+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T New Wireless Data Plans

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
they should make a plan thats based only wifi...no data charges...no data involved. just pay for a normal plan.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default just call
    they should make a plan thats based only wifi...no data charges...no data involved. just pay for a normal plan.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacDevil7334's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SchmilK View Post
    I stream airvideo and slingbox 2-6 hours a day while I drive my 120 mile commute and have used 7.6gb in the past 3 weeks. If I ever leave work and need my own plan it is going to suck! It's very unfair to drop unlimited and lower the price $5 for such a low data limit.
    See, I can't really imagine streaming large amounts of video on the iPhone with its tiny screen. However, I sure can imagine streaming tons of video on my iPad (I already do), and I'm royally pissed they are doing away with the unlimited plan.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a feeling a lot of new customers who sign up for the 200mb plan will have huge overages. I bet a majority of users do not understand what apps use a lot of data and after a while they will forget to keep track also. I think it would have been better with 500mb for $15 and 5GB for $30. Oh well I'm glad I don't have to worry about it.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I stream airvideo and slingbox 2-6 hours a day while I drive my 120 mile commute and have used 7.6gb in the past 3 weeks. If I ever leave work and need my own plan it is going to suck! It's very unfair to drop unlimited and lower the price $5 for such a low data limit.
    I'm sorry am I missing something here or are you telling us that you're basically watching tv/video on your phone WHILE DRIVING A VEHICLE???

Please tell me you carpool or something because if you are indeed using your phone while driving PLEASE STOP BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEONE.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you mean that you watch video while driving, I hope that you kill or disable only yourself and not somebody unfortunate enough to be in front of you while you're catching up on Grey's Anatomy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I actually like the plans because me being a teen right now, my parents wouldn't be able to get me a smartphone. Now since I have Wi-Fi at home, I don't really have to worry about going over what i'm allowed to have. I would get the 200mb plan since that fits me best

Thanks

i use anywhere between 6GB-11GB a month. im fine the way that it is [$30] \unlmtd-5GB\ why've they gotta change? depressing. [by the way if you havnt all noticed] we'll be paying $5 less than we are NOW for more than half less the amount of data we currently can access for $30!!??? ughh

^^by the way i hate these fake posters. heartgoldZ95 signed up in dec2009 and is JUST NOW making their first post. im calling SHINANIGANS on this one^^
    Last edited by rhekt; 06-07-2010 at 03:40 AM.
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For people who don't know, the reason they aren't offering the unlimited is because the 2% of users who use more than 2gb per month consume more than 40% of the bandwith for internet. Which slows the data down ect.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    U can easily exceed 2gb in 2-3 days of near casual use
    2GB in 2-3 days is not casual use.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't use much at all, but I will never get rid of the Unlimited Plan

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Confirmed with AT&T Current unlimited data users can keep extending their contracts and never loose unlimited data. We are basically grandfathered in for life.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr0herb View Post
    Confirmed with AT&T Current unlimited data users can keep extending their contracts and never loose unlimited data. We are basically grandfathered in for life.
    It's cute that you think ATT will let you leech unlimited data until you're dead.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T or any other carrier cannot legally change your contract. If it comes to point where they need to, they'd have to waive all ETF and give you the option to leave without penalty.

Hell, I still know people in AT&T that have Cingular plans.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a killer Cingular plan. Wait. Or is that an AT&T plan? I have been with them since AT&T sold their wireless division to Cingular and then bought it back

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123