+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Android Froyo Running On iPhone 3G : Almost 100% Compatible

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'm definitely going to try this when someone adds 3GS support but I'd still wait a little while till the power management stuff is supported. I'd rather not have my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm definitely going to try this when someone adds 3GS support but I'd still wait a little while till the power management stuff is supported. I'd rather not have my phone cook itself.

The 3GS hardware is a little different which I think is why its not yet supported.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by projectdwnshft View Post
    not sure what the point of this is, if u want to use that OS cause u find it better than whats on ur iphone then go get an HTC phone or an android. that vid makes that ported os look like a slow waste of time
    Its already been said why. Have the best of both worlds.

Why do you dual boot Windows and MacOS?
    Why have 2 phones when you can have 2 OSs on the 1 phone.

It also shows you the capabilities of the iPhone and the potential it can have if Apple unlocked it properly.

It has been shown the Android OS working on the iPhone and showing flash running. Apple has no excuse why it wont put flash on the iPhone OS.
    It's proven not to be a hardware problem, its a rude apple as a company problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wreck-gar View Post
    I'm definitely going to try this when someone adds 3GS support but I'd still wait a little while till the power management stuff is supported. I'd rather not have my phone cook itself.

The 3GS hardware is a little different which I think is why its not yet supported.
    I dont think there will be 3GS support because the 3GS doesn't run unsigned firmware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I still cannot understand the obsession with wanting another platform on the iPhone....
    and every single time we talk about android on the iphone, somebody ALWAYS asks the same thing you did

are you slow? what's there not to get? what's so wrong with running two OS's? why does that bug you so much?

you know damn well why people would want to do this, but for some reason, you really want to ask a really dumb question...
    Last edited by back9player; 06-06-2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: horrible grammar...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatsnake View Post
    I dont think there will be 3GS support because the 3GS doesn't run unsigned firmware.
    I though some of the earlier 3GS had a different BIOS that would allow unsigned firmware?

Thanks
    iphodroid was supposed to be path breaking but doesn't work on iphone 2g having 3.1.2 firmware and all android images .phew i tried a lot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wreck-gar View Post
    I though some of the earlier 3GS had a different BIOS that would allow unsigned firmware?
    No - it allowed an untethered JB, the later iBoot blocked that exploit but no 3GS can run unsigned FW.

Nice to see this project progressing. One day, when there is a one click solution, I might try it. In the mean time I'll leave it to people that know what they are doing.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ all people who are wondering why you would want to dualboot your iPhone --> a tweaker: someone who tries to manage things that arent possible, someone who experiments a lot with his device(s)

And also, why? Because it's possible!

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

...Android on iPad??

I think they will call the next iPhone the 3GSS. The SS is for Super Speed. And it wont be a box like it is in all the leaks, it will look exactly like the current iPhone, and have the exact same specs.

Haha ^^ and Apple fan an iPhone user's worst nightmare
    Last edited by staterunner180; 06-07-2010 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I still cannot understand the obsession with wanting another platform on the iPhone....
    melech, i think it was just the challenge that [originally] planetbeing was chasing. the idea of crossing a plateau that no one else has done or tried before.....i agree with you though.
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is froyo the one with flash support?
    then we can see flash on iphone now?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

For all the haters out there, I can only think of two scenarios. You either have never used android, or you are simply hating because it is not the iPhone OS. I don't own anything android, but have had the chance to use a friend's phone quite a bit. There is nothing laggy or bad about it, especially once it is tweaked a bit. The UI also has a ton more information available at a glance and is WAYYY more customizable. If you don't care about that, I wonder what you want in a phone in the first place. All that said, I am not sure why I even bother typing this. I am pretty sure 90% of people that are ripping on android are basing their opinions on what they have READ and not what they have EXPERIENCED (much like the iPad bashing crowd).

I will end with a question. Why do you jailbreak your iPhones? So you can do whatever the hell you want with the OS, right? Seems to me if that is goof enough reason for JB iPhone OS, then it is good enough reason for porting android.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 06-07-2010 at 03:46 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

It would probably be cool for a day, then I would miss papijump

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There's definitely a potential in this one! It'd be awesome if we could run multi os on our phones...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I could Understand why you want android on your iPhone , Android it's the sh:t . Loving my Nexus one since January n I'm not going back to the iPhone ever fools.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    i would keep my 3gs if it would be supported for dual boot in the future. dangit!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1PM@N!O View Post
    sleakest... fastest... seen the HTC incredible?
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
    I'd say the fastest is the EVO and HTC Incredible, which are essentially the same phone with a few minor differences..
    Corrected them for ya. Droid is a phone manufactured by Motorola... Android is the operating system... and HTC is the manufacturer of the Incredible and EVO.

...and sticking to the GSM homefront... How about the Nexus One? I'd say it's faster and sleeker than the iPhone.
    Last edited by nrowensby; 06-07-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Please stop calling the new iPhone iPhone 4G or 4G iPhone before you give me an aneurism.

It'll be called iPhone. Just iPhone. You can refer to it as the 4th generation iPhone (or 4th gen) but for the love of god DO NOT USE 4G.

The 3G referred to the new 3G radio in the 2nd gen iPhone. 3GS was the 3rd generation and the S was for speed.

The new iPhone won't be called 4G. Not in a million billion years so please stop.

Thanks

Are you going to get the iPhone 4G Happy Noodle Boy?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

AARRGHHsjlhdfjkwhejkbnfkrkvenrvjkenkasd

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.