're stuck in a contract for another year. As per the WWDC release yesterday - this is the biggest improvement they've made since the iPhone 2G... so Apple obviously feel its a big upgrade. There are some great new features, and the screen looks amazing.

I've put my name down for updates on the O2 website and will be waiting patiently for the pre-order date.
    White or Black??? I'm not sure! The white 3GS got filthy, but the dirt ingrained into the plastic back. With a glass back, this one shouldn't suffer the same problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Dear Apple,

I'm not paying $600 for a 5mp camera. I did that in 2002. No storage increase, no sale. My 32gb 3gs will do just fine with no regrets.

Ok a one question before I make up my mind. Will I get to keep my iPhone 3gs's unlimited data plan if I get the early upgrade?

i believe so. you will be "Grandfathered in"

Random question... Will the iPhone 4 be compatible with the T-Mobile 3G network or will it still use the Edge when unlocked?

EDITED:
    Nevermind. Found the answer... UMTS (iv) is not supported. :-(
    Last edited by BenzoHartt; 06-08-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Jab, I believe that pre-ordering is only for Aplle Stores, not AT&T. As for different addresses, you should be able to do it as two different orders. Place 1 at a time.
    hmmm...i just checked att's website and they now have email notifications for the iphone 4 so maybe they'll have pre-ordering as well. as for ordering 1 at a time, GOOD CALL, THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Dear Apple,

I'm not paying $600 for a 5mp camera. I did that in 2002. No storage increase, no sale. My 32gb 3gs will do just fine with no regrets.
    Sell the 3GS for $400-500, only really pay for the difference!

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Happy Noodle Boy you said for the early upgrades are going to be $299/$399 and loko says is $499 whats the real thing?
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Will the iPhone 4 be available for pre order without AT&T contract?

how well do you think the $15/month 200MB data plan is going to work? how much internet usage do you think i can get out of that? i currently still have a $10 edge plan with my first gen iphone. i am really considering on signing a two year contract with the iphone 4, upon knowing if 200MBs will be sufficient every month. what do you guys think?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast