+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WWDC 2010 "Just Isn't About the iPad"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Sources close to the Monday morning kick-off of WWDC 2010 report that anyone hoping for a lot of iPad news and excitement coming out of the convention will be "gravely
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default WWDC 2010 "Just Isn't About the iPad"

Sources close to the Monday morning kick-off of WWDC 2010 report that anyone hoping for a lot of iPad news and excitement coming out of the convention will be "gravely disappointed." While the iPad has clearly been Apple's biggest attention-getter and possibly biggest future revenue-earner, Cupertino is prepared to almost gratuitously shove the iPad out of the spotlight this week - at least by comparison to the royal spotlight it's received since January 27th.

The worst kept secret ahead of Steve Jobs' keynote at the World Wide Developer Conference is that the Apple chief will announce brand spankin' new iPhone models centered on the new iPhone OS 4.0. While there's also been talk of possible announcements regarding everything from Safari 5 to an iTunes streaming service, all has been quiet on the iPad rumor front. Why? Because the 2010 WWDC "just isn't about the iPad."

Bursting into the marketplace only two months ago, millions of iPads have already been sold with millions more likely to be sold before the end of 2010. It's evident that Apple has spent enough time and effort pushing this new product. Those who think Apple may stun the world with a new iPad model tomorrow are "virtually insane," according to the same sources that predict a major attention getter for Cupertino in the days and weeks ahead.

With added competition in the smartphone space and most of Apple's media attention this year centered on the iPad, Steve Jobs is poised to re-center the focus of his company on the iPhone. Apple has high hopes of the 4th generation iPhone, which may be available to consumers within a matter of days. So to those who are sick of all the iPad news, you're in luck! Once again it's going to be "all about the iPhone and its apps" (at least for a while), beginning tomorrow morning.

Thanks

thanks for... stating the obvious ???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cant Wait For This!!

Thanks

Apple should just unveil a new shuffle instead of iPhone just so people never believe rumours again

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

Atomi (06-06-2010), staterunner180 (06-06-2010)

Thanks

Default That would be hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    apple should just unveil a new shuffle instead of iphone just so people never believe rumours again
    ^ haha
    it's just a plant. Thats all it is. And if you happen to set it on fire...there are some effects...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Apple should just unveil a new shuffle instead of iPhone just so people never believe rumours again
    Yea seriously. Or ay they're moving on to something completely different. Like building electric cars.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why does apple not separate jailbreak and unlock from each other. that way i would not jailbreak my iphone. I DONT WANT TO JAILBREAK TO UNLOCK

Thanks

Its a new add campaign... About a society of free thinking people slowly shoved into an Orwellian 1984 society... with the tag line... Your free to do as we tell you... and the a giant Apple logo on the screen and under it says..."or else"... the irony would be that it would all have been a Flash presentation followed by an announcement that Apple had bought Adobe
    please drink the free punch in the lobby and have a nice day =0)
    "Jane, get me off this crazy thing !!!!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone who thought there would be an ipad refresh tomorrow is BEYOND out of their mind.

some people are SO misinformed it can almost be mistaken for pure stupidity.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolasme View Post
    Its a new add campaign... About a society of free thinking people slowly shoved into an Orwellian 1984 society... with the tag line... Your free to do as we tell you... and the a giant Apple logo on the screen and under it says..."or else"... the irony would be that it would all have been a Flash presentation followed by an announcement that Apple had bought Adobe
    please drink the free punch in the lobby and have a nice day =0)
    Was thinking of the same thing - brilliant...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not really surprised...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I spoke to a person at att today due to me having to activate a go phone iphone got stolen last night she said orders would be open sometime this week.... I also know of a few att employees who already have the 4g

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So what. Apples just gonna do what they always do and release a new ipad next year with faster processor. Then 2 years later, they will put a camera and some other things. Lol.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilreeken View Post
    i also know of a few att employees who already have the 4g
    rofl
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings