+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Stand Against Flash: New HTML5 Demos & Showcase

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Wow, After the "demos", I'm all for HTML5. Developers get on with coding your webpages to HTML5!!!! I still like Flash though
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, After the "demos", I'm all for HTML5. Developers get on with coding your webpages to HTML5!!!!
    I still like Flash though

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

This is impressive!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Doesn't work completely on my 3GS. Oops. **** jobs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    wouldnt run on my iPad...kinda disappointing. I'm assuming site load, or crappy AT&T network and slow data transfer could be to blame...
    Yea, try later on wifi, I used my iPhone 3GS to check it out, and it works remarkably well.

Once again, shows Apple takes some time to get some features others have had, but they do it with the best efficiency than their competitors. People need to see that efficiency is the future.

I don't know about you, but if I'm going to pay for a computer, phone, tablet, I'm going to want it to work well, and to the best of it's ability. I don't want something that will get a virus, lag, glitch, or even have to worry about getting an anti-virus software.

So finally I say congratulations to Apple in choosing HTML5 to run on their iDevices and other products, I'm sure it was the best decision for that type of material to run on their products.

Quote Originally Posted by ewa8949 View Post
    So much choices are to download a flash plugin to do this type of stuff or download an entirely new web browser?

Thanks Apple.

I can't tell if this is a real 'Thank you' or sarcasm but to clarify Apple has removed the need to download the plenty of plugins that could be required to run types of media on the web, to one single web browser that can does not need all of the plugins you would without HTML5. Just Apple making ways of viewing things more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanolic View Post
    Wow, it is pretty impressive, but I just hate the fact that I have to use safari to view this instead of firefox..
    Chill out, the fox is just slow to catch up, and like Steve has stated, he see's HTLM5 as the future.
    If HTML5 continues to be used, from what I saw in the demo's we should see and hear more about it's involvement, because I really doubt someone could really tell much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Doesn't work completely on my 3GS. Oops. **** jobs.
    Then somethings wrong with your 3GS.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmundGerber View Post
    Will not load on my Windows machine - now there's a shock...
    Not too much of a shock, Windows is the old, the toy you stop playing with when you finally discover that bigger better toy, Macintosh.

Quote Originally Posted by UiK View Post
    I think HTML5 is great, but so is Flash. Apple not allowing it on their iDevices is just childish. Our way or the highway. Seriously get over it. Not everyone wants to code with HTML5
    It's what you deal with when you buy a product, you want flash? buy something that supports it.

Say you buy a V6 car, and expect it to run like a V8, with the power and ability it has. You can't force the V6 car to act as a V8. So you find ways to modify the V6 to run equal or better level with alternative ways, instead of wastefully and recklessly flooring the gas pedal.
    Last edited by law111; 06-04-2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

Green Apple
    Thanks

I really do not want everyone to start going to HTML5.
    Comapred to Flash, it sucks. We all know it does, so we should stop sugar coating it. If apple doesn't calm down, then sooner or later the iPhone is going to loose a lot of sales.

We would probably all have iphones, iPads and iMacs and whatever else had an i in it. Macs would also be cheaper then PC's probably dont ya know

Anyways Apple has so many chances to become a juggernaut and beat out Google and Microsoft, but it's like Steve Jobs doesn't pay attention.

There is definitely no we in "I"phone thats for sure.

Thanks

Doesn't look so "standard" to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I think that they ask for you to install Safari because they know for a fact it works 100% with Safari. Other browsers may not have full support for some of the things they are showcasing yet which will lead people to think that HTML5 is crap and doesn't work. So they are just covering the issue of knowing that the showcasing of what HTML5 "can" do will work properly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    I think that they ask for you to install Safari because they know for a fact it works 100% with Safari. Other browsers may not have full support for some of the things they are showcasing yet.
    So what if they "100% know" that it works in Safari? It's a STANDARD. Standard means standard. That Safari message was the single most hypocritical, disgusting thing I have ever witnessed from Apple. Pathetic. All this talk about "don't need special plugins," etc. etc. "BUT YOU NEED OUR BROWSER FOR IT TO WORK." Talk about having one hell of an ego.

Thanks

That is the thing though HTML5 is not a standard yet. It still has not made it to a final agreement to become a full on standard. It is close but there are a couple tiny things that needs to be figured out. I beleive one of the things is that Microsoft doesn't agree on the video codec and a few others don't either. So that is one of the few things left from becoming a standard.

Thanks

Not a standard yet? So Apple is pushing and full-on supporting a technology that isn't complete?

Reminds me of a tweet from a certain popular iPhone developer the other day...

Thanks

True, but I think Google is behind that wheel too. Microsoft is sort of being pulled by them and partially agrees on some things with them both.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course Steve wants to tout it as the thing of the future, apple owns the rights to the video format for it and are eager to get their window of royalty free usage over with so they can replace adobe across the web.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm really tired of Steve Jobs....seriously tired of him

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12