+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Data Calculator - You Might Need It!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With AT&T changing their data plans you might need this! And its unbelievable that we would even have to think of using such a thing! I thought I should post
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AT&T Data Calculator - You Might Need It!
    With AT&T changing their data plans you might need this! And its unbelievable that we would even have to think of using such a thing! I thought I should post this so everyone knows of it. Its really easy to use. Just slide the sliders for each thing you do in a day or month.

For instance if you sent 20 email message out in one day and received 30 you would slide the slider to 50 in a day for emails sent/received in one day with no attachments.

They have many categories that one would do in a day such as email, emails with photos, emails sent with attachments, hours of streaming music, web pages viewed, apps/games/songs downloaded, social media posts with photos uploaded and minutes of streaming video.

Say you streamed music for 2.5 hours according to their calculator you would use 2.15 GB of data.

So if you are one that doesn't keep your unlimited data plan you better bookmark this. And if you go over you can tell them that you used their data calculator!

Data Calculator

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hate AT&T with a passion........can you hear me now......??........first

Thanks

.47 MB for me, i'm probably gonna get the rogers 1gb limit
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

F this... They should offer an unlimited option. This is the kind of thing that makes me move my foot in the verizon door...

iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    F this... They should offer an unlimited option. This is the kind of thing that makes me move my foot in the verizon door...
    let me help you with your other foot and completely move you to verizon....more data for us loyal att customers !

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FURBY8704 For This Useful Post:

jcal08 (06-05-2010), Squeaky369 (06-06-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

From my past months I am good on even using the 15$ plan. I generally have wifi in the areas that I have time to browse in. So this is going to save me money.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So is this thing bogus or just not working correctly... Setting the video option to Month then changing the bar until it reaches its full 2gig, it shows that i can play video for 1050 minutes, which is 17.5 hours. What is their standard of video they use to come up with these numbers?

Edit: no, sod that.. Found my answer scrolling down a bit more. Apparently they judge this off youtube videos.

Thanks

What is the lowest minute package to go with the $15 data plan? I may need to order movie tickets and restaurant via the apps.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is pretty damn awesome. Wish they had a weekly option but I guess I can just x4 and go with monthly and gives me the same idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    Verizon makes AT&T look like the most generous philanthropist, have fun with them. Off the top of my head:

1. They charge $3 for Visual Voicemail
    2. They charge as much as AT&T for bring able to tether
    3. You can't do voice and data at the same time.
    4. They were the first to raise the ETF on smartphones to $325.
    5. If you go to dictionary.com and search for "nickle and diming" it re-directs you to Verizon's website.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 06-04-2010 at 08:45 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

iphnblues (06-04-2010), Squeaky369 (06-06-2010), Windmeel (06-04-2010)

Thanks

I guess everyone herE is a new customer then (not) stop complaining until they say you are not grandfathered only the new people get screwed. Anyway we knew it was only a matter of time before at&t would not be able to handle the strain of all this data. And all the people who want to jump go ahead i'll push you more room for the rest of us.
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rickybobby View Post
    I guess everyone herE is a new customer then
    I have yet to make the move to AT&T. Was planning on it when my T-Mobile contract was up but now i'm having second thoughts.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    From my past months I am good on even using the 15$ plan. I generally have wifi in the areas that I have time to browse in. So this is going to save me money.
    True but its going to suck if u try to stream music in the car or show off a YouTube video with ur friends.

People going to be likethats a cool phone, too bad u can't do nothing with it. "lmao"

Thanks

For those who don't know *3282# is the number to call and get data amount

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rickybobby For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (06-04-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    True but its going to suck if u try to stream music in the car or show off a YouTube video with ur friends.

People going to be likethats a cool phone, too bad u can't do nothing with it. "lmao"
    Assuming you have a 30 minute commute (1 hour a day) and you work/drive it EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE MONTH and every minute you spend in it has you streaming music non-stop, you still don't go over the quota and gives you about 2.5 hours worth of streaming video / month after adding stuff like 100webpages/day, hundreds of email a day, etc.

Now take into account the fact that you don't work every day, don't drive an hour every day, spend some time at home / work / mall where there's a good change you'll be near Wifi and you actual data usage "zones" decrease.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Funny, today I spoke to the AT&T rep to ask about the new iPhone and he said "are you sure, you do know about the upcoming data package? You know, if you wait longer ur going to get less data. who's your carrier...." I was shocked, it's like he was trying to tell me something. I felt like he didn't want me to get the new iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

They do this just when the new iPhone is coming out with the new video chat and multitasking! With multitasking being the norm on the iPhone now AND the new video chat, I think we will be using more data than we think! That is why, I believe, they are now doing this to us!

iPhone? More like MyPhone wareagle5693's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickybobby View Post
    I guess everyone herE is a new customer then (not) stop complaining until they say you are not grandfathered only the new people get screwed. Anyway we knew it was only a matter of time before at&t would not be able to handle the strain of all this data. And all the people who want to jump go ahead i'll push you more room for the rest of us.
    but are you going to want the new iPhone when it comes out? You'll technically be a 'new' customer when you have to edit your contract...

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

^ When I talked to At&t twice today about all of this they told me if you upgrade your phone when the new one comes out it will not effect your data plan.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post

I stream the music stored on my iPhone to my car radio if I do listen to it in the car. Otherwise normal radio is fine by me if I listen to it at all.

All my friends have wifi. Not sure where I would be hanging with friends that doesn't have wifi. Have you seen the cost of having a beer at a bar compared to just buying a case or two to share while hanging out at a house with all your freinds. Plus having a good ol' BBQ?

As mention above someone posted that the calclator said 17.5 hours of youtube vid. Don't think I would be showing that much youtube vids to my friends while hanging out. If we find intersting stuff we normally just email it to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
    but are you going to want the new iPhone when it comes out? You'll technically be a 'new' customer when you have to edit your contract...
    AS tooth said, and ATT's press release, and their facebook page they say that the grandfathered plan applies to those that upgrade to the new iPhone. Meaning they get to keep it even when they are upgrading the phone and basically resigning the same contract they have. You can carry the same exact contract for many years. I did. I had a great one that went out the door a long time ago but everytime I would upgrade my phone it would just resign that same exact plan/contract. I only lost it when I needed to add some lines and get some more mins.
    Last edited by Cer0; 06-04-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
    technically no as long as i upgrade to any smartphone including the iphone i and everyone else who already have unlimited will be grandfathered sir

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast