+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Email Steve Jobs, Get an Answer; Email AT&T, Get a Threat

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The iPhone single handedly saved AT&T, They should be a little more grateful !!!!
    MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPhone single handedly saved AT&T, They should be a little more grateful !!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

They are both still evil empires at this point, the difference is that ATT figured they'll get your money either way and Apple is out to rip it from your cold dead hands therefore they kiss every inch of your *** to do it.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hate how Steve Jobs always has a short response and he's "always" right

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I read most of the responses here and have to laugh!

I think Giorgio Galante is being a whiny little baby. "Move my upgrade date up or I'll hold my breath until I turn blue!!" Really? He signed the contract and should live up to it. HE had a choice to pick at&t and iPhone. HE picked it now he should live with the choice and not expect "special" treatment (moving upgrade date). He also says how big his bill is.... again, he knew what the cost would be when he signed the contract so no need to cry about it now. Between my wife and I our at&t bill is around $170, guess I should shoot a letter off to at&t ********, even though I knew what it was going to be when I SIGNED the contract.
    As for him whining about the new data plans (that won't affect him in the least bit)why does he care? He stated that he doesn't use 2gig a month so even if he HAD to switch (which he doesn't) it STILL wouldn't affect him. All these people blowing up about the new pricing is a joke. No one with an iPhone now has to change plans, no one, nadda, nil, zilch, zero people. The new pricing will bring even more people to at&t and iPhone seeing as the mandatory $30 data price was a big thing holding a lot of people back. I think if the majority of people crying about the new pricing were honest with themselves they would see they simply don't use as much data as they think (plus it makes no difference because they don't need to switch anyway.) Of course tethering is a different animal but that is not the argument here.

Now all things being said, I think at&t handled it stupidly and I'm sure that is being taken care of. Giorgio is crying because he didn't get his way and have his upgrade date moved up so he threw a bit of a fit.... I say see ya later and I look forward to his next whiny letter to Verizon/T-Mobile/Sprint when THEY won't give him his way. I know it's popular to hack on at&t, but each and every person knew what they were getting into when they signed on the dotted line, now man up and deal or pay the etf and see ya later.
    Last edited by rkswat; 06-05-2010 at 11:38 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So where are all the idiots that keep defending AT&T? Can you not think of any way to apologize for this BS they came up with. I laugh every time on of you morons tries to defend anything this company does or says. I'm really tired of being right about them, they don't care about anything other than money. What they can't cheat out of their customers they'll go whining to the US Government to get. What a joke.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    So where are all the idiots that keep defending AT&T? Can you not think of any way to apologize for this BS they came up with. I laugh every time on of you morons tries to defend anything this company does or says. I'm really tired of being right about them, they don't care about anything other than money. What they can't cheat out of their customers they'll go whining to the US Government to get. What a joke.
    At what point did I ever defend at&t? as a matter of fact:
    Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Now all things being said, I think at&t handled it stupidly and I'm sure that is being taken care of.....
    This is what I said.....so in what way does that statement "defend" at&t in any way? So maybe the "morons" are the ones that can't read.

Simple solution to your problem, ditch at&t. If you don't like their service, data plans, rate plans, phones, color of their logo what ever simply change providers it's really THAT simple.
    Last edited by rkswat; 06-05-2010 at 11:36 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs down att sucks
    same here too many drop calls or its says call failed took tonns of screen shots on iphone where the signal strength is 4 bars n says call failed called att they r blaming it on apple ,........

The 20th Member
    Thanks

i think its funny how many hate att. yet by the end of this month they will have the new iphone and nice shiny new 2yr contract to go with it. i happen to love att i live in hawaii and can be out in the middle of a rainforest out in the mountains and i still have 3-4 bars 3g customer service has never treated me. if i have a problem i call they fix it or give me credits to make up for it. i used to work att so im better off than most ppl here i get a huge monthly discount and my iphone data is only 12 for unlimited but before i worked there i loved the service if i didnt like it iw oudl have left. i dont see why ppl are on here to complain about the service other than its the trendy thing to do. its simple if u dont like the service pay the ETF and leave or wait it out and leave dont sit and clutter place like this up it gets annoying after awhile
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if i were this guy i would contact my local newspaper publisher or something similar and make this public. This, I think is outrageous. This just proves at&t's horrible customer support.

Thanks

We should all send them emails to send them a message that we all want a better pricing plans from these greedy pigs!!
    Last edited by smooth22; 06-06-2010 at 09:35 PM. Reason: forgot all.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    At what point did I ever defend at&t? as a matter of fact: This is what I said.....so in what way does that statement "defend" at&t in any way? So maybe the "morons" are the ones that can't read.

Simple solution to your problem, ditch at&t. If you don't like their service, data plans, rate plans, phones, color of their logo what ever simply change providers it's really THAT simple.
    At what point did I ever say anything to you? Oh, that's right. I DIDN'T. It was a general rant not directed at a particular individual. Simple solution to your problem, learn to read. I never said anything about you, to you, in response to your post, your opinion, or in your direction. Figure out how to read posts and respond to the correct people, it's really THAT simple.

Thanks

We all should form our own independent cell phone company just for the jailbreakers. 50$ unlimited everything.........I would cry tears of joy for days.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12